How many plays before V Davis is neutralized?

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Playing on one leg? We did just shut down one of the more electric and prolific QBs in the game, while playing on "one leg". We will most likely be healthier this week, at home, than we were last week. I think our defense will be alright.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":mo41kajn said:
TwistedHusky":mo41kajn said:
It isn't happening.

Davis was a beast at Maryland and it took a while for the light to go on for him in the NFL but it did.

He is a TE that is built like linebacker but can catch like a WR. In fact, I believe that one of the adjustments that SF was going to make for the temporary loss of Crabtree was to use him like a WR.

Maybe with Browner, Kam, Earl and Sherman together we could have shut him down but it ridiculous to assume that just because the guy is wearing a Seahawk decal on his helmet he suddenly gets all the powers of the position. Lane, Maxwell or WT3 are not equivalent to the guy we have out.

There is no way we should reasonably expect that the loss of our corner is not going to put pressure on our safeties when the loss of our pass rush (due to the loss of our DEs already) is already going to put pressure on our secondary.

Davis will get his, because that is what he does. Just as Boldin will probably too.

Hopefully our offense can match them because our defense is playing on one leg right now.

Why is it every time I come across a post from you I think you're a 49ers fan in disguise? :327321_Spy_23.22:
Because he is!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
VD will get alligator arms at some point Sunday night. He just will.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37z66luc said:
VD will get alligator arms at some point Sunday night. He just will.

Amen, brother.

I'm laughing at these posts saying Davis is too beasty for our secondary. Guess none of those people were watching last season.

The LOB has a pure hatred for the Niners and you think Davis is going to escape that? They've been talking about him all week.

Davis will be lucky to get out of the game healthy, and he knows that going in. Call it dirty if you want, but that dude will have a bullseye on his chest all day, and the Legion will be going all-out after him. Anyone who doubts what impact that can have on a game should go re-watch the Dallas, New England and Green Bay games from last season when that same Legion of Boom (at home) was bringing destruction, chaos and fear to the toughest, biggest TE's in the game. That's what they do!

Can't wait to see him get laid out. And I'll be thinking of the post here about some Seahawks fan starting him in fantasy this week and it will make it all doubly awesome.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
Aros":eplq7zop said:
TwistedHusky":eplq7zop said:
It isn't happening.

Davis was a beast at Maryland and it took a while for the light to go on for him in the NFL but it did.

He is a TE that is built like linebacker but can catch like a WR. In fact, I believe that one of the adjustments that SF was going to make for the temporary loss of Crabtree was to use him like a WR.

Maybe with Browner, Kam, Earl and Sherman together we could have shut him down but it ridiculous to assume that just because the guy is wearing a Seahawk decal on his helmet he suddenly gets all the powers of the position. Lane, Maxwell or WT3 are not equivalent to the guy we have out.

There is no way we should reasonably expect that the loss of our corner is not going to put pressure on our safeties when the loss of our pass rush (due to the loss of our DEs already) is already going to put pressure on our secondary.

Davis will get his, because that is what he does. Just as Boldin will probably too.

Hopefully our offense can match them because our defense is playing on one leg right now.

Why is it every time I come across a post from you I think you're a 49ers fan in disguise? :327321_Spy_23.22:
I feel as though every thread I see someone not be a hawk homer they are called out as a troll?

Feels like theres only one opinion/train of thought welcome around here, or else the person must be a ninnie troll out to get you all...

13thMan

Reaction score
John_Redcorn":1fwp0je7 said:
Aros":1fwp0je7 said:
TwistedHusky":1fwp0je7 said:
It isn't happening.

I feel as though every thread I see someone not be a hawk homer they are called out as a troll?

Feels like theres only one opinion/train of thought welcome around here, or else the person must be a ninnie troll out to get you all...

That obvious, huh? I would agree....

Anyway, I do expect the Hawk D to play better than against Carolina and that is saying something.... But I don't think it's any secret that the Niners O is considerably better than the Panthers O soooooo..... should be a fun game regardless!

Is it Sunday yet???

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a difference between being a skeptic and a troll.

Been a Seahawk fan long enough to know that injuries have bitten us in the rear each time we looked like we were going to bust out.

Then again, I remember going to the Saints game thinking we didn't have a chance. I think we all remember what happened then....so it was probably a good thing I didn't give those tickets away. Point is, I don't mind being wrong. In fact I hope I am.

That said, the Seahawks and the 49ers are likely the top teams in the NFL right now, neck and neck with Denver but Denver is really going to struggle without a pass rush. The difference between the Seahawks and 49ers is that we have something like 5-6 key people injured and they have one that I know of.

So disregarding that doesn't make sense. Pointing it out doesn't make me a troll.

And disregarding Boldin or Davis is just as silly as a 49er fan disregarding the impact of a Lynch, Sherman or Thomas. Star players make a difference, and pretending that won't is just whistling past the graveyard. You can be a fan and still acknowledge when other teams have good players too.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned about this game. We have a lot to overcome, luckily we are fortunate enough to have these issues while playing at home instead of in Candlestick.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3lm1kagd said:
And disregarding Boldin or Davis is just as silly as a 49er fan disregarding the impact of a Lynch, Sherman or Thomas. Star players make a difference, and pretending that won't is just whistling past the graveyard. You can be a fan and still acknowledge when other teams have good players too.

Who said Vernon Davis wasn't a good player? IMO, he's one of the best TEs in the game, if not THE best TE in the game. He's a uniquely gifted player with some very special abilities, he's huge fast and has excellent hands. And like someone else mentioned, even though he's about the size of most DEs, he can still sneak behind coverage.

That wasn't the point of my thread. I'm not calling out Vernon Davis as a crappy player or athlete. I'm specifically pointing him out as the biggest threat on SF's offense and asking if the Legion of Boom will neutralize him the way they did last time.

And that was a major impact in the last meetup. When we knocked Davis out of the game, San Fran was trying to make a comeback and they were moving the ball well. Then came the Bam Bam hammer, and dude was done. And the entire SF offense died with him.

So that's why I'm asking if the Legion of Boom can get to him, knock him off his game and thereby, take SF out of their game plan. Or will they plan differently, maybe run the ball at us all day? It's a legit question. I'd bet you a million bucks that 49er coaching staff has been thinking about it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HansGruber":2z0aylzj said:
TwistedHusky":2z0aylzj said:

Who said Vernon Davis wasn't a good player? IMO, he's one of the best TEs in the game, if not THE best TE in the game. He's a uniquely gifted player with some very special abilities, he's huge fast and has excellent hands. And like someone else mentioned, even though he's about the size of most DEs, he can still sneak behind coverage.

That wasn't the point of my thread. I'm not calling out Vernon Davis as a crappy player or athlete. I'm specifically pointing him out as the biggest threat on SF's offense and asking if the Legion of Boom will neutralize him the way they did last time.

And that was a major impact in the last meetup. When we knocked Davis out of the game, San Fran was trying to make a comeback and they were moving the ball well. Then came the Bam Bam hammer, and dude was done. And the entire SF offense died with him.

So that's why I'm asking if the Legion of Boom can get to him, knock him off his game and thereby, take SF out of their game plan. Or will they plan differently, maybe run the ball at us all day? It's a legit question. I'd bet you a million bucks that 49er coaching staff has been thinking about it.
Twisted understood your question. He had replied that no, he doesn't think they will knock VD off his game. For giving that reply, he was labelled a troll.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He'll complain about a hang nail, some where in the 2nd quarter.

Typical Vernon Davis stuff, act hurt so you don't look bad when the team loses.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
Last season VD only had 1 catch for 27 yards against us. Our defense scares opposing WR/TE's and it's obvious if you watch a game from start to finish. They frequently get hit a few times (or once) and either begin to play cautious or stupid. It's great.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
I hate facing dudes who bring the woo hits like your safeties. A fear of mine is does Vernon hang on to the grab at the point of contact. .. I dont think we can just ask him to go deeper than kam on his routes.

Vern is a freak but he rarely bulls through guys with that huge frame too, his yac tends ti be with his speed and abikity to break arm tackles. Gonna be interesting to see.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
Hawkaholic":1vv26ia2 said:
Last season VD only had 1 catch for 27 yards against us. Our defense scares opposing WR/TE's and it's obvious if you watch a game from start to finish. They frequently get hit a few times (or once) and either begin to play cautious or stupid. It's great.

Boooyah!!

I'm already getting jacked up. Got my ticket in hand, and can't wait to watch the hit parade! I gotta agree with ya, one of the best things about the Carroll era has been going from a team that gave up 8000 yards of passing every week to a team where you see WRs just giving up on passes. You can literally see them missing passes because they're looking for Kam or Thomas, looking for that big THWACK!! And then, when they do make a catch, and you see em runnin and runnin, with that daylight ahead of them and BWAMMMOOO!!! Suddenly Bam Bam is up in that earhole knockin em into next Tuesday! Oh yeah baby, I LOVE that Legion of Boom!!!

Best part will be coming in here afterward and every single one of these Niner trolls will be long gone. It will be all quiet. Just like their fans sitting at home. Just like Krappernick when that hit comes raining down. BOOM SUCKA!! Welcome to Seattle! This ain't Green Bay, baby! You don't come in THIS house trying to throw that ball or run like a scared deer, cuz we be big-game hunters up in this MUTHA!!

I'm ready to go right now!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I always thought Vernon Davis was somewhat of a wasted talent. That's not to say he's not a great player; he is. However, he has the physicality to bully guys around, but he plays like a lanky guy afraid of contact.

kf3339

Reaction score
NorCal":kg87nypc said:
HansGruber":kg87nypc said:
Wenhawk":kg87nypc said:
Davis will have a good game if we can contain Boldin. Without BB I think Boldin well get the best of maxwell and WT3

I thought Lane was higher on the depth chart than Maxwell, did that change?

In any case, I'm okay with any of them on Boldin. They're all better in coverage than anyone in GB's terrible secondary.

Seems like Sherman would be covering Boldin, though, since he's been playing on the left.

They move Boldin all over.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/13/anquan-bo ... -seahawks/

Sherman can move all over too!

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Marvin49":2n4q1ctr said:
Its funny to me that Vernon has played the Seahawks so many times and you guys all think that ONE hit is somehow going to intimdate Vernon.

Clearly...you don't know him very well.
It's the last hit that counts. VD is going down.