Huskies Vs Oklahoma State

kearly

Reaction score
This was the least I cared about a Huskies bowl game maybe ever. But I didn't expect the Huskies players and coaches to care even less.

Oklahoma State is a 6-6 team that has looked like a 6-6 team in this game. They haven't dominated so much as they have been masterful at squeaking by on 3rd and 4th down, while preventing the Huskies from winning the game of inches themselves.

Reminds me of the Nebraska bowl game a few years ago, in reverse. Nebraska was a good team that year but they were built on winning in the trenches. A team like that is not going to look good if they don't care. Same thing with Washington here.

jdruaint

Reaction score
Put Shaq back at RB in the second half it's your only hope down now 24-0 at the freaking half. Just pathetic all around showing from UW.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This team is just a train wreck tonight. Can't run or pass on offense, can't tackle or cover on defense, mental mistakes all over the place.

drrew

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1t67b84b said:
My god Cyler Miles is terrible

It really seemed like Miles had turned himself from being a non D1 QB early in the season into just a completely mediocre D1 QB....and then tonight happens. His brain does not let his body do the things needed as a QB, his arm strength is still at a HS level, and while he can move a bit, he doesn't know how or when to use his legs negating the one positive he could bring.

It's ridiculous that this kid was ever a top 10 QB by any scouting service coming out of high school.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pretty embarassing showing. Miles is terrible but you can win in CFB with a substandard QB, especially against a .500 OSU team. Have a hard time seeing that as an excuse for this. Peterson has gotta get these guys to play for him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
You know you suck when the kicker has to come in because you can't throw that far. How is it possible that the QB play is THAT bad at a large university?

If Miles is smart he'll try a position switch or really start working hard at that degree.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ytryzge said:
Pretty embarassing showing. Miles is terrible but you can win in CFB with a substandard QB, especially against a .500 OSU team. Have a hard time seeing that as an excuse for this. Peterson has gotta get these guys to play for him.

Just stack the box if they can't complete a decent pass. Or Basketball if you prefer....crowd the key if they don't have shooters.

Makes it extremely easy. That's not an excuse for the secondary play though. It's bad.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I really, truly hope that was the last time we see Miles on the field for the Huskies unless it's mop up duty in 2015 or 2016 during a blowout.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Petersen should be ashamed of this performance, and I hold him entirely accountable for this soft, pitiful showing.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If Mike Gundy sends out his 3rd & 4th stringers in the second half, could the Huskies actually reach the redzone?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Also, I've seen from more than one scout that Dwayne Washington was possibly the top RB recruit and he's leaving a lot of yards there. A lot of dancing and even when he's N/S he's not getting yards after contact. Obvious athlete, but not yet a football player. Problem is RB is a lot about instincts when talking about pure running. That's where Shaq is easily more natural and clearly superior.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
jkitsune":3i38nww8 said:
Petersen should be ashamed of this performance, and I hold him entirely accountable for this soft, pitiful showing.
Considering he isn't a player, and didn't recruit any of the players, I disagree.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
jkitsune":2sqp7787 said:
How can you hold him entirely accountable when he was left with no QB?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3eus9gcc said:
Also, I've seen from more than one scout that Dwayne Washington was possibly the top RB recruit and he's leaving a lot of yards there. A lot of dancing and even when he's N/S he's not getting yards after contact. Obvious athlete, but not yet a football player. Problem is RB is a lot about instincts when talking about pure running. That's where Shaq is easily more natural and clearly superior.
Hopefully we get Chris Warren