Honest Predictions for Seattle @ Washington

hawker84

Reaction score
any time you have a talent like bob griffin under center, that team will be competitive... i feel our d is the key to this game.. i can't see them being completely pumped for this game, if that's the case, hawks 24 skins 17

drastik

Reaction score
I don't know how football outsiders comes up with their rankings.

As a Redskin fan, I have no idea how anyone would rate them 6th in passing. I'm guessing they factor in things such as completion percentage and TD/INT ratio... because the Redskins only throw the ball like 35 - 40% of the time.

drdiags

Reaction score
No score to give but I could see this game coming down to the final drive and if it is the Skins, I would be lying if I said I had 100% confidence that the DC will dial up the correct defense to stop a career defining drive for RGIII. I also have confidence that Russell Wilson has the chops to put the team in a position late to win by putting together a drive to take the lead.

It is just that I know how vanilla the Seahawks defense can go when trying to hold a lead late on the road.

Now as a homer, I hope it never has to get to that point but if it does, anxiety at the old Doc's house.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I'm seeing 'Hawks 24-16 or 27-23, can't quite get a solid read on my crystal ball.

That said, I'm still nervous as a three-peckered billy goat, whatever that means.

Knoxioushawk

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":3siuxzar said:
I'm seeing 'Hawks 24-16 or 27-23, can't quite get a solid read on my crystal ball.

That said, I'm still nervous as a three-peckered billy goat, whatever that means.

I know what you mean,the contact in my third needs to be changed and my chakra needs to be adjusted.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
drastik":3j4hu3dz said:
I don't know how football outsiders comes up with their rankings.

As a Redskin fan, I have no idea how anyone would rate them 6th in passing. I'm guessing they factor in things such as completion percentage and TD/INT ratio... because the Redskins only throw the ball like 35 - 40% of the time.

In a nutshell, they review the film of each play for every team and rank how they did against their opponent as opposed to how every other team did against that opponent on that particular play in that particular situation. They don't just look at numbers, they do actually watch the game film. They throw out meaningless stuff like kneel downs and I believe certain "garbage time" plays. This accounts for game situation, opponent as well as performance. Their site is outstanding!

They've gone all the way back to 1991 but plan on going back even further. To date, the best team they have ever evaluated is the 1991 Redskins. The Seahawks were #1 this year.

formido

Reaction score
Seahawks lead the NFL in scoring defense. What is hard to understand about that? If seattle's run defense is is so exploitable for points, don't you think that would be reflected in points allowed? Good God. Again, Seattle #1 in the entire NFL in scoring defense.

SkinsFan46

Reaction score
Not going to predict anything except the weather in Seattle.

[youtube]ktAKHww9wPo[/youtube]

Hopefully it's a good game.

Twisted

Reaction score
Seattle ranks 13th and Washington 15th.

Hawks schedule was arguably the tougher

the math has been done, Hawks had a tougher schedule by a decent mark beating the pats, green bay, the bears, the vikes and the niners, 4 of those 5 made the playoffs?

not sure what your win percentage is supposed to mean but the link provided showing the NFL Team Strength of Schedule Power Rating is just that, strength of schedule...

surely nothing worth arguing over though? regular season is over and the playoffs are a new season, post season and both teams are in so....... :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
III

III

Reaction score
MOCHawk":urkg5trs said:
Whichever stats you wish to cherry pick -snip-

I chose the basics of all 4 Off. vs Def. match-ups, revealed a statistical push in that regard, and made an honest prediction. I called both teams the best in the NFL respectively at what they are the best. I could not have been more rational.

:|

No cherry picking at all.

III

SeaWolv

Reaction score
SkinsGuru":3us18omq said:
MOCHawk":3us18omq said:
Whichever stats you wish to cherry pick to justify your hope do not deter my insistence that the Seahawks will win by AT LEAST 10 points. I will be disappointed with anything less. We have made far superior teams than the Redskins look silly. They will have to play nearly a perfect game and the Seahawks very flat to keep it close.

only the stats that directly relate to how the Redskins play . . . those ARE important stats to look at . . .

Dude you chose to focus on ypc instead of total rushing yards so you're cherry picking data. Total yards is more important than ypc. YPC is a ratio whereas total yards is a more pure measurement which is why when you click on defensive rushing stats at ESPN it defaults to total yards not ypc.

Atradees

Reaction score
51-17

I just dont see the Skins stopping us with that pass defense and DangeRuss can escape or negate any blitz.

chris98251

Reaction score
It all honesty I think it comes down to who is more normalized at the start of the game, first playoff game for two rookies at important positions QB, the rest of the team pre game jitters and head maybe not in to the game as it normally would be simply due to the circumstances.

Turnovers and mental errors happen at that point and can get a team down fast no matter how good their regular season stats are. Then you begin playing different to catch up and everything goes out the window.

Having played some real tough games this season against top level opponents I think we are tuned in. But it is the playoffs and were both 0 - 0, it's all about how our individual coaching staffs prepare each team.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3vqxskhs said:
SkinsGuru":3vqxskhs said:
Grahamhawker":3vqxskhs said:
Skins Guru is trying too hard to overcome his obvious concern for the safety and well-being of his team.

:) . . . i just hope the hawks team is as over confident as all of you guys are . . .

so will it be ok for me to come here after the game and post a pic of the scoreboard??

That goes both ways, bro! Obviously the blue/lime green goggles are in effect, but so are the maroon ones.
Seriously, to appreciate what the Seattle D is capable of, you really need to have watched this season's games. If they show up (and I see the concerns there), they are capable of ruining any offense in the NFL.

I predicted a close one, and I respect the Skins greatly for what they have accomplished this year. Stickin' with Hawks 30- Skins 27.

Guess I underestimated our defense a bit. Didn't foresee that fumble by Lynch at the goal line.

Where's SkinsGuru?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Defense averaged 15 points per game in the regular season. Allowed 14 today. A fairly average game.. :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: