Guinness World Records Coming Back For Saints MNF Game

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh boy, more pissing matches on who's louder :roll:

It was fun the first time, but are we gonna see this every few games???
Come one, our fans are as loud as it gets, let KC have their little complex about it. The 12th Man here has NOTHING to prove.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Barthawk":1rkzdl7i said:
This contest is kinda lame IMO. We are loud all the time not just when prompted or when Guiness shows up..

So is KC. It's not a bad thing that they are just as loud and sustain the volume the whole game too. It's OK. We can admit it. They have always been known as the loudest crowd in the league until the Clink was built. I said weeks ago that KC is the only crowd that could beat our record, and they did.

In fact, people that were at both games said the KC crowd sustained their noise for longer periods of time than the Seattle crowd throughout the game.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Hawknight":3n35kw1m said:
It's time for Lynch to do another long distance, tackle breaking, nut grabbing in the end zone touch down!!!!! :D

You mean like this!!! (Avatar plug)

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Awesome! This contest will be a great bonus feature on our "Road to the Super Bowl" DVD/Bluray that inevitably follows the season!

jkitsune

Reaction score
This is getting old really quick. Like I said in another thread, I love that this celebrates fan involvement in the game, but this is REALLY quickly losing its public appeal.

Seeker

Reaction score
Don't we have to pay $$ to enter this everytime?
not sure but I heard someone mention an entry fee..... hmmm.....

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
Seeker":a4gg8j8l said:
Don't we have to pay $$ to enter this everytime?
not sure but I heard someone mention an entry fee..... hmmm.....

$7500 to pay airfare and hotel fees for the inspector.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We should try the record from the quietest to the loudest.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The guys on the radio were saying KC had a decible meter up so the fans could see how close they were getting--they didn't do that for us--it totally changes it. And also the Guiness guy with the meter was down at the wrong end of the field for the loudest part. I think if we get a few things calibrated, we REAM the noise record. And the NO game could be for the #1 seed in the NFC, late in the season.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This is getting really silly IMO. I was happy to move on from it. The only winner in all this is Guinness, who is getting more free press right now than they've had in their entire history.

253hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1395zq83 said:
If we don't set the new one on MNF now, we'll never try it again, probably.

We'll probably try again at some point after the 3000 new seats are installed next season.

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
What this doesn't account for is how long this noise lasts. I live in Phoenix and have been to every Hawks/Cards games over the past 10 years or so. Since the new stadium Cardinals fans brag about their home field advantage and how loud they get. I've been to only one Seahawks game at the CLink and my biggest takeaway from the comparison is just how LONG the noise lasts. The CLink never seemed to calm down the entire game! In fact I would say when I was there they almost loud to a fault and never really quieted when we were on offense. The University of Phoenix gets loud while the team huddles on some important 3rd downs but 95% of the game you can sit and have a casual conversation like you were at the local coffee shop. They have this very annoying "First down" yell every time they move the sticks but it would be impossible to explain to anyone that has not been there what the intensity level is at the CLink at home game! I can't wait to get back there and join you all again soon!

Largent80

Reaction score
This has lost it's appeal with KC's weak "make Seattle hear you/us" bullshit. Who cares?

I don't. Although I was proud to be part of the real record with 10,000 fewer fans than KC.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
We'll break the record, they'll try and fail, and it'll be done. No worries. It's not going to become some long running thing... I absolutely guarantee that if they have the actual decibel meter on the big screen, in the corner, that the crowd can break the record easily.

csjwilkinson

Reaction score
Remember that I wrote that article about you guys breaking the record? Well, I just can't bring myself to write about the Chiefs doing it because I just have a feeling that you'll just take it straight back. Good luck with it guys. Oh, how I wish that I could experience that atmosphere.

tifferradish

Reaction score
QuickLightning":3rn4tbyn said:
pmedic920":3rn4tbyn said:
Can we get a count down to "scream" like they did?

It was actually broken on a pick 6.

It was actually broken in the last minutes of the 4th quarter, not during the pick six, the jumbotron/scoreboard was showing the decibel meter and pumping up the crowd to get louder. IMO I think it's childish and dumb if we retry, who cares at this point? We know who we are, and how loud we get. We don't need an extra 10,000 fans and a screen to tell us to be loud, to be the loudest fans in the NFL.