Great game guys

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
Great game guys. I'll be honest and say we were fortunate to win this game. Had we not had the game at home and you guys coming East for a 2nd consecutive week then the outcome likely would've been different.

It took Luck a good quarter to figure out your defense and you guys almost put the game out of reach in that time. Still can't figure out why they didn't hammer us with Lynch more. He was eating us alive in the first half when he got the ball.

Thought the PI call on Tate was one of the worst calls I've seen but didn't have too many issues other than that. Some close calls both ways (the fumble by Luck where he got hit in the helmet was one that went against us) but the offensive PI call was really bad and it certainly would've changed the game.

strohmin

Reaction score
I was pissed by these three calls.

The tate pi

The safety that should have been a TD

The 12 men on the field

The other calls im not as mad about because Ive seen those go against seattle more often than not.

Anyways Luck played pretty good and TY. Hilton killed us, so congratulations.

The Radish

Reaction score
The safety was on our guys soley. There were 3 Hawks there and he could have taken a bit more time. That and getting one of the other FGs would have put this game out of sight early and been over.

We let them hang around and its our own fault.

Offense is obviously still the weak link

coltsfanmilyman

Reaction score
That was by far the best game I have seen in recent years. Seahawks are one helluva team and I can't believe we pulled it out. We stepped up in the second half but Wilson was killing us the whole game. I'm scared to think of what will happen for you guys with ur oline healthy.

Great game seahawks. Hope to c u in NYC come Feb.

A

Anonymous

LotsOfLuck":2lni5oa8 said:
Great game guys. I'll be honest and say we were fortunate to win this game. Had we not had the game at home and you guys coming East for a 2nd consecutive week then the outcome likely would've been different.

It took Luck a good quarter to figure out your defense and you guys almost put the game out of reach in that time. Still can't figure out why they didn't hammer us with Lynch more. He was eating us alive in the first half when he got the ball.

Thought the PI call on Tate was one of the worst calls I've seen but didn't have too many issues other than that. Some close calls both ways (the fumble by Luck where he got hit in the helmet was one that went against us) but the offensive PI call was really bad and it certainly would've changed the game.

Appreciate the kind words.

This one stings as our defense had a number of gaffs in coverage that, quite frankly, took me by surprise. Several questionable officiating calls, not just the one you mentioned. On the last drive there were two OPI's that would have been called anywhere else. Not going to blame the officials though, been down the road...

This one was all about A. Luck, IMO. He's good, and had a few plays that were brilliant.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The Radish":16vg8pvf said:
The safety was on our guys soley. There were 3 Hawks there and he could have taken a bit more time. That and getting one of the other FGs would have put this game out of sight early and been over.

Right... so a ball thats moving extremely fast should have been stopped by 3 Hawks receivers pursuing it?

No Johnson did a great job just to recover that ball. Having a fg blocked and returned for a TD was the biggest part of the game thats a 10 point swing.

davidonmi

Reaction score
strohmin":1bwo80j6 said:
I was pissed by these three calls.
The 12 men on the field
I swear I counted 11 in real time and on DVR

BamKam

Reaction score
Yup I haven't been able to really watch Luck in a full game yet since he came into the league but he looked like a 5 year vet out there today. You guys are good, should make things interesting with Denver out in the AFC.

I hated some of the calls but I have seen much worse officiating. We lost because Luck did a really good job on clutch 3rd down conversions and our offense missed some huge scoring oppertunities.

I imagine we will see each other in the Super Bowl some day... it is crazy how the Manning trade turned out to be better for both teams.

ivotuk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1yjawzjt said:
The Radish":1yjawzjt said:

Right... so a ball thats moving extremely fast should have been stopped by 3 Hawks receivers pursuing it?

No Johnson did a great job just to recover that ball. Having a fg blocked and returned for a TD was the biggest part of the game thats a 10 point swing.

I'm with Les on this one. JJ got greedy, the safety was guaranteed, he should have stopped the balls progress and let a team mate fall on it.

OP
OP
L

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
ivotuk":1f7wngeo said:
NFSeahawks628":1f7wngeo said:
The Radish":1f7wngeo said:

I'm with Les on this one. JJ got greedy, the safety was guaranteed, he should have stopped the balls progress and let a team mate fall on it.

In hindsight that's the right thing to do but in real time it's asking an awful lot for that guy to be aware of what's behind him and think that even if he keeps it in bounds and it's recovered by the Colts it's still a safety. I mean, that type of play isn't really practiced so it would've been one heady play for him just to bat it backwards for a teammate to recover.

Veilside

Reaction score
The one that really pissed me off was the Tate PI call on the TD. Terrible call that stole 7 pts from us. Other than that I don't have any complaints about the refs, but that was a huge one. The Clemons hit on Luck's head I felt didn't effect the play enough to call as he had Luck dead to rights whether he went for the strip or not. He chose to go for the strip instead of the sack and accidentally hit his head first. If he hadn't of gone for the strip, he would have had an easy sack.

That's both Shaub and Luck now that have turned our passing defense into swiss cheese. Also what the hell happened to our pass rush as the game went on?! Not feeling confident at all about our defense but I will admit, Luck had some real good throws and made some good decisions. He looks legit.

I still can't believe how bad of a call that was on Tate. Oh well we didn't need 7 pts anyways....oh wait....

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
ivotuk":2npjg50c said:
NFSeahawks628":2npjg50c said:
The Radish":2npjg50c said:

It's a play where he was in the moment, on 99% of fumbles or when the ball gets loose, you don't know what's goona happen or who's behind/next to you, all you do is go after the ball in which he did. Should he have been more aware of the boundaries, yeah probably, but there's no telling where anyone is when all you are staring at is the ball with a helmet on(he can't see the sides unless he turns his head), so all you can do is try your best to get the ball immediately and unfortunately his momentum forced him out.

Dreo

Reaction score
Good game.
Your coaching in the second half was excellent - the hurry up/no huddle tactic really hurt us as we are very reliant on personnel changes for our schemes. I think we were caught flat-footed by that and I think it cost us 14 points and two time outs. And Luck, Hilton and Wayne were incredibly clutch.
I think we'll adjust though.

Our secondary was way off today:
- Earl forgot how to tackle until late game
- Browner and Thurmond were a step behind most of the time
- Sherman and Earl had a very rare miscommunication that cost us a TD (after Earl let Hilton slip by from the sideline)
- Where was Maxwell?

I also can't figure out why which switched play calling from stuff that was dominating to leading to three and outs.
Credit to the Colts defence and adjustments but it seemed to me that Bevell moved away from ground n' pound to bizarre read-option calls at the wrong times that the Colts saw coming a mile away.

I think Christine Michael would have been a difference maker. Where was he?

rm1369

Reaction score
Great game Hawks fans! One of the more entertaining games I've seen in a while. Lynch is a beast and RW is as elusive as hell! Good luck on the rest of the season!!

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Good game INDY- you deserve the win. Took advantage of the breaks and never quit. Thats the way we normally win.

HawkWow

Reaction score
This game provided us a look at the not-so-distant future of the NFL. The changing of the guard in both conferences, and hands down, the best 2 young QBs in the biz. The result of this game, I believe, will be beneficial to both teams going forward.