Gruden as OC?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Bevell and Cable need to be replaced this off-season. I'm not sold on the idea that Pete will walk away yet. One name that peaks my interest is Jay Gruden. He could get fired this offsason from the Redskins and I'd love to bring him here as OC. Wouldn't mind seeing Bill Callahan as OL coach. Gruden would be a good fit for Russ. Gruden took a team that was in a big hole and steadied their ship.

Why would he do it? The lure of transitioning into our next head coach. A chance to help build a team with talent, but no direction. Gruden would give use focus and better decision making than Bevell.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He would be great, but unless he's a head coach controlling everything, no way he comes back to the NFL. He has a gravy tv gig already.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3np734t3 said:
He would be great, but unless he's a head coach controlling everything, no way he comes back to the NFL. He has a gravy tv gig already.

He is talking about his brother Jay. Not Jon.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I don't know if Redskins would cut ties with him yet but how they handle Kirk will certainly play a role. They are an average team that was decimated by injuries but have a pretty good offense, I think he could do some creative things with Russell. Especially since he's getting a guy like Kirk Cousins an enormous contract somewhere soon.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Everyone knows that the front office of Washington is a disaster.

If Gruden gets fired he'll be instantly re-hired as a head coach somewhere. That one of his disciples just turned around the Rams so drastically makes that even more of an absolute certainty.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jay Gruden was LARGELY helped by Sean McVay. Hue Jackson did more in Cincy than Jay Gruden did.

I will say it's at least a realistic name, I just think they can do a lot better.

adeltaY

Reaction score
As OC? Hasn't Gruden been calling plays and their offense been pretty effective considering the injuries they have? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
adeltaY":1b4botxr said:
As OC? Hasn't Gruden been calling plays and their offense been pretty effective considering the injuries they have? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

They're ranked beneath us in all categories.

There are better candidates out there for OC if a change is made IMO.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
smashmouth59":1cw4e8kh said:
We will regret it.

I hope to sweet baby Jesus you don't mean we will regret bevell gone. The first quarter of a football game is scripted by the OC based on his interpretation of film review and taking into account the strengths and weaknesses of both teams.

We are bottom of the league in the first quarter, and have been consistently with bevell. This is THE most accurate way to judge an OC because you can isolate just his design and strategy.

He is literally the worst at this, and anyone who pays attention to the specifics can easily see this.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1c0evfch said:
smashmouth59":1c0evfch said:
We will regret it.

I hope to sweet baby Jesus you don't mean we will regret bevell gone. The first quarter of a football game is scripted by the OC based on his interpretation of film review and taking into account the strengths and weaknesses of both teams.

We are bottom of the league in the first quarter, and have been consistently with bevell. This is THE most accurate way to judge an OC because you can isolate just his design and strategy.

He is literally the worst at this, and anyone who pays attention to the specifics can easily see this.

I think that you are trying to say that Mr. Bevell is a "motorcycle wreck"! :roll:

getnasty

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fkr3f0k said:
adeltaY":3fkr3f0k said:

They're ranked beneath us in all categories.

There are better candidates out there for OC if a change is made IMO.

If you just go by ranking then Bevell and the Seahawks are always in the top 10.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Although, they have two pro bowl OL. If he brings Callahan, great. If we can get Callahan without him, even better.

Either way if Scott M and them have a reunion here along with Carroll, I'd be dancing the jig.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Jay Gruden isn't perfect, and nearly every coach has warts. I'm tired of Bevell, Cable, and the excuses.

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
The Redskins threw together a crackpot oline that handled our defense. I hate to admit it, but I was impressed. Now, I wish he made his team run more, so that's something I do dislike about him.

Latest posts