Guinness World Records Coming Back For Saints MNF Game

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If I could be at the game, I'd probably think it's a pretty awesome experience. From a distance, this seems insignificant in the long run, because sooner or later a domed stadium like Minnesota will break the record, and, the from then on, the record will be owned by domes.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Bakergirl":5nl044eh said:
BlueThunder":5nl044eh said:
I don't understand why people think this is lame or stupid. I think it's fun and cool! It's pitting fanbases against each other, and I just think it's a cool little side contest. Adds a little dash of extra spice to the season. The only thing that makes it a little wishy-washy is the unpredictability of the particular game they're recording. If one team has a really mundane, ugly game, there's no way it's gonna break any records. But then the other team could have a game-winning pick-six or bomb that would send the crowd into a frenzy. So it's never gonna be a predictable record. You'd have to record every game of every team over, say, a 10-year period so that teams could have their up and down years, then take an average over that period of time to come up with the overall loudest stadium. I damn well know we'd win that one. Not a doubt in my head.

Except the record is not for the loudest stadium. It's for producing the most crowd noise at a sporting event. There is a little bit of difference there.

But in the course of all those recordings over 10 seasons, a peak level would be achieved by one team, and would set the benchmark for the loudest single DB Burst over that period. Ain't gonna happen, but to truly make it a level playing field, that's what would have to happen. Anything else is just to put some number in ink. No team knows when that Beastquake run or Fumbled snap by Romo is gonna happen. I believe either of those would crush both ours and Kansas City's records...

Oh, you just wanna relive those moments again... I'm on to you guys!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0 ... -yd-run-TD

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dbe2fe447f

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
BlueThunder":h70ovjxw said:
Bakergirl":h70ovjxw said:
BlueThunder":h70ovjxw said:
I don't understand why people think this is lame or stupid. I think it's fun and cool! It's pitting fanbases against each other, and I just think it's a cool little side contest. Adds a little dash of extra spice to the season. The only thing that makes it a little wishy-washy is the unpredictability of the particular game they're recording. If one team has a really mundane, ugly game, there's no way it's gonna break any records. But then the other team could have a game-winning pick-six or bomb that would send the crowd into a frenzy. So it's never gonna be a predictable record. You'd have to record every game of every team over, say, a 10-year period so that teams could have their up and down years, then take an average over that period of time to come up with the overall loudest stadium. I damn well know we'd win that one. Not a doubt in my head.

Except the record is not for the loudest stadium. It's for producing the most crowd noise at a sporting event. There is a little bit of difference there.

But in the course of all those recordings over 10 seasons, a peak level would be achieved by one team, and would set the benchmark for the loudest single DB Burst over that period. Ain't gonna happen, but to truly make it a level playing field, that's what would have to happen. Anything else is just to put some number in ink. No team knows when that Beastquake run or Fumbled snap by Romo is gonna happen. I believe either of those would crush both ours and Kansas City's records...

Oh, you just wanna relive those moments again... I'm on to you guys!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0 ... -yd-run-TD

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dbe2fe447f
It never gets old

Uncle Beastmode

Reaction score
We don't need a count down,, Bring your headache meds cuz Seattle WILL bring the noise!!!
pmedic920":1tm70kwd said:
Can we get a count down to "scream" like they did?

Seeker

Reaction score
oh no the girl doesn't know I bought tickets for that game...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think a much better question is how much separation do they get within five seconds of the snap? Serious/honest question, I'm really not sure what the answer is. I'd love to see the answer to that question for starting WRs for all 32 teams in the league to see where we rank, comparatively.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wtieje9 said:
I think a much better question is how much separation do they get within five seconds of the snap? Serious/honest question, I'm really not sure what the answer is. I'd love to see the answer to that question for starting WRs for all 32 teams in the league to see where we rank, comparatively.

Uh

rsm650

Reaction score
Watch as Guinness goes back to Arrowhead and they beat our record again...and then they come back and we beat it yet again...and so on and so forth, until one day at the Superbowl, the Seahawks and Chiefs fans at MetLife combine for over 200 decibels, the loudest ever recorded anywhere on Earth, bursting everyone's ears while causing a magnitude 5 earthquake. Finally, the NFL gets sued for 1 trillion dollars for everyone's hearing treatment and building damage.

JonRud

Reaction score
rsm650":1t8ya0jv said:
Watch as Guinness goes back to Arrowhead and they beat our record again...and then they come back and we beat it yet again...and so on and so forth, until one day at the Superbowl, the Seahawks and Chiefs fans at MetLife combine for over 200 decibels, the loudest ever recorded anywhere on Earth, bursting everyone's ears while causing a magnitude 5 earthquake. Finally, the NFL gets sued for 1 trillion dollars for everyone's hearing treatment and building damage.

Seahawks vs. Chiefs Super Bowl I like it!

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Seahawkx":278w8lz2 said:
Can we freaking get some support from the Seahawks organization.. It really is a turnoff when they want nothing to do with it, while in KC, they had full support from their organization. Atleast the use of scoreboard announcing the attempts would do if nothing else.

I think its a gesture of respect from the organization that they leave it up to the 12th man to break the record on their own. The club knows we are a part of the team and its up to us to compete and hold up our end. If we retake the record it will show the team that we can step our game up.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Kind of bad taste on KC's part, isn't it?

It reminds me of my 2 and 4 year old kids. The younger one will walk right by a toy and not care, but then the older one starts playing with it, now the younger one is crying to have it.

KC, you didn't care about it until we got it. That's jealousy. Immature. Try next year or at the end of the year or something, not one month after we set a record KC didn't give a crap about before that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's all just for fun and if it helps the crowd be louder in a key game then I would think Hawks fans would be 100% for it. This time, however, I will take them up on the earplugs if they hand them out again.

Axx

Reaction score
i specifically recall some other team attempting to break it after KC broke it.

I can't remember though

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
Is this something we are going for against the Saints on MNF? I mean is there going to be an "official attempt" at the record? Anyone know?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Legion12Boom":fg8aha7s said:
Is this something we are going for against the Saints on MNF? I mean is there going to be an "official attempt" at the record? Anyone know?

Volume 12 posted on Facebook that they are not. It was just a rumor. They said they are working on it for the future, though.

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
HawkFan72":6pwfpiys said:
Legion12Boom":6pwfpiys said:

Volume 12 posted on Facebook that they are not. It was just a rumor. They said they are working on it for the future, though.

Right on, Thanks for the update. I heard talk about this back when KC took the record from us, but didn't know if the attempt would be official. Will get it back next season for sure. Go Hawks!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Still think it was lame of Guinness to allow Kansas to challenge our record breaking so quickly. Nothing that keeps me up at night but still seems kinda lame.