Hope for next year.

u0087966

Reaction score
Lots of rookies did well this year...hopefully the off-season is good for the Hawks. Nice season considering everything.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Overachieved on many levels rookies got massive experience this year, looking good in the draft, and if we hit right skies the limit. This season was a success people enjoy the fact that it was.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Overachieved on many levels rookies got massive experience this year, looking good in the draft, and if we hit right skies the limit. This season was a success people enjoy the fact that it was.
If they do half as well this offseason as they did last, we should be in better playoff shape.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No hope. We wanted Ken Norton gone. We got it.
Somehow we got someone worse. Maybe the worst ever of any team in the modern NFL.

Until we remove Pete's ability to make decisions regarding the defense, we don't have any hope.
Can you even COMPREHEND what a DC worse than Hurtt would look like?>?
I can't.
But I know that if we remove Hurtt and get someone else Pete wants...we will be much worse. (Even though that mathematically barely seems possible.)

And if we don't remove Hurtt, then we won't have any hope either.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Somehow we got someone worse. Maybe the worst ever of any team in the modern NFL.

Until we remove Pete's ability to make decisions regarding the defense, we don't have any hope.
I can't.
But I know that if we remove Hurtt and get someone else Pete wants...we will be much worse. (Even though that mathematically barely seems possible.)

Perfect.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score

I can't.

Honestly this is where I'm at. 4 years in a row? if the defense isn't markedly better next year Pete needs to go. Youn can't field a defense this bad every year and have any hope of being anything but speed a bump. You're just wasting everyone's time.

getnasty

Reaction score

I can't.

It's more about having the Jimmy and Joes then the X and O's. The defense lacked talent to begin with, then you lose the only playmaker on the first game of the year that hurts.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure I agree getnasty.
I've watched much worse rosters on other teams not be this bad.
It is absolutely the scheme and tactics more than the players. These are average players. But they are not the worst roster of all time.
The results are the worst of all time, in terms of run defense.
That is on the staff more than the players.

getnasty

Reaction score
It is not.
I've watched much worse rosters on other teams not be this bad.
It is absolutely the scheme and tactics more than the players. These are average players. But they are not the worst roster of all time.
The results are the worst of all time, in terms of run defense.
That is on the staff more than the players.
What rosters are you reffering too? Let's not act like we underachieved this year.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Its never Ok to lose to the Niners. But its still a positive season. And the best part is the fact that the rookies got postseason experience.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
It is mind blowing how this team just can’t get a decent defense. After all the years of drafting and FA Pete and John still can’t draft hood players on the defensive side. Up until this past year we drafted pretty bad since 2012. Just hope whoever helped them pick the 2022 draft still works for them.