Hawks visiting whitehouse?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Looks like Spencer Ware will have to change his number in the offseason.

130815-ware-750.jpg

In other news, apparently Tim Thomas lurks here.

Escamillo

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":39okvze5 said:
Tech Worlds":39okvze5 said:
The team loves him. He's just massively disappointed that he couldn't stay.

He loves them, they love him, it's all good.

Yeah but he left and and signed with a team for 40% more. No one else on this board would ever do that in their field.

You're being sarcastic, but it depends on one's circumstance. For example, Jim Harbaugh took ~33% LESS to coach at SF rather than Miami, because he saw SF as a better situation, and he wanted to stay in the Bay Area. People don't always just go for the biggest pay day (I'm not making any judgments against Tate by pointing that out).

mikeak

Reaction score
What happened above is a great example of what happened with Tate

ONE guy makes a bad comment

Six or Seven guys here all come out and slam him / her and the moderators moderate.

You can do what Tate did and draw conclusions that "fans" are saying he is selfish or you can draw the proper conclusion which is a minority of fans don't get the big picture.

Seahawks will go - players on other teams will show up and they will say hi to their friends and have a day they will remember as coworkers / friends. Then they will go back to their profession just like anybody else in this country that goes to work every day .....

Basis4day

Reaction score
Escamillo":26d61oek said:
CALIHAWK1":26d61oek said:
Tech Worlds":26d61oek said:

Yeah but he left and and signed with a team for 40% more. No one else on this board would ever do that in their field.

You're being sarcastic, but it depends on one's circumstance. For example, Jim Harbaugh took ~33% LESS to coach at SF rather than Miami, because he saw SF as a better situation, and he wanted to stay in the Bay Area. People don't always just go for the biggest pay day (I'm not making any judgments against Tate by pointing that out).

But coaches have the benefit of not needing to worry about a salary cap. If a coach performs, they can command a lot of money from their current team in contract negotiations (avoiding the Harbaugh clashes with management for a moment).

Davis Hsu had some interesting findings on the so called "home town discount". The max $ difference between a player staying for less compared to other offers is 15%.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ That is a good point.

I would say you rather take less money at a stabil place like SF, Pitt, Baltimore than go to a volatile place like Cleveland, Dallas etc

You may make less the first few years but chances are you make more over the long term and at least get the stability to prove yourself

Throwdown

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2rhrkw73 said:
What did he say and what is the PWR?

The PWR is the lowest of low points in this earth, its cold, it smells like a dump as well, its a forum on this site for old people to complain about politics n stuff.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
You don't have to be old to complain about politics but I do agree with seperating that from sports just as long as it's moderated equally. I don't know what the guy said but you guys were pretty ruff on the response.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
brimsalabim":m3zh2rqx said:
You don't have to be old to complain about politics but I do agree with seperating that from sports just as long as it's moderated equally. I don't know what the guy said but you guys were pretty ruff on the response.

I won't repeat what he said because it was edited out by the mods, but regardless, people need to learn some respect no matter what your views are. That guy had zero.

seahawks08

Reaction score
getting back to topic, the whole Superbowl team is invited, so everyone gets to go to the white house in what I thought. Now people may not go because of awkwardness, but I am sure Golden Tate is friends with everybody in the team. Yes, he made comments that were not appropriate and you would expect everyone to take the high road, at least for a classy organization and the time and effort they gave him to develop should have been a consideration. If the offer was not good, so be it, its a business and go and sign with whomever you like. But to say things like "laughable" and stuff like that to me personally is putting down an organization who helped you grow and coached you when you were learning to fly. Be respectful always is my take on that.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1k7qqcze said:

This.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I know Tate said stuff about the fans, but what did he say that would make it awkward for the team?

A

Anonymous

Shadyhawk182":3ae32mjx said:
I know Tate said stuff about the fans, but what did he say that would make it awkward for the team?

Yeah. For those of us who have been residing partially below a significant granite deposit lately, pray tell.

I missed it too.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2o2keins said:
Tech Worlds":2o2keins said:

I sense sarcasm in this post, lol.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Did anyone else read the thread title as "Hawks visiting Whitehurst"? It gave me some flashbacks I'd rather not see again.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Mojambo":120utdbj said:
If it's awkward, Golden can always go when he wins one with Detroit...

Uh... Maybe he should suck it up and go with the Seahawks.
Wins one with Detroit? For them they might have a parade if they get past the Wildcard Playoff Round.

Anguish

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3q85aesj said:

The PWR forum is not moderated at all.

Go in there and look for yourself. No need for any further discussion about it in here.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3821zkof said:
Shadyhawk182":3821zkof said:

Yeah. For those of us who have been residing partially below a significant granite deposit lately, pray tell.

I missed it too.

I don't think there's any question GT was / is bitter with the FO. His comments were (I paraphrase) "Their offer was laughable. All I did was work my butt off, I never made trouble and I missed 2 games in 4 years. After what they did to Red, I knew it was time for me to leave Seattle".

I do think his attendance at the WH would be somewhat awkward. But only for him. Pete knows GT is an emotional guy and JS understands in this business, feelings are sure to get hurt. I think they will all attend the affair, fences will be mended and Tate will ultimately long for the day that he was a Hawk. As will I. And who knows...stranger things have happened than Golden Tate rejoining the Seattle Seahawks, so best to play nice.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
The Giants and Ravens visited on June 8th and June 6th respectively. So you can probably expect our visit right around then.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anguish":1imvo7gt said:
brimsalabim":1imvo7gt said:

The PWR forum is not moderated at all.

Go in there and look for yourself. No need for any further discussion about it in here.

Well it's not moderated regularly, but some lines still cannot be crossed and when alerted we will step in.

Latest posts