Guinness World Records Coming Back For Saints MNF Game

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
The MNF game against the Saints will be my first home game I attend in Seattle since the 1983 Wild Card win over Elway's Broncos his rookie year. You can be sure that my voice will be heard!

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm glad it'll be loud as hell for Brees and company, other than that, could care less anymore... Whatever helps the team though.

RiverDog

Reaction score
jkitsune":3aupvwut said:
This is getting old really quick. Like I said in another thread, I love that this celebrates fan involvement in the game, but this is REALLY quickly losing its public appeal.

I was dubious about the original "world record" supposedly set at the SF game. The record high decibels at QWest/CLink was recorded by various network television crews...professionals that know a thing or two about sound engineering, probably more than some trivia buffs... at something like 110-112 db. If you know anything about decibels, you'll understand that it's a logarithmic scale, meaning that it increases at an increasing rate. A jump of 20 db from the old record to the new one seems to me to be very questionable. No one has yet explain to me how they were able to record an 18% jump, and that's assuming that it's a straight line function, which it is not. Most records of any type are broken in baby steps, in tenths of a second or fractions of an inch, etc, not by a country mile. Either the old record or the new one had to be way off.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I fricken love Guinness. so smooth and black and angry looking, in that sexy glass with a nice thick head....

oh... what were you guys talking about? Oh, that Guinness.

I'm curious to see if any of the dome teams (like the Saints) are going to want to get in on this action. NOLA has always had a pretty strong claim to loudest stadium too IIRC.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
This is amusing both the comments on here and the thought of getting this record back. We did it without help imagine what would happen with the same type of help KC had.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
BTW anyone with tickets to the saints game who doesn't want to contribute to the record, feel free to pass them my way. :mrgreen: Hey it's worth a shot right?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I don't understand why people think this is lame or stupid. I think it's fun and cool! It's pitting fanbases against each other, and I just think it's a cool little side contest. Adds a little dash of extra spice to the season. The only thing that makes it a little wishy-washy is the unpredictability of the particular game they're recording. If one team has a really mundane, ugly game, there's no way it's gonna break any records. But then the other team could have a game-winning pick-six or bomb that would send the crowd into a frenzy. So it's never gonna be a predictable record. You'd have to record every game of every team over, say, a 10-year period so that teams could have their up and down years, then take an average over that period of time to come up with the overall loudest stadium. I damn well know we'd win that one. Not a doubt in my head.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3he1ho49 said:
I don't understand why people think this is lame or stupid. I think it's fun and cool! It's pitting fanbases against each other, and I just think it's a cool little side contest. Adds a little dash of extra spice to the season. The only thing that makes it a little wishy-washy is the unpredictability of the particular game they're recording. If one team has a really mundane, ugly game, there's no way it's gonna break any records. But then the other team could have a game-winning pick-six or bomb that would send the crowd into a frenzy. So it's never gonna be a predictable record. You'd have to record every game of every team over, say, a 10-year period so that teams could have their up and down years, then take an average over that period of time to come up with the overall loudest stadium. I damn well know we'd win that one. Not a doubt in my head.

Except the record is not for the loudest stadium. It's for producing the most crowd noise at a sporting event. There is a little bit of difference there.

kearly

Reaction score
This whole thing is stupid. But hey, sometimes stupid things can fun.

roadking777

Reaction score
I don't believe it! My first game @ century link is gonna be insane.
Flying from North Dakota with my step son who is die hard saints fan
All I can say is in-fricken-credible!!!!!!!!!!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
roadking777":3sqv4j2u said:
I don't believe it! My first game @ century link is gonna be insane.
Flying from North Dakota with my step son who is die hard saints fan
All I can say is in-fricken-credible!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta say, that IS pretty cool for your first CLink experience! You're SO gonna dig it! I'm actually pretty thrilled for you. Be sure to write back after your big day! :th2thumbs:

Be sure to pop into Temple Billiards near the stadium before the game to say hi to a bunch of fellow .Netters. Unfortunately, I won't be there, but a lot of others will.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
I have been a season ticket holder since the 2004-05 season. I have heard many loud games, and some pretty abysmal games over the past decade. For those that were not present at either the Giants game (2005), the NFCCG, or the Saints playoff game (BeastQuake), I can assure you that this previous Guinness World Record we set at 136.6 is FAR below what we have done in the past, and that the new mark set by the Chiefs at 137.5 this past sunday will crumble when (and if) the team supports this and gets involved with prompting it on our screens the way they did in Kansas City.

There were some instances during the Giants game back in 2005 that got so loud, that the crowd noise muted itself out (best way to describe it) in my ears to that i couldn't even hear the roar and noise of the crowd anymore, i wasn't able to hear my brother yell directly into my ear 6-8" away.

If this rematch happens, i would also like to see the USGS get involved and have seismometers ready to record our noise...

47degreesn

Reaction score
In my opinion we need to hold back until we host the next NFC championship game. Whenever that will be.... ;)