Houston is only 2 hours ahead of us

The Radish

Reaction score
Just got to thinking,,,I talk to friends in the Dallas area often and that was only 2 hours ahead of us so got to thinking about Houston.

And Houston is only 2 hours ahead of us. So that should make things a bit easier.

:les:

themunn

Reaction score
it doesn't change the time the game starts at

DaveyP

Reaction score
I thought about the exact same thing this morning (in the shower, yuck!), and I realized it doesn't matter.

It's still a 10AM PST start, regardless of what time it is in Houston.

And the Texans are used to playing at that time, as they do it for every home game. The Seahawks aren't.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
The point I'm trying to make is actually for us the game time is 11am rather than 10.

Unless they have pushed the time ahead an hour for the actual start at Houston, which would get us back to the 3 hour difference.

If they do that, is it the same at St. Louis? Because they also are only 2 hours ahead of us in real time.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
DaveyP":1pb82pue said:
I thought about the exact same thing this morning (in the shower, yuck!), and I realized it doesn't matter.

It's still a 10AM PST start, regardless of what time it is in Houston.

And the Texans are used to playing at that time, as they do it for every home game. The Seahawks aren't.

Well it does kind of matter... because people always say that the east coast teams have a 3 hour advantage on us. Texans only have a 2 hour "advantage" on us. To us it feels like the game starts at 10 am, and to them it starts at 12 pm

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
The Radish":4puovd8w said:
The point I'm trying to make is actually for us the game time is 11am rather than 10.

Unless they have pushed the time ahead an hour for the actual start at Houston, which would get us back to the 3 hour difference.

If they do that, is it the same at St. Louis? Because they also are only 2 hours ahead of us in real time.

Actually go to NFL.com. The game still starts at 1 pm east coast time

dukestar

Reaction score
The game starts at 10am Pacific which is noon Houston time if they are 2 hours ahead of Pacific. You'll miss the 1st hour if you turn the game on at 11.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Radish":28uvs3g9 said:

If you start watching the game at 11:00 AM, you will miss the first quarter and half of the second. Pregame begins at 8:00 AM here, and the game starts at 10:00. The time zone has no bearing on the start time of the game. The only difference is that it is a 12:00 Noon start for Houston.

Edit: looks like I was late to that horse-beating party.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Seahawks practice starts at 10:00 am PST time, so in the end that should help.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Because of the way the schedule is set up and the kick off times are set, I'm pretty sure any game towards back east or the early game is 10:00 AM PT and 1:00 PM PT... So, therefore it doesn't matter... Still a 10:00 AM PT time Kick off... 11:00 AM MT in Boise... I checked...It all has to do with National TV coverage...

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Please pardon when I'm saying us I meant the team. I never said I was going to watch the game an hour later. Some of you people are entirely to literal and/or have to much time on your hands to find fault with anyone elses statement without asking. sigh

So I'm guessing they are actually starting the game at Houston an hour later than a normal home game for them so its still basically a 10am start for THE TEAM!

There did I expain/ask in the correct way to satisfy all you perfectionists?

:roll:

A

Anonymous

No matter how you slice it, it's still what's know in the football world as: "The Early Game".

When we moved down here in 1999, I had the hardest time getting used to this strange dynamic. We are close enough to the east coast that everything advertised on TV to start at x-time, is always on an hour earlier. That means we end up getting to watch the live shows "live" when y'all get them tape-delayed.

Even stranger; what used to be the 11:00pm local news is 10:00pm here, Leno starts at 10:40pm, and we get Jimmy Fallon at 11:30pm. Saturday Night Live? 10:30pm.

FTMP, everybody gets up earlier to start work here and quitting time is usually earlier too. If they are doing any construction in your neighborhood, you can expect to wake up to air-powered nail guns at 5:00am and those crews are long gone by 3:00 in the afternoon. Something to do with the heat, I believe...

DTexHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":22g2tx4y said:
Please pardon when I'm saying us I meant the team. I never said I was going to watch the game an hour later. Some of you people are entirely to literal and/or have to much time on your hands to find fault with anyone elses statement without asking. sigh

So I'm guessing they are actually starting the game at Houston an hour later than a normal home game for them so its still basically a 10am start for THE TEAM!

So much confusion, so little time. Houston is not starting the game an hour later than normal.

1:00PM EST = 12:00PM CST = 11:00AM MST = 10:00AM PST

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-usa12.php

DTexHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":1qheq1rn said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The Radish":2jgg28jg said:
Still don't understand your logic...Houston is starting at their normal local time of 12:00.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Les. Did you really start another thread about what time the game starts? Or am I still asleep and dreaming. Somebody pinch me or kick me in the head. I either need to wake up or really STAY asleep.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The Radish":16rr7p07 said:

You may want to sit the next few threads out. If for no other reason than to get a handle on your wording again. :179419:

The difference is in the travel. The Seahawks won't be traveling quite as far (about 400 miles less each way than the trip to Charlotte), which is nice, but they still have to deal with the "early game" body clock issues.

hawker84

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying Radish, as far as the players body clock's are concerned there's only actually a 2 hr time zone difference as opposed to a 3hr if the team was playing on the east coast. The team is traveling tomorrow, so they'll have a day to acclimate.

Either way i'll be sitting in front of my tv come 10am washington state time..

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The time doesn't matter. The problem for this game is the O Line. I hope Russ doesn't get destroyed this weekend.

Latest posts