How Confident Are You That We Will Win The SB?

How Confident Are You That We Will Win The SB?

• Extremely confident. I guarantee we win it all!

Votes: 55 18.1%
  • Pretty confident. I think there's a very good chance we win.

Votes: 178 58.6%
  • Fairly confident. Depends on several factors.

Votes: 65 21.4%
  • Not that confident. Manning may end our magic season.

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Not confident at all. We have no chance. (Hi I am a _____ fan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if they sack Peyton more than 3 times .. thats not a knock on the pass rush, mainly just a hat tip to just how amazing Peyton is at letting a pass go quickly.

That said.. I do think he throws a couple of picks... he was throwing some DUCKS yesterday and that was in absolute perfect weather. What is he going to do in swirling 20 MPH winds with a near 0 degree wind chill?

BWRyan

Reaction score
I picked fairly confident.

But this game is weird, b/c right now the NFC and AFC are so vastly different. It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks blow the Broncos out, b/c we don't know what DEN will do against a real defense. They could crumple up and die! Or, they could make enough plays that our offense can't keep up, and lose, like, 24-21 or something.

I think there's no chance we get blown out.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Depends. How much hurry up did they actually do this year?

Think that will be our Achilles since we won't be able to substitute as much.

calinator

Reaction score
I have my worries but I keep telling myself if the Giants can beat the 18-0 Patriots anything is possible. The cold wet weather is definitely a plus and makes me feel more confident but I think Denver will have some success on the ground if Peyton struggles. Seahawks should be able to run the ball well and keeping that up and Peyton on the sidelines is so damn important.

To sum it up I believe this game is all on the shoulders of Wilson, if he plays great we win if he plays bad we lose. That sounds obvious but against that offense he MUST have a great game unless the defense starts scoring somehow, he can't struggle like he has(mightily) the last half of this season. What I noticed last year and early this year is they would use gadget plays and with a pretty high rate of success, open it up and be more explosive. I fear the game manager style offense isn't gonna be enough but with Harvin back hopefully that changes things.

Sorry for the negativity guys I still voted fairly confident. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I'm a 9er fan, but I'm pretty confident because the Hawks are simply a better team, and the best team in the league this year.

The only two things that keep me from guaranteeing it are:

1) simple and boring: the NFL is really unpredictable.

2) the Broncs beat the Chiefs twice. The chiefs are the closest thing the AFC had to a team built like the Hawks/9ers/Panthers, and the Broncs did better against them than I think many were expecting. The Hawks >>> Chiefs obviously, but my takeaway from those games was that the Broncs won't just lay down if you hit them in the mouth (which I wouldn't have been too sure about otherwise).

Riley12

Reaction score
I'm more confident about the upcoming game than I was for the Saints and Niners.

The Niners are undoubtedly the second best team in the league, with the Saints probably in the top 5.

Of course, I will be nervous as the game approaches but I am allowing myself to celebrate the REAL championship this week.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm confident, however I hope we have a lot of 12's in the stadium.... That really helps... It's going to be a slug fest of a game, and I believe the Hawks are going to go the distance and bring home the victory!!! GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

Wartooth

Reaction score
Extremely Confident!
I haven't been impressed with any team from the AFC, they are what the Hawks 'used' to be...Soft.
The Hawks are built for speed, set the tempo, smack you in the damned mouth!
Let them try that pic crap with our guys, see who leaves the game!
Manning is the master of the 'wounded duck' pass, he lofts up a few of those, and our defense scores!
Their defense is average, 19th in total defense, 27th Passing, 7th against the run...Well, the Chargers put 177 rushing on them a month ago!
They can't defend running QB's, their best pass rusher Shaun Phillips has had only 3 sacks in the last 5 games!
Their defense had 17 ints. total, and scored 14 points the whole season!
It is laughable the people who think that these upstart Seahawks have 'no chance' against the stat master Manning!
I am haunted however by SB40, and am hoping that Peyton doesn't announce his retirement this week, and we find out he was 'born' in New York!
GO HAWKS!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Extremely. I have seen all their games. We got this, we are Denver's worst possible opponent believe it. New England would have been trouble possibly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":mg8vr831 said:
I'm a 9er fan, but I'm pretty confident because the Hawks are simply a better team, and the best team in the league this year.

2) the Broncs beat the Chiefs twice. The chiefs are the closest thing the AFC had to a team built like the Hawks/9ers/Panthers, and the Broncs did better against them than I think many were expecting. The Hawks >>> Chiefs obviously, but my takeaway from those games was that the Broncs won't just lay down if you hit them in the mouth (which I wouldn't have been too sure about otherwise).
Kansas City lost Hali and Houston on nearly back to back plays. With them they were getting to Peyton without them it was New England. By the way Kansas City is in NO WAY like the Seahawks because they have NO depth, none. Kansas City is not a physical team they are classic Andy Reid which is pure west coast offense with a flashy finesse defense.

bellingerga

Reaction score
100% sure. There's no way that a team with this much character, and this much hunger to be great loses in this moment. I was worried about the NFCCG, but not the superbowl. We win.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36ysx7un said:

Kansas City lost Hali and Houston on nearly back to back plays. With them they were getting to Peyton without them it was New England. By the way Kansas City is in NO WAY like the Seahawks because they have NO depth, none.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I think if we can shut down Drew Brees we can somewhat replicate a similar effect on Peyton Manning. Of course he's super elite but he's still human. I'm not over confident, i'm just saying we can neutralize him to some degree. Russell will need to really bring his A game and Percy may help. However I am still going to call that Baldwin is MVP. Go Hawks!!!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
The Seahawks unlike the Broncos have been battle tested. We have had several games where we had to make clutch plays, play with a ton of pressure and came through almost every single time. I would also say the AFC was pretty weak this year compared to the AFC. How would you rank the top 5 teams in the nfl

I have to believe you go
1. Seahawks
2. Broncos
3. 49ers
4. Panthers
5. Saints

I dont think Indy, KC, or NE were better all around teams than the 49ers, Panthers, Saints or us. We had to go through 2 of those teams to get to the superbowl and for the whole season, including playoffs, we have had to play the Panthers once, Saints twice, 49ers 3 times, and the Colts. I think this team is definately battle tested and has played alot of games against some really good teams.

To add to that we played 6 divison games against brutal defenses and front 7's. I dont think Denvers D is better than the 49ers, Cards or Rams.

Penman96

Reaction score
I'm very confident. I think the Seahawks handle Manning similar to how they handled Brees, only Manning is less mobile. He will be getting that ball out very quick unless he wants a few good shots. I can see him calling lots of check-downs, and us getting in his face while we jam his targets. His audibles won't help - he doesn't need to get the Seahawks D to show their hand, they aren't going to do anything exotic. They are just going to punch them in the month.

On the other side of the ball, I believe Beast-mode is going to be in full effect, and Harvin will make some plays too. By the 4th quarter the Seahawks will be in total control.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think think the NFL cares more about Manning than they did Bettis.
Seahawks must dominate.
I am 99.99999 % positive the Hawks CAN beat the Broncos. WILL they win? Idk.
GoHawks.