Honest Predictions for Seattle @ Washington

III

Reaction score
I'll state what I think are a few undeniable facts and then make a hopeful but honest prediction.

Fact: Seattle has one of the best if not the best D in the NFL. They are 4th in YPG and 1st in PPG.

Fact: In general D travels but there is no denying the Seattle D gets more out of its home field than any other. (You all should be proud of this.)

Fact: The Redskins have one of the best if not the best rushing attack in the NFL. They are 1st in YPG and 2nd in YPC.

Fact: Seattle's D is 27th in the NFL in stopping the run @ 4.5 YPC. Washington is best in the league (by far) running at home @ 5.7 YPC. This particular match-up is in our favor.

Fact: A similar analysis of your rush O vs our rush D and both our pass Os vs both our pass Ds indicates Seattle has the edge when we pass against you.

Fact: We are at home, you are not, and this is not insignificant.

Hopeful but Honest Prediction: I see this as a toss-up and am counting on a special man named Robert Griffin III to make the difference. I see many stalled drives today but see us getting an extra big play on O due to Griff and an extra big play on D due to the crowd resulting in 2 extra FGs and a score of about 26-20 in favor of the Redskins.

Good luck today. It looks like the best match-up of the weekend. Also, thanks for the (mostly) civil discourse and the good times in "Smack."

III

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Some good points III, but we also have a special young man in DangeRuss Wilson. If you discount him you'll get burned.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Meh....Hawks, you could say, are tied for 22nd in the league giving up 4.5 yards/carry; but 10th in the league in rushing yards/game. D has held some really good rushing teams to few yards.... we'll see what happens. The Skins may get north of 100+ yards on the ground, but I guarantee it won't be easy. It may come down to how many hits they want RGIII to take.

I think the Skins will need to score some points to win this game. Can they do it solely on the ground? If I were a Skin's fan I'd be more concerned about stopping the Hawk's offense.

I see a close game. I see a turnover tipping the balance. I see 30-27 Hawks.

Twisted

Reaction score
lets not forget the best rushing game in the NFL vs a mediocre schedule, bet the skinnies could rack up some yards against the Cougars as well... ;) lol

sutz

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":19sfsekz said:
Coin toss game. Heads you win, tails we win.
Nope. Heads we win, tails they lose.

;)

drastik

Reaction score
Twisted":1l55htln said:
lets not forget the best rushing game in the NFL vs a mediocre schedule, bet the skinnies could rack up some yards against the Cougars as well... ;) lol
Redskins have played 9 games in 2012 against teams .500 or better

Seahawks have played 7 games in 2012 against teams .500 or better

Schedules seem pretty even...

Thats not including, obviously, the Saints who are a pretty decent team considering their record.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
drastik":17xejacl said:
Twisted":17xejacl said:

Thats not including, obviously, the Saints who are a pretty decent team considering their record.

Seahawks 7th, Redskins 23rd.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking ... le-by-team

drastik

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2ndqhh32 said:
drastik":2ndqhh32 said:
Twisted":2ndqhh32 said:

Seahawks 7th, Redskins 23rd.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking ... le-by-team
Not sure how that site constructed their formula.

But, going by actual strength of schedule winning percentage, Seattle ranks 13th and Washington 15th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type ... order/true

Actually less than that, since it's ordered by conference and not league :idea:

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
III":2ars55r6 said:
I'll state what I think are a few undeniable facts and then make a hopeful but honest prediction.

Fact: Seattle has one of the best if not the best D in the NFL. They are 4th in YPG and 1st in PPG.

Fact: In general D travels but there is no denying the Seattle D gets more out of its home field than any other. (You all should be proud of this.)

Fact: The Redskins have one of the best if not the best rushing attack in the NFL. They are 1st in YPG and 2nd in YPC.

Fact: Seattle's D is 27th in the NFL in stopping the run @ 4.5 YPC. Washington is best in the league (by far) running at home @ 5.7 YPC. This particular match-up is in our favor.

Fact: A similar analysis of your rush O vs our rush D and both our pass Os vs both our pass Ds indicates Seattle has the edge when we pass against you.

Fact: We are at home, you are not, and this is not insignificant.

Hopeful but Honest Prediction: I see this as a toss-up and am counting on a special man named Robert Griffin III to make the difference. I see many stalled drives today but see us getting an extra big play on O due to Griff and an extra big play on D due to the crowd resulting in 2 extra FGs and a score of about 26-20 in favor of the Redskins.

Good luck today. It looks like the best match-up of the weekend. Also, thanks for the (mostly) civil discourse and the good times in "Smack."

III

Good points, but i will add a caveat to the best defense line . . . the Skins use play action 49% of the time they pass the ball . . . the Seattle pass defense is 24th against play action passes . . . the Seattle run defense is middle of the road . . . and the Redskins run offense is tops in the league . . .

i know a lot of you guys things this is going to be an easy win . . . i really don't think so . . . hope is a great game!! . . . Go Redskins!!

Skins WIN!!!

Redskins 31
Seahawks 27

themunn

Reaction score
keep peddling the rank of our rushing D
It will cost you big time if you think there are 26 teams that are better at stopping the run that us.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Still, since we are passing around stats this morning, you both predicted you would score twice more than what our D allows on average.

I thought the point of Defense was not to allow the offense to score points. Seems like folks don't care about that stat...

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
III":15zvins6 said:

Fact: This statement is totally incorrect.

debevemos

Reaction score
Seattle's defense has proven itself capable of handling the read option and other "exotic" formations the Redskins utilize in previous games. There will still be plays made, but how many will be determined by the true health of RGIII and how willing/capable of taking a hit he is. We have fast linebackers, big physical corners, and a huge safety that will be itching to punish him if he decides to run the ball.

This will definitely be a close game, that's the way Seattle played almost all its games early in the season. But since Wilson has earned the trust of our coaches, he has blossomed into one of the most potent quarterbacks in the NFL in the second half of the season. This team will find a way to exploit the weak secondary to gain yards through the air and open additional holes for the ground attack.

Seattle will win the battles in the red zone and come out on top.

27-13

tdlabrie

Reaction score

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Overanalyzing.

Hawks speed/physicality on D will make life difficult today for anyone in a maroon jersey.

That TD run that RGIII had against the Cowboys, the one where Claiborne got "blocked" by Moss and looked more like Liz Claiborne...
What would Browner have done to that play? He would have absolutely destroyed it, and there would be a reasonable chance of Moss and/or RGIII leaving the game. I don't think the Skins could possibly be fool-hardy enough to even try that play against the Hawks D!

Latest posts