Gurley guarantees Rams win this Sunday

byau

Reaction score
kidhawk":2xp6363c said:
Although, for reasons shown already in this thread, it's best not to be going to the media with these statements, I would expect the vast majority of NFL players feel this way going into a game.

True. Rams have won 3 of 4. Rams coming off an embarssing shutout loss. Rams having a home opener. While I still think the Seahawks win, can't say I'll be surprised if the lose

Changing topics: about making statements like that to the media, has a Seahawk ever guaranteed a win like this? Maybe internally, but to the outside world? Just curious. I'm thinking not, but I don't catch everything said.

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Seymour":2edwus3p said:
TatupuIsRRRR":2edwus3p said:
Seymour":2edwus3p said:
Sounds like a great reason for Bennett to make Gurley the greatest spot on turf.

Amazing!!!!

Amazing?? I'm thinking you are not getting the joke here.

If joking that Bennett going crush Girly in turf make bloody spot that IS Amazing!!!! I want see it.

razor150

Reaction score
I wouldn't have picked the Rams to sweep us last year, or split with us the year before, but it happened. The Seahawks can easily lose this game, and if they do I won't be surprised at all.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
TatupuIsRRRR":2wvb2thx said:
Seymour":2wvb2thx said:
TatupuIsRRRR":2wvb2thx said:
Seymour":2wvb2thx said:
Sounds like a great reason for Bennett to make Gurley the greatest spot on turf.

Amazing!!!!

Amazing?? I'm thinking you are not getting the joke here.

If joking that Bennett going crush Girly in turf make bloody spot that IS Amazing!!!! I want see it.

Woah! :shock:

Wartooth

Reaction score
z0gwhc.jpg

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
He didn't really guarantee it. If he did, he would have used the word "guarantee." Everyone says the word "for sure." Nothing to really look that much into. Seriously though, what do you expect him to say, "we are going to lose for sure."?

dogorama

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":19azcn4y said:
He didn't really guarantee it. If he did, he would have used the word "guarantee." Everyone says the word "for sure." Nothing to really look that much into. Seriously though, what do you expect him to say, "we are going to lose for sure."?

Just heard on the radio that he was misquoted, sounds like a backpedal to me.

He's a real gurley-girl.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I guarantee and I mean with 100% accuracy, that the team that scores most will win! Marker my words! 8)

I've predicted this before and have yet to be wrong! :2thumbs:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
byau":121jnpsr said:
Changing topics: about making statements like that to the media, has a Seahawk ever guaranteed a win like this? Maybe internally, but to the outside world? Just curious. I'm thinking not, but I don't catch everything said.

Then closest I can remember to anyone guaranteeing was Matt Hasselbecks "we want the ball and we're gonna score". Of course we know how well that turned out so there ya go.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
dogorama":3kaxnxi4 said:
I think Gurley is a great running back but coming from a guy that got 2.8 YPC last week? Maybe he should just put a zipper in it and let his running do his talking for him.

Maybe in college, but in the NFL he has shown squat.

jayneseahawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2l405d6z said:
byau":2l405d6z said:

Then closest I can remember to anyone guaranteeing was Matt Hasselbecks "we want the ball and we're gonna score". Of course we know how well that turned out so there ya go.

Lol this was my exact thought

NINEster

Reaction score
dogorama":h7uoiixh said:
Ramfan128":h7uoiixh said:
dogorama":h7uoiixh said:
I think Gurley is a great running back but coming from a guy that got 2.8 YPC last week? Maybe he should just put a zipper in it and let his running do his talking for him.

Well, he actually had more yards after contact than he did yards. That's how bad the Rams offensive line was run blocking for him...not exactly his fault.

And it's not exactly shocking:

Team A hasn't beaten Team B in 20 months.

Team B thinks they will beat Team A this week.

It's logical. It's to the point now that as much as I hate the Seahawks, a loss would get us closer to seeing Fisher out the door - I say this because when I say I think the Rams will win this week, it's not any kind of hope on my part - it's just what Fisher does.

For as much as you guys pile onto Fisher, I assumed more Seahawk fans would be picking the Rams to win this week given, well...what Fisher does.

Thomas Rawls had 5.6 ypc last year behind arguably the worst line in the league.

Also, you have to actually score a point before you can win.

Here's a twist on "arguably the worst line in the league".

The Seahawks have poor physical talent on the OL, but very good coaching and zone run blocking scheme. Plus, the zone read with Wilson adds to their efficiency. I read a stat that the zone read runs average over a yard extra per attempt than those under center.

Of course, there's no real scheme to help out on pass protection. You gotta have the horses to block well, and bear in mind that even the vaunted early Harbaugh Niner OLs were never great in pass pro either despite being a top 3 run blocking line.

So the short of it, Rawls has a decent OL run blocking for him. Better than the Rams for sure.

NINEster

Reaction score
v1rotv2":n2oiagrj said:
dogorama":n2oiagrj said:

Maybe in college, but in the NFL he has shown squat.

A bit of envy out there.

Gurley has shown plenty. Perhaps he could be overtalked about, but he certainly has done things.

And hate to say it, but draft class is a very real thing. Comparing a first round RB to an UDFA gives him plenty benefit of the doubt to go with the superior stats.

Antonio Brown had to ball out for a few seasons to get his props as a great WR coming in as a 5th/6th rounder.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Erebus":i4q0bgm2 said:
I love the extra pressure he just put on the rest of his team.

Yes! Somebody better, we all know our coach isn't.

The rest of the team needs pressure. And lots of it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well isn't that special!

I predict he will be feeling some pain before the end of the game on Sunday.

dogorama

Reaction score
NINEster":22o5ozw8 said:
So the short of it, Rawls has a decent OL run blocking for him. Better than the Rams for sure.

Rawls also had the most yards after contact, indicating that he, not unlike Russell Wilson, gets yds in spite of his Oline not because of them. The Seahawks O-line graded out #30 in 2015, #29 in run blocking.

Summary: It’s amazing that the Seahawks got as far as they did with a line that struggled to open many holes, and a pass protection unit that was sieve-like. It got better when Patrick Lewis came in, but their poor play serves to only highlight how good the backs were, and how talented Russell Wilson is at extending plays.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ra ... is-season/

Latest posts