Honest Predictions for Seattle @ Washington

SkinsGuru

Reaction score

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
Starrman44":kxr7xy08 said:
Still, since we are passing around stats this morning, you both predicted you would score twice more than what our D allows on average.

I thought the point of Defense was not to allow the offense to score points. Seems like folks don't care about that stat...

fair enough . . . but the Skins score 28 per game . . . even with an unhealthy RGIII . . . we will see soon enough!! Go Redskins!!

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":gb9b7i1y said:
III":gb9b7i1y said:
Fact: Seattle's D is 27th in the NFL in stopping the run @ 4.5 YPC. Washington is best in the league (by far) running at home @ 5.7 YPC. This particular match-up is in our favor.

Fact: This statement is totally incorrect.

you're right . . . Seattle is 24th, not 27th . . . much better

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Skins Guru is trying too hard to overcome his obvious concern for the safety and well-being of his team.

camdawg

Reaction score
drastik":1lc4n5pv said:
Twisted":1lc4n5pv said:
lets not forget the best rushing game in the NFL vs a mediocre schedule, bet the skinnies could rack up some yards against the Cougars as well... ;) lol
Redskins have played 9 games in 2012 against teams .500 or better

Seahawks have played 7 games in 2012 against teams .500 or better

Schedules seem pretty even...

Thats not including, obviously, the Saints who are a pretty decent team considering their record.

Number of games the Seahawks have played against teams who won 11 or more games: 4 (Pats, Packers, 49ers x 2)

Number of games the Redskins have played against teams who win 11 or more games: 1 (Falcons)

You guys just did not face the NFL's elite this year. We did.

If you want to make it games each team played against ten win teams, your total jumps up to four (includes Bengals, Vikes, Ravens), our number goes up to six (Vikes, Bears).

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I find it interesting that all these Redskins fans glom on to these statistics, without regard to the fact that what happens later in the season is far more relevant now than what happened early in the season.

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2gfb4i2e said:
Skins Guru is trying too hard to overcome his obvious concern for the safety and well-being of his team.

:) . . . i just hope the hawks team is as over confident as all of you guys are . . .

so will it be ok for me to come here after the game and post a pic of the scoreboard??

OP
OP
III

III

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":pp2yftof said:
III":pp2yftof said:
Fact: Seattle's D is 27th in the NFL in stopping the run @ 4.5 YPC. Washington is best in the league (by far) running at home @ 5.7 YPC. This particular match-up is in our favor.

Fact: Your reply post is unsupported and incorrect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/team ... _1:col_2=5 shows the 27th ranked 4.5 YPC of the Seattle defense. Click on AVG at the top of that column.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_/na ... n-redskins shows the top ranked at-home 5.7 YPC of the Redskin offense. To see it's ranked 1st you have to check every team. Minnesota is next at 5.2.

:les:

III

drastik

Reaction score
camdawg":2zdofsmg said:
drastik":2zdofsmg said:
Twisted":2zdofsmg said:
lets not forget the best rushing game in the NFL vs a mediocre schedule, bet the skinnies could rack up some yards against the Cougars as well... ;) lol
Redskins have played 9 games in 2012 against teams .500 or better

Seahawks have played 7 games in 2012 against teams .500 or better

Schedules seem pretty even...

Thats not including, obviously, the Saints who are a pretty decent team considering their record.

Number of games the Seahawks have played against teams who won 11 or more games: 4 (Pats, Packers, 49ers x 2)

Number of games the Redskins have played against teams who win 11 or more games: 1 (Falcons)

You guys just did not face the NFL's elite this year. We did.

If you want to make it games each team played against ten win teams, your total jumps up to four (includes Bengals, Vikes, Ravens), our number goes up to six (Vikes, Bears).
Seahawks definitely played more top tier teams. The Redskins had a pretty solid schedule, though.

The only teams who had less than 7 wins that the Redskins played all season were the Browns and Eagles.

I'd say playing 13 games against teams with atleast 7 wins is a pretty competitive schedule.

Sadly neither of our teams were able to play 10 games against losing teams, like Mr. Luck in Indianapolis did.

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
III":1xy7rj2z said:
SmokinHawk":1xy7rj2z said:
III":1xy7rj2z said:

Fact: Your reply post is unsupported and incorrect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/team ... _1:col_2=5 shows the 27th ranked 4.5 YPC of the Seattle defense. Click on AVG at the top of that column.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_/na ... n-redskins shows the top ranked at-home 5.7 YPC of the Redskin offense. To see it's ranked 1st you have to check every team. Minnesota is next at 5.2.

:les:

III

as far as the hawks run defense (yard per carry against) they are actually tied with Detroit, Kansas City, Green Bay and Dallas for 23rd @ 4.5 . . . thats even after the Redksins put up almost 300 against Dallas last week . . .

MOCHawk

Reaction score
Whichever stats you wish to cherry pick to justify your hope do not deter my insistence that the Seahawks will win by AT LEAST 10 points. I will be disappointed with anything less. We have made far superior teams than the Redskins look silly. They will have to play nearly a perfect game and the Seahawks very flat to keep it close.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
SkinsGuru":zkix2nxp said:
Grahamhawker":zkix2nxp said:

:) . . . i just hope the hawks team is as over confident as all of you guys are . . .

so will it be ok for me to come here after the game and post a pic of the scoreboard??

That goes both ways, bro! Obviously the blue/lime green goggles are in effect, but so are the maroon ones.
Seriously, to appreciate what the Seattle D is capable of, you really need to have watched this season's games. If they show up (and I see the concerns there), they are capable of ruining any offense in the NFL.

I predicted a close one, and I respect the Skins greatly for what they have accomplished this year. Stickin' with Hawks 30- Skins 27.

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
MOCHawk":1zgnsome said:
Whichever stats you wish to cherry pick to justify your hope do not deter my insistence that the Seahawks will win by AT LEAST 10 points. I will be disappointed with anything less. We have made far superior teams than the Redskins look silly. They will have to play nearly a perfect game and the Seahawks very flat to keep it close.

only the stats that directly relate to how the Redskins play . . . those ARE important stats to look at . . .

Largent80

Reaction score
You left out special teams.

Yours, not so good.

Ours?....We have Leon Washington, who is a threat to score each time he catches a K.O.

drastik

Reaction score
Largent80":1glnrl8v said:
You left out special teams.

Yours, not so good.

Ours?....We have Leon Washington, who is a threat to score each time he catches a K.O.
The Redskins coverage teams are actually very good. They have not allowed a return for a score all season. Lorenzo Alexander (#97) made the pro-bowl for his special teams coverage play. He's all over the field on special teams and makes the majority of the tackles on kickoffs and punts.

I think the Redskins units rank so low because they stuck with Brandon Banks for so long. He was absolutely dreadful as a returner. Since they've put Niles Paul and Richard Crawford as the primary KR and PR guys over the past few games, the numbers have improved.

knownone

Reaction score
Sorry Skins fans. Reality will be coming home soon. This game will not be close.

kmedic

Reaction score
I've said it all week, there is one weak aspect of our defense that can't be overlooked.
The ability to stop opposing offenses on the road with the game on the line. There is no stat for this, you have to have been watching every game the Hawks played this season to understand. If the Skins and RGIII have the ball, down 6 or less points with less than 2 minutes, we're in trouble.

The key will be for the Hawks to put this game away early in the 4th quarter and run out the clock.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Football Outsiders, by far the best source for statistical rankings:

Seahawks Offense:
Rushing 1st
Passing 4th
vs.
Redskins Defense:
Against Rush 22nd
Against Pass 14th

Redskins Offense:
Rushing 2nd
Passing 6th
vs.
Seahawks Defense:
Against Rush 12th
Against Pass 3rd

Special Teams:
Seahawks 3rd
Redskins 27th

Seattle should be able to move the ball at or above how they normally are able. Special teams may score or at least give them a consistent edge in field position. They will score 28-31 points.

Washington will be able to run to some extent. Garcon will not be as much of a factor as he normally is. Washington will not be able to move the ball as well as they normally are able. A hobbled RGIII and playing by far the best D they have faced all year. They will score 13-17 points.

For comparison, the 49ers are ranked almost exactly as Washington is offensively. They are 3rd rushing and 5th passing. Seattle held them to 13 points each time. And they had a healthy QB.

Knoxioushawk

Reaction score
If the Skins and RGIII have the ball, down 6 or less points with less than 2 minutes, we're in trouble.

Then we need to blow them out.

As for my "HONEST" prediction i hope the skins cleaned out their lockers,cuz they will be watching the rest of the playoffs at home.

Seahawks win 38-10

Latest posts