How Confident Are You That We Will Win The SB?

How Confident Are You That We Will Win The SB?

• Extremely confident. I guarantee we win it all!

Votes: 55 18.1%
  • Pretty confident. I think there's a very good chance we win.

Votes: 178 58.6%
  • Fairly confident. Depends on several factors.

Votes: 65 21.4%
  • Not that confident. Manning may end our magic season.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Not confident at all. We have no chance. (Hi I am a _____ fan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I find myself looking back at SB teams that had high-powered passing offenses. San Fran in '89, but they had a great defense to match, plus their running game was no slouch.

Patriots, of course, but again, that was a pretty good defense on those SB winning teams. When they faced a real defense in the Giants, ka-pow.

I don't know, I lean toward a game kind of like the NFCCC but with defense winning strong.

I find it funny that those who watched the games yesterday think that the Broncos will be this dominant offensive juggernaut. Consider:

Broncos and Seahawks are the number 1 teams in their respective conferences, facing at home the second best teams. Broncos scored a whopping three more points than the Seahawks did, and held their opponent to a whopping one point less than the Hawks did. Not much difference there if you ask me.

"Mighty" Peyton and that "crazy-good" wide receiving score managed only two touchdowns. Not exactly the juggernaut Denver fans are hoping for, methinks. It was only because they jumped out early that the game never really felt in doubt.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I'm in the very confident category. The Donkeys have a prolific set of wr' s and a running game as consistent as a mental patient off their meds. Their strength matches our biggest strength. Overall, our D is superior our running game a lot better. Denver's offense is predicated on Manning passing the ball and, regardless of how quick his release is, puts the pass at risk for the pick vs this secondary. I think we get a ball control style tempo going, thus limiting the numbers of possessions Peyton has the football, and Russ does enough without making a mistake to win. Another aspect is special teams Holliday needs to be contained by Lane, Farwell and Lockette so he doesn't have a repeat of his game against the Ravens last year. I think they contain him and they win.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Very confident. There's a chance Payton Manning has a very good game, but I think the chances are 1 in 10 compared to how likely he is to throw a bad pick or two. Their strengths match up with Seattle's, but their weaknesses match up against Seattle's strength. If Ryan Mathews can run for 127 yards on them, what's going to happen against the Beast?

Nog

Reaction score
I'm not highly confident because the odds goes in favor to the America's team. I mean the one that the entire country desires the most to win. That's exactly how we got screwed back in 2006.

However, if I have to compare our rosters to Denver we have more depth than they do. We sure do have a better running game, defense overall and special team.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'm fairly confident. Manning is a game changer, but he's prone to off games and I think the LOB can disrupt the rhythm he and his receivers rely so much on. Our pass rush may rattle Manning a bit, but we probably won't hit him much (if at all).

As for the run game, I don't expect Denver to be able to run on us much at all. Of course, with all that said, Denver is the best offense in the league, and all of our D guys are going to need to play to the level they've established all season (and especially in these last several weeks) to keep them in check. Denver hasn't faced a defense like ours yet.

The X factor in my view is our offensive line. Can they do enough to give Wilson time to exploit the Denver secondary?

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Lady Talon":1my06t1t said:
Expecting XL worthy flags(...)

This is the only reason why I'm not totally confident. Manning will not beat us- we would have to beat us, or get into a position where the refs can do that to us.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Pretty confident, we have the best defense, and an improving offense, will have PH back... I like our chances!!!

side note: hey you zebras keep those hankies in your pants or toss them equally, got it?!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":26xj2jd6 said:
I'd be shocked if they sack Peyton more than 3 times .. thats not a knock on the pass rush, mainly just a hat tip to just how amazing Peyton is at letting a pass go quickly.

That said.. I do think he throws a couple of picks... he was throwing some DUCKS yesterday and that was in absolute perfect weather. What is he going to do in swirling 20 MPH winds with a near 0 degree wind chill?
Agree with you on both accounts though it may be only one pick as he will check down a LOT. But yeah, not that many sacks because he is a master at getting rid of the ball quickly. Kearly said it months ago that our team's defense forces QBs to check down constantly and he's right. The key to winning this game IMO is for that to continue and then tackle VERY well to keep the YAC at a minimum. This is how we beat N.O. both times this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Very confident. Not guaranteeing anything, but that's because I felt so good about XL.

Manning has a better story than really anyone on our team, so I can see this going against us again.

We have two weeks before the game. Historically, elite defenses neutralize elite offenses in the SB, I theorize due to the longer prep period.

Thing is, Manning can prepare all he wants for us....we don't do anything trick. THere's no smoke and mirrors to our defense, it's lining up and making your guys beat our guys, which top to bottom is very hard. Then, our offense matches up against their defense very well. Someone mentioned that Denver has a top 10 rushing defense. I'd like to see that matchup; I still think we run it on them, and their secondary won't stop our guys.

Then you get the weather elements. That right there adds up to destiny for us. If the weather is horrible, it's ours.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'M AT A 8 ON THE CONFIDENCE SCALE!

The%20Ultimate%20Warrior%202.gif

Just like the last game, I'm calm and collected. There's no reason why Seattle can't take home the crown this year. They'll get 60 minutes to prove they're the better team, and I think they do so in a very impressive manner.

I cannot stand Manning or the Broncos. I respect what they've done this season, but I also think they're too banged up to make it past this years 'hawks team. Just like in 2009 when Manning lost to NOLA because that team was destined to win, he will face similar issues. This team is too close and too hungry to be denied one more victory.

The%20Ultimate%20Warrior%20head%20bang.gif

GO HAWKS.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I am confident that our team can do it because Denver has not played a defense like ours all season.

BUT

I lose confidence because it's not like our team has played a high powered offense like Denver either. Well I guess you could count the Saints but I still think Denver is on another level. Just like I think our defense is on another level compared to KC (which was supposedly the Bronco's biggest offense vs defense test).

I definitely do have more confidence now that our passing (and running game) stepped up this last game combine that with PH and I feel much much better about it. Especially since teams have very little tape with PH on it playing for the Hawks, so that will benefit us.

It's anybody's game right now, and that's just giving credit to how good these two teams are.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm an eight. If this is a straight-up game with no weird reffing or injuries or other craziness, we should win. But, Manning is pretty awesome and you can't count him completely out.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":bwf9l4qu said:
The only thing that can stop us is the Refs.
This^. But I will say that we have beat the refs and other team several times this year. To me, it will be very obvious in the first drive what type of game we will be playing. DO NOT WANT ANOTHER 40 I WOULD LOSE MY SANITY!!!

Jbo

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident.... I admit I've done a lot of doom and gloom posting lately but..... I feel the second half of the nfccg breathed new life into the offense and proved to themselves that they WILL make the big plays when they need to. With our d, the secondary, lynch, Russ returning back to his original form and harvin back..... Look out world there is a new champion in town and hopefully a new dynasty !!!!!!! Go hawks

Laloosh

Reaction score
Papa-pwn":1nf91xs9 said:
I'm very confident that the Broncos will win.

Well, someone was bound to be. Do free meds come with that condition?

Latest posts