Hawks Are a First Class Organization

seahawkcanuck

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2fckk1oo said:
godawg":2fckk1oo said:
The Hawks are trying to become a destination franchise. A team that takes care of its own. A team that players will take a discount to play for.

I agree! The word will get around the NFL that Seattle is a First Class organization and treats their players accordingly! "What goes around....comes around."

I also agree, very classy move.. It truly shows this organization cares about its family.

But just to play devils advocate.. I am also a huge Vancouver canucks fan..
and about 5 years ago the Organization started winning it's players over with all the little extras (bringing players family's on road trips, starting new charities in players names) also attracting New Free agents by (upgrades to Dressing Room, training facilities, travel , sleep doctors, dietitians, etc... and of course $$$$$ )

it all started out great.. about 2-3 seasons into this new team philosophy, the team was gelling quickly and FA wanted to be here, but over the past 2 years we have seen the decline of passion, urgency and heart.

Now the CORE players are more like pampered princess's, with No Drive, NO HUNGER, and most importantly they are To Safe !! Not Fighting to Keep a place in the line up.

I know this isn't hockey but I am seeing Striking/alarming similarities happening with the Seahawks..

jammerhawk

Reaction score
there is a difference between running a first class operation where everything is sought to be improved upon and pampering athletes to the point of self entitlement. here players that perform well (i.e: demonstrate they can compete) are rewarded with big contracts but are quickly discarded if they don't live up to to those contracts. WR- Mike Williams is an example of player who became complacent or who couldn't keep his competitive edge.

Your point is taken as understood but somehow I don't think JS or PC would tolerate divas here. Moves would be made, the player moved out. One thing is clear the team expects competition from everyone here and if it isn't there this isn't the place for the player or coach.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
seahawkcanuck":9q1durfj said:
...but over the past 2 years we have seen the decline of passion, urgency and heart.

Now the CORE players are more like pampered princess's, with No Drive, NO HUNGER, and most importantly they are To Safe !! Not Fighting to Keep a place in the line up.

I know this isn't hockey but I am seeing Striking/alarming similarities happening with the Seahawks..
Do you seriously think ANYONE in this organization is going to abandon the "Always Compete" philosophy? What you just describe was far more likely to happen under Holmgren that it is to ever happen under Carroll.

seahawkcanuck

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3my6xp0e said:
there is a difference between running a first class operation where everything is sought to be improved upon and pampering athletes to the point of self entitlement. here players that perform well (i.e: demonstrate they can compete) are rewarded with big contracts but are quickly discarded if they don't live up to to those contracts. WR- Mike Williams is an example of player who became complacent or who couldn't keep his competitive edge.

Your point is taken as understood but somehow I don't think JS or PC would tolerate divas here. Moves would be made, the player moved out. One thing is clear the team expects competition from everyone here and if it isn't there this isn't the place for the player or coach.

without a shadow of a doubt, PC wouldn't let that happen.. As a Coach you could not ask for a better and more motivating guy.
and with the entire team buying into his "always Compete" mentality .. (just wish the canucks had a PC)

And JS has down nothing short of a perfect job in the off season (on paper) See a Need Fill a need is an understatement..

Thats why i said "I am seeing Striking/alarming similarities happening"
(focusing on the extras the organizations are giving their players)

Comparing 1 sport to another is very hard to do.. yet its just the observations i noticed.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
That's cool of the Hawks to do for the players and families. Rams also did this with their rookies.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Couple cool tweets about the program today:

Matt Austin‏@ANS_Matt_Austin
This team is a real team they help out in any way they can n the players care about each other !Makes things easier and better to b around

Zach Miller‏@ZachMiller86
Look what I found in my locker today. So happy to be part of such a great organization @Seahawks #RemiKaydence

BKaalTWCQAAQFq5