How do you feel about your bandwaggon jumpers?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
When the Rams had their run between 1999-2001, we had a lot of people jump on the bandwaggon. I think its safe to say that there are many new fans who purchased Marshall Faulk jerseys around that time and became Rams fans.

I suspect you are experiencing the same thing today.

My question is, how do you feel about those fans?

My attitude was generally "the more the merrier," though I did hold those who suffered through the lean years in higher regard. Of course, all runs end, and its interesting to see which fans will stick and which will jump off the bandwaggon as quickly as they jumped on.

So how do you feel about your nouveau-Hawks fans?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
No, we don't want you. We told you so, but you're not allowed on.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't mind the fans jumping on.

No matter how much fun they have cheering on the team, they will never experience the joy of a fan who has stuck with the team through the hard times.

They chase the mediocre high from team to team. We chase the big one.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AvengerRam":3olq5bnt said:
When the Rams had their run between 1999-2001, we had a lot of people jump on the bandwaggon. I think its safe to say that there are many new fans who purchased Marshall Faulk jerseys around that time and became Rams fans.

My attitude was generally "the more the merrier," though I did hold those who suffered through the lean years in higher regard. Of course, all runs end, and its interesting to see which fans will stick and which will jump off the bandwaggon as quickly as they jumped on.

the term bandwagon is such a ridiculously arrogant and petty one. pretty big difference between people who spend more time and energy on the team when there is palpable excitement and something to be proud in than "bandwagon" fans. it smells of the "true" fan argument. why would anyone care. its not some social scientific phenomena that people become more interested and willing to invest in things that are positive.

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3q5fkay2 said:
I think ur a closeted bw Hawks fan tbqh

LOL. Not likely. I've been a Rams fan for 35 years. I'm a chronic.

Sarlacc83":3q5fkay2 said:
I thought all the bandwagon jumpers were on the 49ers train right now.

49er bandwaggon fans are a special breed. Most of them, even if the jumped on last season, will act as though they were there for the Super Bowl years (even if they were only 2 years old when Steve Young raised the Lombardi Trophy).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Honestly they piss me off. From 06-11, they were nowhere to be found except when they spoke up to tell me how much the Seahawks sucked. They proceeded to hop on the Saints, Packers, Ravens, Patriots bandwagon in that time. Now they want to talk to me about Seahawks football? Man, GTFOH!

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vivgdtp said:
the term bandwagon is such a ridiculously arrogant and petty one. pretty big difference between people who spend more time and energy on the team when there is palpable excitement and something to be proud in than "bandwagon" fans. it smells of the "true" fan argument. why would anyone care. its not some social scientific phenomena that people become more interested and willing to invest in things that are positive.

My definition of "bandwaggon" fan is simply a person who becomes a fan because the team is a contender.

For example, a person who first became a Miami Heat fan when they signed Lebron could be called a "bandwaggon" fan.

That does not mean that a person who jumps on can't become as passionate as any other fan in time.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I don't understand the mentality of a bandwagon jumper (where is the fun in rooting for a different team every 2-4 years? Just becuase the team might win the Super Bowl? Makes no sense) but I agree: more the merrier, die hards get MUCH more respect.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't really care. If they want to miss all the fun of who to draft, the draft, preseason analysis of the teams, looking at needs and playing at GM it is their loss.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
I love people jumping on the bandwagon. It means our team is good and worth following. Who I hate are the folks who jump off the bandwagon as soon as the road becomes a little bit bumpy. Get on and stay on.

hawker84

Reaction score
really don't pay it much thought... I focus on the fans that pack the stadium and good folks like the ones you find on the message boards that wish they could be a part of every homegame experience but can't so we turn to communities like these to express our fandom... whether your at the game or in front of the tv, ipad, computer, radio every sunday, cursing and throwing fits, or jumping for joy like a silly school girl, you're welcome aboard in my book...

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":1ds6bowg said:

Waggon? Who cares? So what if people want to pretend to be Seahawks fans, or Rams fans, etc. Real fans know the difference. What I don't get are all these opposing fans who ask these asinine questions. Whether it is not so subtle trolling, or what, but who do you think you are to come in here talking about our fans? Between this and all the backhanded compliments on our home field advantage, it is amazing to see how damn defensive (and most likely scared) opposing teams' fans are.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2bvvdaw4 said:
Uncle Si":2bvvdaw4 said:

My definition of "bandwaggon" fan is simply a person who becomes a fan because the team is a contender.

For example, a person who first became a Miami Heat fan when they signed Lebron could be called a "bandwaggon" fan.

That does not mean that a person who jumps on can't become as passionate as any other fan in time.

Why would someone who likes the Heat because of LeBron be a bandwagoner? Why do we like teams to begin with?

I understand what you're saying. But outside the very rare person who just jumps from team to team (and that is annoying) most fans are "bandwagon" in nature, meaning they really only care when A. the season starts and B. if the team is good. why would any die hard hawks fan care too much if the locals are back in the mix.

OP
OP
AvengerRam

AvengerRam

Reaction score
HawksFTW":2w3x3jrq said:
Waggon? Who cares? So what if people want to pretend to be Seahawks fans, or Rams fans, etc. Real fans know the difference. What I don't get are all these opposing fans who ask these asinine questions. Whether it is not so subtle trolling, or what, but who do you think you are to come in here talking about our fans? Between this and all the backhanded compliments on our home field advantage, it is amazing to see how damn defensive (and most likely scared) opposing teams' fans are.

Or... maybe I just enjoy having discussions on interesting topics with reasonable, open-minded fans of other teams.

(Which begs the question... why am I responding to YOU?)

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I was a season ticket holder for five years and let them go because I moved to Colorado. Now that I just moved back in state I wanted to get tickets again. Right good luck with that. My problem is if the team went 4-12 this season, I would have no problem getting my tickets back.

As I type this I realize I hate fair weather fans more than bandwagon fans.

Cartire

Reaction score
I think bandwagon is overused. Whenever there is a winning team, more people will root for them. When a team sucks, some people will lose interest, but that doesnt mean root for other teams. I mean, every single team sees a huge burst of fandom when their winning. Its just common. Case in point, Im a Mariners fan. I dont like any other team. But Im not gonna say I havent lost interest in them over the last decade. That would be lieing. If they turn the franchise around, Ill probably take more interest again.

A bandwagon jumper to me has always been someone who changes teams to a winning one. Which I dont think happens as much as people think.