Hypothetical: If Hernandez is aquitted, would you sign him?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Was reading this article about Hernandez's trial date being set, and there's some talk about how the prosecution does not have a lot of evidence against him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-murder-trial-likely-will-happen-next-summer/

It got me thinking that if Hernandez was set free, he would be a free agent.

Personally I think there are too many coincidences and sketchy things that went on and I don't think the guy is innocent...but if he was found not guilty in a court of law, would you want the Seahawks to sign him?

You would potentially have a Ray Lewis situation on your hands, where the whole world assumes him guilty of his crime, but he is a free man.

Would you want him on the Hawks?

Decimation

Reaction score
No.

Dude is a huge druggy. I don't care how good he was, he's a straight up thug.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hell to the Naaaw. He's a murderer.....and a thug.. Anybody who threatens players to the point where there scared for the family and themselves and to the point where they actually report it and it's been more than a couple, does not deserve to be in the league, he deserves to be right where he's at...

ivotuk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3ela7pob said:
He's guilty no matter what the court says

Ditto. First he promises the Patriots that the thug life is behind him, then he does a drive by killing 2 guys that upset him in a bar. A month or two later, he signs a $41 million dollar contract, then he sees his friend talking to people at a bar that he doesn't like, so he grabs a gun and a couple of lackys and murders the guy. What a Piece of Isht. The last 2 texts Odin Lloyd sent to his sister, and you know that he knew he was going to die "Just so you know who I'm with" "NFL."

I think there is enough testimony from the guys that were with him to fry his ass. If it was up to me, I'd drop him off on the Arctic Tundra in July with no clothes and let him experience the mosquitoes.

I can't imagine what Odin's family is going through right now, or the families of the 2 guys in the car that got murdered. The 3rd guy only took a couple of bullets and lived so he should consider himself lucky.

samwize77

Reaction score
Him, OJ and Carruth...killer team guys. Hell NO!!!

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Absolutely, positively, 100% NO.

If through some fluke of the justice system he was found not guilty, there is enough evidence to suggest that he is a flat-out insane, habitually violent, and dangerous individual. There is no team in the NFL that would sign him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Erebus":aw9tserc said:
Even if found not guilty, it's possible Goodell would suspend him indefinitely.

That would be difficult since the only thing you would have to suspend him on is gun possession charges. If you black listed him he would have a lawsuit against the NFL since he technically didn't commit a crime much like Ray Lewis' final outcome.

Now on the open market there may be a huge flag on him going forward, but take a team much like the Vick situation that is hurting and needs help and there ya go.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Only if you don't care if the death rate in your city goes up by 20%.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
For the record, I wouldn't sign him either.

But I am somewhat surprised that no one would take a chance on a man declared innocent.

Just to play devil's advocate, if a similar topic came up back around the time Ray Lewis was coming off his legal trouble, I think most people would be saying the same things they are in this thread. But given how his career turned out after, would you feel like you missed out?

I wouldn't take the chance on Hernandez for all the reasons stated in this thread, but the Ravens certainly are glad they gave Lewis another chance.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He'd have to cut back on the PCP and stay away from Pioneer square.

Tebow couldn't save him. I believe Wilson could.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3j1imbdm said:
For the record, I wouldn't sign him either.

But I am somewhat surprised that no one would take a chance on a man declared innocent.

Just to play devil's advocate, if a similar topic came up back around the time Ray Lewis was coming off his legal trouble, I think most people would be saying the same things they are in this thread. But given how his career turned out after, would you feel like you missed out?

I wouldn't take the chance on Hernandez for all the reasons stated in this thread, but the Ravens certainly are glad they gave Lewis another chance.

Apples and Oranges. IIRC, it was Ray's friends that committed the murder and Lewis tried to help them cover up. Aaron on the other hand, is accused of instigating the drive by shooting of 3 men that he didn't like from a bar, then the execution style murder of his friend who talked to people at a bar that Aaron didn't like. What else has gone on that we never heard about? Look at his record in Florida.

For the record, when Lewis got in trouble, I thought he should have been banned from the NFL. And all the voters that vote yes for the hall of fame for Ray Lewis, will be demonstrating that the almighty dollar and stardom outweigh integrity. I can see a recovering addict (much like myself) like Michael Irvin getting in, but people involved in murder, no way.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ivotuk, if he is found not guilty is the key here, I think the body of evidence indicates he's not a swell guy, but not guilty by the legal system says he didn't do it. At first the Lewis situation had him involved, a lot of that got hushed up and then things came out different etc but in the end he was found not guilty as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":31987ue2 said:
He could walk out of jail tomorrow and no NFL would ever touch him.

Morally speaking I wish you were right, but if he can get a team to the Super Bowl there is always someone that will take a flyer.

Latest posts