Halftime Show

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I can't believe there are actually people on this planet that enjoy these halftime shows. I had the unfortunate experience of being around some people who were all excited about Rhianna or whatever her name is.

"Who?" I asked... And everyone made a big deal about me not knowing who that is, or her music, because I actually listen to music that I want, and not just whatever gets shoved down my throat because it's 'cool'.

Then, during the performance, I asked "who's singing? Because it's clearly not her..." Again, I was shot a couple glares from the women in the room, who obviously didn't want to face the reality that their favorite musical "artist" can't even sing live.

Like, seriously, most of that show was horrible choreographed and poorly executed dancing, which is already boring to watch. It just absolutely baffles me how some of these so-called musicians become famous when they are clearly so untalented they can't even sing live. Even Paul McCartney who's like 80 years old still sings live. That's a good indication of the decline of popular music since the 1960s when people actually had to be able to sing and play their instruments properly, not just live, but in the recording studio too as there were slim to no cheating methods around during that time, other than doing another take.

Its not the act that bothers me, it's the fact that there's people who actually get hyped up for it. Makes me lose faith in humanity.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I feel the same way about rap music. I’m an old classic rock guy. But it’s all OK. Nowadays, we have dedicated music stations, so people can listen to whatever they want.

It’s the same with modern art. Anybody who has some paint and a brush is an artist.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. To each his/her own. Whatever music moves you, do it. You can always walk away or turn the station. I can't stand rap or hip hop. But plenty love it.
I just prefer rock bands at the SB. Or next level musicians like Prince or Stevie Wonder. LEGIT killer legends.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Choices. Choose to watch or choose to do something else. Meh. Just not my OWN preference of music, that's all. I've watched halftime shows I'm interested in, and skipped one's I'm not interested in.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I like a couple of her songs, but to mash them all together like that? Sounded like absolute trash. And the audio was pretty poor, sounded like an echo inside the stadium, and it was hard to hear what she was singing, or even when she transitioned to another song.

Last years show was mediocre, a bunch of old rappers trying to look young and athletic, while also mish-mashing songs together that should have never been heard in the same building, let alone the same day.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I stopped watching halftime shows 20 years ago. For my taste, they just became way too over the top. I get having a special show for the biggest game of the year, but it's like they're trying too hard. Besides, I don't watch football for the halftime shows, I watch it for the game. Well, maybe the cheerleaders too.

rcaido

Reaction score
Not a fan of Rhianna. Only like a couple of her songs. Im afraid of heights so it kept my attention. I thought something bad was going to happen.

Singing wasn't that good but visually it was nice. Had a Squid Game feel to it. She was also obviously very pregnant.

cymatica

Reaction score
That halftime show was boring. Would have been better if they had Weird Al and Eminem jump in and start rapping

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm serious. I really do think Bruno Mars was somewhat marginally better than the steaming pile of shit we see most years. Is that a compliment, or an insult? That's for you to decide.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
there's still good music floating around out there. just have to look below the surface. the surface (what the media/music industry push) is just over-marketed, agenda-driven trash.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I really liked The Who's performance.
Images 1
But I imagine it may have been a much different show if they had performed at any of the Superbowls from I through XV.