Hawks-49ers "3 point stance"

Babsmack

Reaction score
rjdriver":2pc4vrxa said:
1. For me, it's the complete and absolute disappearance of Vernon Davis. I know he has played poorly at times against us, but one of the Seahawks supposed weaknesses is fast tight ends. I think he had one catch tonight, I'm very proud of this defensive effort.

I wouldn't be so quick to be proud of defending Vernon Davis well.

Dude has 210 yards going into week 13

That's like being proud of beating the Raiders

TzarokHawkFan

Reaction score
byau":22sx6607 said:
1. 49ers Borland is sensational.

He seemed to always be where the ball was, and if he didn't get the tackle he usually hung on until help came. Only two things I recall him missing was Lynch jumping over the spear and then on a Wilson rush he stumbled a bit early and Wilson got passed him (Wilson probably faster to the edge than he anticipated). Regardless he seemed to always be in the right place. Smart player

Borland was very hit and miss. Sure, he was RIGHT where he needed to be to make a play half the time. The long Turbin catch and run? That was Borlands guy. He blew it...BAD. He is HORRIBLE in pass coverage, between good and great in the run game. Also, ankle tackles (or ankle tackle whiffs)

chawx

Reaction score
1. Kaepernicks "confidence" in his WRs borders on full-on stupidity. Throughout the whole game he simply stared at who he was going to throw it to, and just threw it, even when his guy was blanketed. I'm sure that works against a lot of decent to sub-par CBs in the league, but not against Sherm or the LOB. He's going to get killed in Seattle (again!) if he continues to do this.

2. Our Defense is clicking and back to playing on a whole 'nother level. If this keeps up, no one in the NFL has a chance against Seattle, anywhere. Including Green Bay and especially in Arizona in February. The "Re-Pete" looks much more in reach then it has all year.

3. What a lovely surprise Moeaki and Helfet have been. Willson is also playing better each week. Our depth at TE suddenly surprises me and it's going to make everyone on the O much better for it. Maybe it took a few weeks longer than we hoped when Zach went down, but these guys are playing amazing football at the perfect time.

Exciting times to be a Seahawk fan, and what a difference 2 weeks makes. After the close loss to KC, and hitting 6-4, half the fans here on .NET were ready to write off the season, and I can't blame them. This team though took the challenge and stepped up everything! Starting off 2-0 over the toughest final 6-game stretch for any team in the NFL is obviously exactly what we all hoped for, but running the table and going 6-0, taking back the NFC West and ending up #1 or #2 seems much more likely today than it ever has.

One game, one day at a time, but looking ahead as a fan... If we keep up this intensity, the sky's the limit once again for our team.

#GoHawks

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2wrn3eeh said:
byau":2wrn3eeh said:
The 9ers don't match up well with the Hawks, but that's PARTICULARLY the case right now.
It started on Sunday night, December 23rd, 2012 precisely at 8:30 PM PST.

On that evening, Seattle imposed its will over the Whiners and has yet to relinquish it.

42-13.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":1jx1yg4u said:
Borland is a very good player. I think he is more of a pest than an intimidating force though. Lynch made Borland look like a mid-round pick on a few plays tonight. That was good to see, SF doesn't need another ultra-elite talent in their LB corps.

Agreed.

The predraft report on him was "Too Slow, Too Short, I don't care, he can play".

In that game, his lack of speed and short arms were on display trying to tackle Lynch. I dunno how many other backs in the league could do that to him, but Borland made some great plays to get into position to make the tackle...and then couldn't finish.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Babsmack":3hrn7dy5 said:
rjdriver":3hrn7dy5 said:
1. For me, it's the complete and absolute disappearance of Vernon Davis. I know he has played poorly at times against us, but one of the Seahawks supposed weaknesses is fast tight ends. I think he had one catch tonight, I'm very proud of this defensive effort.

I wouldn't be so quick to be proud of defending Vernon Davis well.

Dude has 210 yards going into week 13

That's like being proud of beating the Raiders

Ya...was gonna say.

One of the big mysteries this year has been the complete disappearance of Vernon Davis ALL YEAR.

He had 2 TDs in the opener but hasn't had once since. He almost had more yards in ONE GAME (vs Cards) last year than he has ALL SEASON this year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Borland looked far short of sensational to me. He was in on a lot of plays, but he never once jumped off the screen like Bowman or Willis (in his prime) do habitually. Honestly, I'd be quite happy if he was their longterm answer at MLB.

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know, I thought Borland looked great. Seemed to be around the ball on almost every play and he's a rook. Nice 3rd round pick.

Latest posts