How do Pats match up with us?

jake206

Reaction score
Blount is slow and dances in backfield a little too much. I rate any of last two RBs that Seahawks faced (Jonathan Stewart and Eddie Lacy) above Blount. Hawks can stop him.

marko358

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1dxi3vzx said:
marko358":1dxi3vzx said:
HeatEquation":1dxi3vzx said:
It's also a more physical offense than Denver's (who had a physically and mentally weak team overall last season.)

So physically and mentally weak that your team couldn't beat them while we trounced them.

We had our top players on both sides of the ball on IR. No one on defense to limit them and no one on offense to keep up with them. Brady's #2 receiver that game was a STer.

The fact that they only beat us by 10 in their house shows how flawed of a team they were.
Lots of excuses for not getting it done in the last ten years. I look forward to your excuses after you lose in Arizona.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2dme74rt said:
Your defense will be exposed in 2 weeks.

How, exactly? It's not like we run a 4-6. Seattle really has no gimmicks.

I've heard this shit - we all have - for three straight years. It's poppycock, really.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3kq7iy31 said:
Why would I do that? Then I'd miss the beating we will put on your team, which would be more devastating then any plane crash could accomplish.

In all seriousness, I do respect your team. You have a good squad. But your SB ring from a year ago is irrelevant to me. This NE will not be stopped this year. I get that it comes off as arrogant, but I love the majority of the match ups, as previously described in detail.

Funny, I can tell you that this Seahawks team feels the exact same way -- that they are not going to be stopped and that no one in the world respects them and thinks they can do it again. Don't underestimate that fact that seemingly everyone out there is doubting them (they know it and feed off of it).

I respect the Patriots a lot and feel that this will be a great game. That said, there are match-ups that the Seahawks will look to exploit as well. If you haven't figured it out already, there are other reasons (completely apart from money) why the Hawks chose to cut bait with Brandon Browner. He knows us ... but we also know him and what he can (and can't do) as well.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Interesting, the Pats didnt face a single RO team this year. They only faced one in 2013 and lost, Carolina. Lost to two in 2012 , Seattle and SF. So 0-3 against the RO, I wonder if they will be ready for it.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1m343qla said:
That's really great that your defense had great stats during the regular season and all, but that means absolutely nothing in 2 weeks.

It is convenient that history means nothing to you, as your team has not won a Super Bowl in a decade.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":395t02tp said:
Interesting, the Pats didnt face a single RO team this year. They only faced one in 2013 and lost, Carolina. Lost to two in 2012 , Seattle and SF. So 0-4 against the RO, I wonder if they will be ready for it.

Good thing Belichick is good friends with Saban who had great success shutting down the read option in Alabama. I expect a lot of consulting between the two over the next couple of weeks. ;)

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2cgsh8rx said:
HeatEquation":2cgsh8rx said:
That's really great that your defense had great stats during the regular season and all, but that means absolutely nothing in 2 weeks.

It is convenient that history means nothing to you, as your team has not won a Super Bowl in a decade.

My team won 3 SBs over the course of 4 years. Something your team will never achieve in its existence.

Nevertheless, this Pats team is different from those that last the SB in 2007 and 2011.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
HeatEquation":pfle5r1s said:
12thManHawkFan":pfle5r1s said:
Interesting, the Pats didnt face a single RO team this year. They only faced one in 2013 and lost, Carolina. Lost to two in 2012 , Seattle and SF. So 0-4 against the RO, I wonder if they will be ready for it.

Good thing Belichick is good friends with Saban who had great success shutting down the read option in Alabama. I expect a lot of consulting between the two over the enxt couple of weeks. ;)

That may bode well, but fact is they havent faced it at all this year, it takes alot of discipline to defend it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HeatEquation":phqpxogm said:
12thManHawkFan":phqpxogm said:

Good thing Belichick is good friends with Saban who had great success shutting down the read option in Alabama. I expect a lot of consulting between the two over the next couple of weeks. ;)

Hopefully Saban can really shed some light on the RO for Belicheat, cause the teams we play every year with far better defenses than the Pats can't stop Russell and Marshawn.

cesame

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2ehyiqqv said:
12thManHawkFan":2ehyiqqv said:

Because Alabama played so well against Ohio State a couple weeks ago

Saban also couldn't stop Johnny Manziel

Try again

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":isj7pif9 said:
HeatEquation":isj7pif9 said:
12thManHawkFan":isj7pif9 said:

Hopefully Saban can really shed some light on the RO for Belicheat, cause the teams we play every year with far better defenses than the Pats can't stop Russell and Marshawn.

Dallas and SD managed to beat you this year with inferior defenses.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rhi9jq3 said:
HeatEquation":3rhi9jq3 said:
12thManHawkFan":3rhi9jq3 said:

I edited my first comment btw, i meant to type 0-3 against the RO offense in the last three years.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3i0vrlai said:
Our Man in Chicago":3i0vrlai said:
HeatEquation":3i0vrlai said:

My team won 3 SBs over the course of 4 years. Something your team will never achieve in its existence.

Nevertheless, this Pats team is different from those that last the SB in 2007 and 2011.

So history means something to you, now? Pretty selective reasoning.

cesame

Reaction score
Ohio State and Cardale Jones put up 537 yards of offense on Alabama

Yes Bill, call Nick Saban. Do it now.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
This superbowl is so intriguing due to the varying reasons already mentioned by the hawk fans and 1 pat fan n this thread already

A quick release QB with a balanced attack
A great set of coaches
Our run game
Our DLine v their O-line
Their corners v our receivers.
Lob

What the pats fan has to recognise however is that this seahawk team has not lost by double digits in 3 years, and only 1 game in 3 years have we lost by more than 1 possession and that was SD with 9 points of a gap. I think he believes Brady and the team are going to come in and score at will and tear us to shreds. It aint going to happen. Yea sure they may get some success, but I fully expect our offence to get plenty of success too, with energy sapping drives from Lynch and Wilson on their soft D-line

All in all it should be a corcker of a match up, and both teams have reason to be optimistic.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2oa5dasn said:

True ... and we can talk about the reasons for that if you'd like.

And if we're going to go there, we can also point out (in the same vein) that the Patriots somehow managed to lose to apparently inferior teams as well (Miami, Kansas City, and Buffalo). The Pats also managed to barely eek out a win against the Jets (Gino Smith ain't exactly what I'd call Tom Brady by any means).

So, care to take off the rose colored glasses and talk to us about openly and honestly about the Patriots? I'll readily admit and talk about the weaknesses of this Seahawks team. Are you willing to do the same about yours?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1pevfnvk said:
Sgt. Largent":1pevfnvk said:
HeatEquation":1pevfnvk said:
12thManHawkFan":1pevfnvk said:

You'd know inferior defenses, you've had one for 10 years running.

Enjoy your last days in the sun my friend, cause the end of the Brady/Belicheat era is quickly coming to an end......and then it'll be back to the good ol' Doug Flutie days.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Should end up being a great game. What I like from the Hawks perspective is from having watched sports for decades, I've seen so many instances where a great team survives a major playoff scare and ends up playing lights out in their next game(s). New England even showed that this year to some degree. A game like that will do nothing but refocus Seattle and they can go back to playing the underdog role in their minds, even though it's a pick 'em game. They're definitley gonna hear a lot of ppl picking the Pats over the next 2 weeks, and as we all know, Sea is at their best when people doubt them.

I see NE having a lot of trouble with the read-option, considering how rarely they've seen it compared to the NFC foes that we've seen lately. Knowing Browner is out there at CB has me licking my chops for big plays (or flags) against him. Brady's short throws scare the heck outta me but other than that we should be matchup well. Gronk is the best TE in football but we've shown we can absolutely smother other top TE's in the past in pretty much every big game we've had. Some NE trickery could play a factor here too, which is always scary. As much as I love PC, I still think Belichick brings more to the game than Carroll will in terms of creative ideas to win a game. You gotta think that Sea fans fear him a lot more than NE fans fear Pete. Expect a huge game out of Russell Wilson, he will not play like that again. Hawks 27 Pats 19

Boycie

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1bzg4rb1 said:
The interior of our line will decide the game. The center of the NE D is not good; even Wilfork is getting pushed around. If Seattle controls the tempo, and score points, LaFell and Edelmen are not good enough to score the difference. And they will have to. Expect Seattle to focus on Gronk, and let's remember what this team did to Graham twice last year.

KJ Wright got the assignment on Graham last year and rendered him useless. I expect he will do the same with Gonk.

Latest posts