how many games will Mike Carey call for us this year

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Radish":2vudsa99 said:
I did notice that no one is mentioning the Green Bay game last year.

:roll:

Ummmmmmmmmmm.................

DavidSeven":2vudsa99 said:
I'll agree on this point: @Miami and @Chicago were probably the two worst officiated games of the year for Seattle. Green Bay was also poorly officiated, but it hurt both teams. The Chicago game, in particular, was ridiculous. The officiating would still be talked about today if we hadn't won and it didn't become RW's marquee game.

Just saying. No sour grapes here. Seattle had the opportunity to win both of those games (unlike their Super Bowl). It's just interesting that the same crew was involved in both those games.
:roll: (Eye roll because that's a fair assesment. All people talk about is the last play but the game had horrible calls hurting and helping both teams.)

Bakergirl

Reaction score
This is the year for Seattle to prove they are better than the schedule makers, better than the refs. They will find a way to win.

kearly

Reaction score
Maybe Mike Carey will actually call a straight game the next time we see him. Or maybe we won't draw him at all. Or maybe he'll hose us on calls and we'll still win 50-0. I don't think this is anything worth worrying about.

And FWIW, the call on Thomas (Miami game) was a legit call- what he did was technically against the rules and deserving of a penalty. It was just a tough break for us. Also, we can't say for certain that it cost us the game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Carey sure seems to enjoy making calls against the Seahawks and seems depressed when he makes a call that favors the Seahawks. This seemed most evident in the Chicago game last year. He was very emphatic for calls against the Seahawks while almost subdued making calls against Chicago. The touchdown to Braylon Edwards that was reversed without evidence was just another call that he seemed to WANT to make. I don't think there is a conspiracy, I just don't think he likes the Seahawks and he lets that fact affect the way he calls Seahawks games.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Well how about the call in the Chicago game when they went for it on 4th and 1, got pretty close and then the spot put them about a yard and a half back meaning a turnover on downs? Surely if Carey is that against Seattle, he gives them a first down that's probably not challenged?

We're very good at remembering things that either go against us or any pieces of media that criticise this team. And yet we ignore the Golden Tate call last year (and if it had happened against us, this forum would've exploded with rage) and gushing praise bestowed upon the team from the vast majority of the media. ESPN has us ranked #1 in their pre-season power rankings. Seattle was recently voted as the likely Super Bowl winners in NFL.com's predict the season. The guy who ranked Pete Carroll #15 among coaches predicted Seattle to win it all next year in a separate piece. Pundits galore are lining up to praise this team and staff, not to mention the endless remarks about how great the fans are at Century Link.

And yet we want to bitch and moan and complain about anything still.

Let's just enjoy the fact that for maybe the second time EVER, this team is considered a major contender.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This team is not going to lose many games in 2013. Whether Carey's group is calling them or not. As far as the schedule? I think it is the perfect setting to put the road record thing to bed.

The Seahawks are a genuine 3 year team, with a second year QB who is only concerned with improving his play every game. Regardless of opponent, the team WILL be improved. Every year, they have shown improvement in every aspect of the game. They have not peaked yet. The PC Hawks were terrible on the road in year one, were better in year two and in year three were even closer to toppling those road games. With that, they were also that much better at home, with bad calls and all.

They always say that good teams overcome bad calls, but I don't expect the Hawks to be in many situations that a bad call here and there cost them the game.

Super Bowl XL was unique in that the refs took away any momentum the Hawks had, nearly every time they threatened to hit their stride. Something THAT team needed to function. This team, in its current form would have murdered that Steeler team, even with the calls.

Officiating or schedule, this team will take care of business by design. Every down is just another opportunity for a big play. Something we have never really experienced as Seahawk fans.