Horrible spot on the 2nd play of the third drive of the game

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Compare where Marshawn is at the end of second down (top pic) with where the ball is spotted at the beginning of third down (bottom pic). This is on the drive that ended with the failed fourth down qb sneak. Just a terrible job of spotting the ball.

Marshawnballspotting zps4211c0a1

Spokanefan

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that play....I was screaming at the TV in true Bud Lite "Ramsey" fashion. Of course, the announcer's were completely asleep at the wheel when it probably was a first down.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
While it might seem like Hawks fans are domestically abused by bad referee calls, the fact is these things happen in all games.

Good teams make these kinds of errors not even worthy of a footnote. We can't keep crying foul at every single instance where a mistake doesn't go our way.

We are typically quick to forget or applaud the cases where we are the beneficiaries of these calls. We simply can't have it both ways. And continuing to climb up on the martyr's cross at every transgression just feeds the reputation of being whiny fans. We should take the lead from the team and just ignore the noise.

Johnny

Reaction score
Bad spot or not, The play call after that was even worse.... I saw that QB sneak from my living room and couldn't believe my eyes
when they lined up for it and to top it off Wilson waited to long to snap the ball he gave the defense time to see what was coming
and if you give an NFL defense that much time to diagnose what you are trying to do they will stop you just like the Cards did on
that 4th & short....

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yup. I was screaming that they should challenge that BS spot on Marshawn's run. That 4th down play let AZ back in the game

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Johnny":bwib3nrq said:
Bad spot or not, The play call after that was even worse.... I saw that QB sneak from my living room and couldn't believe my eyes
when they lined up for it and to top it off Wilson waited to long to snap the ball he gave the defense time to see what was coming
and if you give an NFL defense that much time to diagnose what you are trying to do they will stop you just like the Cards did on
that 4th & short....

That's 2nd down. 3rd down they did the same Marshawn Lynch rush. Not a QB sneak.

I agree play call was bad. Up by 14 points, Should had punted and let them do a 85+yard scoring drive.

Is RW 0-2 on QB sneak?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1viyomck said:
While it might seem like Hawks fans are domestically abused by bad referee calls, the fact is these things happen in all games.

Good teams make these kinds of errors not even worthy of a footnote. We can't keep crying foul at every single instance where a mistake doesn't go our way.

We are typically quick to forget or applaud the cases where we are the beneficiaries of these calls. We simply can't have it both ways. And continuing to climb up on the martyr's cross at every transgression just feeds the reputation of being whiny fans. We should take the lead from the team and just ignore the noise.
Thanks Roger Goodell, now back to your job......

OP
OP
P

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Johnny":1qgk752m said:
that 4th & short....

They called a Lynch run on 2nd and 1 and third and 1 and couldn't get the first. Hard to blame the coaches for trying something else.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Seahawks got a bad spot.

The Cardinals got a non-call on an insanely blatant PI call on Floyd by Thomas.

I'll take the bad spot over the PI.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Yes there were bad calls as always like the PI, face masks uncalled on both sides, and bad spots but the difference for me is at least they were consistant and fairly even in this game.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Carmon1274":1zufmws2 said:
Johnny":1zufmws2 said:
that 4th & short....

That's 2nd down. 3rd down they did the same Marshawn Lynch rush. Not a QB sneak.

I agree play call was bad. Up by 14 points, Should had punted and let them do a 85+yard scoring drive.

Is RW 0-2 on QB sneak?

I have no issue with the decision to go for it (Keep foot on gas) my issue is we didn't convert. IIRC they still didn't score a touchdown from it.