How do Pats match up with us?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HeatEquation":28d8ywsq said:
Sgt. Largent":28d8ywsq said:
HeatEquation":28d8ywsq said:
12thManHawkFan":28d8ywsq said:
Interesting, the Pats didnt face a single RO team this year. They only faced one in 2013 and lost, Carolina. Lost to two in 2012 , Seattle and SF. So 0-4 against the RO, I wonder if they will be ready for it.

Good thing Belichick is good friends with Saban who had great success shutting down the read option in Alabama. I expect a lot of consulting between the two over the next couple of weeks. ;)

Hopefully Saban can really shed some light on the RO for Belicheat, cause the teams we play every year with far better defenses than the Pats can't stop Russell and Marshawn.

Dallas and SD managed to beat you this year with inferior defenses.

The Bills and Dolphins managed to beat your Pats with inferior offenses.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ne8kvcm said:
Dallas and SD managed to beat you this year with inferior defenses.

The Bills and Dolphins managed to beat your Pats with inferior offenses.

We had our starters out for most of the game against Buffalo, and we demolished Miami the second time we played them.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2t7qnbvj said:
Hasselbeck":2t7qnbvj said:
HeatEquation":2t7qnbvj said:
2hawk22":2t7qnbvj said:
We hear this every week and it never happens so move along troll.

Except you haven't faced an offense as versatile and as well coached as ours in the last 2 years.

Agreed. Not like they saw the best offense in NFL history or anything

Apparently you have no idea what versatile and well coached means.

Versatility - capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.

This offense can game plan against any opponent and can beat you in multiple ways. Does it have as much talent as last year's Denver Broncos? No. But talent alone will never win a championship anyways. This offense is playing far better than Denver's was playing last year in the playoffs, however. This is due to the many ways in which they can beat you and due to the coaching. Belichick has put on a coaching clinic since week 4 and is far superior in every aspect to Fox.

It's also a more physical offense than Denver's (who had a physically and mentally weak team overall last season.)
I can't remember who it was that Denver beat to get to 48. Wait a tic, it was the Pats who a mentally weak, physically weak, Fox coached team beat to go to the SB.

You kinda suck at this.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1s5bbuh0 said:
I can't remember who it was that Denver beat to get to 48. Wait a tic, it was the Pats who a mentally weak, physically weak, Fox coached team beat to go to the SB.

You kinda suck at this.

Denver beat a NE team who had their top players on both sides of the ball on IR and no Revis, Browner, or Lafell.

Try again.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3cgt6c58 said:
Scottemojo":3cgt6c58 said:

You kinda suck at this.

Denver beat a NE team who had their top players on both sides of the ball on IR and no Revis, Browner, or Lafell.

Try again.
I don't think I will. I am going to stick with you losing to a mentally weak physically weak team with a worse QB and I will add to that a QB with a history of choking. How the hell did you lose to such a wimpy team? Are your backups all tiny and slow? Did Bill get drunk? Shouldn't such a master genius coach be able to devise some plan to beat such an idiot as Fox?

Yeah, you still suck at this.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Scottemojo":4usoxxnk said:
HeatEquation":4usoxxnk said:
Scottemojo":4usoxxnk said:

You kinda suck at this.

Try again.
I don't think I will. I am going to stick with you losing to a mentally weak physically weak team with a worse QB and I will add to that a QB with a history of choking. How the hell did you lose to such a wimpy team? Are your backups all tiny and slow? Did Bill get drunk? Shouldn't such a master genius coach be able to devise some plan to beat such an idiot as Fox?

Take Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Bennett, Lynch and put them on IR. Let's see how your team fares under those circumstances.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1428o1sy said:
Scottemojo":1428o1sy said:

You kinda suck at this.

Um. I believe Scott is talking about LAST year -- not this one.

And speaking of injuries, that mentally weak, physically weak Broncos team that knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs last year were missing the following players at that point:

LB Von Miller (suspension)
C Dan Koppen (ruptured ACL -- season ending injury)
OT Ryan Clady (lisfranc injury -- season ending injury)
S Rahim Moore (leg injury -- missed the playoffs)
CB Chris Harris (torn ACL the week prior -- season ending injury)

Just saying ...

marko358

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2s1gsol4 said:
Scottemojo":2s1gsol4 said:
HeatEquation":2s1gsol4 said:
Scottemojo":2s1gsol4 said:

You kinda suck at this.

Try again.

Take Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Bennett, Lynch and put them on IR. Let's see how your team fares under those circumstances.

You're embarrassing yourself.

The funny thing is we have 18 guys on IR this season and will still win in 2 weeks.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1guw6g3i said:
HeatEquation":1guw6g3i said:
Scottemojo":1guw6g3i said:

You kinda suck at this.

And speaking of injuries, that mentally weak, physically weak Broncos team that knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs last year were missing the following players at that point:

Just saying ...

Yes, I know he was talking about last year.

Their Oline played well last year without Clady and sucked this year with him playing. So his absence was a non issue. Denver's injuries were on D, and their D was atrocious even with those players in the lineup. They had their record setting offense in tact however, and although they were soft, we didn't have the personnel on defense to take advantage of that because we had 2nd/3rd stringers playing. We were also missing key players on offense as well. Both sides of the ball decimated.

Also, Denver has never beaten us with Miller and Harris in the lineup. So I feel confident that if both teams were at full strength, we would have come out on top.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Excuses.
Loss in Seattle two years ago doesn't matter, according to this genius. But the only way to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl is to have a pass rush like the Giants did. More than 2 years ago. Way, way more than 2 years ago. So the way Seattle beat you doesn't matter, but the way the Giants did does?

You still suck at this.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Scottemojo":pg15p1vc said:
Excuses.
Loss in Seattle two years ago doesn't matter, according to this genius. But the only way to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl is to have a pass rush like the Giants did. More than 2 years ago. Way, way more than 2 years ago. So the way Seattle beat you doesn't matter, but the way the Giants did does?

You still suck at this.

Lot's of teams have beaten us in the regular season, kiddo. Only 1 has beaten us in the SB, and only a handful have beaten us in the playoffs. The vast majority of those losses have been to teams who could get pressure up the middle.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1e22vrn3 said:
Hawkscanner":1e22vrn3 said:
HeatEquation":1e22vrn3 said:
Scottemojo":1e22vrn3 said:

You kinda suck at this.

Just saying ...

Yes, I know he was talking about last year.

Their Oline played well last year without Clady and sucked this year with him playing. So his absence was a non issue. Denver's injuries were on D, and their D was atrocious even with those players in the lineup. They had their record setting offense in tact however, and although they were soft, we didn't have the personnel on defense to take advantage of that because we had 2nd/3rd stringers playing. We were also missing key players on offense as well. Both sides of the ball decimated.

Also, Denver has never beaten us with Miller and Harris in the lineup. So I feel confident that if both teams were at full strength, we would have come out on top.

I certainly hope that we're not going to use the injury excuse. As marko358 said above, the Seahawks have suffered a ton of injuries/losses this season. Here's just a few of note ...

DE Cassius Marsh
OT Michael Bowie
TE Anthony McCoy
WR Percy Harvin (traded)
TE Zach Miller
FB Derrick Coleman
DT Jesse Williams
DT Brandon Mebane
DT Jordan Hill
WR Paul Richardson

And yet here we are -- back in the SB again. You won't hear Pete Carroll, any of the Seahawks, nor the majority of the posters on this board making excuses. Next man up.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Who's going to cover Gronk? I see a possible weakness there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SeaChase":2fjvz70q said:

Kam. Maybe even Sherman if Gronk splits out wide

Next question

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
SeaChase":32wai042 said:

Actually, Seattle does have the personnel to match up there. K.J. Wright has the athleticism to match up against him as does Kam Chancellor. I would surmise that the two of them will pretty much draw that assignment. Is Gronk going to get his catches? Sure he will. But Seattle's LB's and Chancellor I believe will be able to minimize the damage. If you haven't already noticed, Seattle's LBs have quite a bit of speed to burn and are as fast as a lot of CB's out there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3b1cekmq said:
Scottemojo":3b1cekmq said:
Excuses.

You still suck at this.

Lot's of teams have beaten us in the regular season, kiddo. Only 1 has beaten us in the SB, and only a handful have beaten us in the playoffs. The vast majority of those losses have been to teams who could get pressure up the middle.

OK. I understand now. You become immune to regular season woes as soon as the playoffs start, unless playing the Broncos without your new free agents and injured players. Thank you, I almost made the mistake of watching regular season games to see where the Patriots were really good and where they can be beat, all I needed to really do was watch old Super Bowls and playoff losses.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Could you imagine if this clown was trolling a Niner board? He'd be going on about 10 year old victories and they'd be chanting Five Golden Rings.