Gotta relax, people

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I realize we can still make the playoffs, but my concern is that we don't have what it takes to actually go anywhere in the playoffs. More than likely this season will be no better than our last 5.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1sukudh2 said:
zchurch74":1sukudh2 said:
What happens when we lose Thursday?

We’re in the toughest division in football. We went through our toughest stretch with the most injuries next to the Niners. What really matters is getting healthy and hot late. Not these mid-season panic attacks you guys are having

This is a clear indoctrination of how poor John Schneider has been. He’s living off of his success from 2012/2013. He has failed at drafting depth ever since then. No one is getting healthy during a season. A team gets unhealthier as the season progresses due to the pounding. To be just one deep tells you that we are a poorly constructed team. We are going to do fine against the Giants Jets Eagles and WTF, but that’s snake oil because those teams suck. The Kool Aid will be drank by the naive when in reality no progress will be made.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete's best days are behind him.

This is him on the downside.

He was always a program and roster builder more than a gameday coach.

Now he is pretty much a gameday liability.

My old boss used to have a saying 'An idea can be a dangerous thing if it is the only one you have'. That is Carroll. He has a philosophy and a vision for how a team needs to play. His roster does not match it. So he has no idea what to do then.

He used to doggedly adhere to that same vision regardless of the roster. That got us stuff like what happened the past few years. Now he seems forced out of his comfort zone and is clearly out of his element.

Without Pete, there would be no SB or multiple years of being a competitive, dangerous team. But there is little chance he will be able to use Wilson to the best of Wilson's ability. We certainly, almost assuredly, won't be any kind of serious playoff threat for the rest of Pete's time here.

By the time we replace our current DC, Wilson will have probably had this year squandered for him, if not the next.

RCATES

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":2s9fgic8 said:
Thursday night will complete the toughest part of our schedule. Winning 2 of 5 over that stretch was not unrealistic. We'll show up on Thursday hopefully getting our 2nd win outta these 5 and getting us to 7 & 3.....
Games remaining after that with:
Philly, NYG, NYJ, & Wash gets us to 11 & 3.
Close out with: home vs. LAR and then @ SF
.....will get us to 12 & 4....
THIS IS NOT UNREALISTIC :snack:
......just relax. :les:

If most of our disgust was based off the Seahawks record alone then right on :irishdrinkers:

Sadly the crushing reality is this team has looked terrible against good competition which means they're not very good. None of us will care they were 12-4 going in when they get destroyed again in the second round.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2dlgda6b said:
Pete's best days are behind him.

This is him on the downside.

He was always a program and roster builder more than a gameday coach.

Now he is pretty much a gameday liability.

My old boss used to have a saying 'An idea can be a dangerous thing if it is the only one you have'. That is Carroll. He has a philosophy and a vision for how a team needs to play. His roster does not match it. So he has no idea what to do then.

He used to doggedly adhere to that same vision regardless of the roster. That got us stuff like what happened the past few years. Now he seems forced out of his comfort zone and is clearly out of his element.

Without Pete, there would be no SB or multiple years of being a competitive, dangerous team. But there is little chance he will be able to use Wilson to the best of Wilson's ability. We certainly, almost assuredly, won't be any kind of serious playoff threat for the rest of Pete's time here.

By the time we replace our current DC, Wilson will have probably had this year squandered for him, if not the next.
Twisted, I wholeheartedly agree with this.

He is done.

The game and film on his system and now his inability to draft talent to fit his scheme has passed him.

His post games are terrible.

He clearly appears clueless and does not know how to fix this.

It isn’t just this season. It’s been on decline for years now. I hate those in charge that cannot move on from Carroll because he won a SuperBowl. Winning a Superbowl does not mean you continually do so. You look at the trends and the years after. And the trend is currently pointing down. It’s not getting better.

They made a huge mistake extending this guy. The game has passed him.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Most noticeable is that there are two camps. One that insists that our record will repair itself when the schedule eases. We will then proceed to the playoffs and somehow become transformed into a contender. The other takes the position that this isn't a good team and will flounder in the playoffs against stiff competition.

Yes our record will get better but this team is not good in comparison to 2nd round playoff teams. Just a complete inability to stop anyone and now to top it off the offense is beginning to sputter. 10-6 is the likely outcome and I fear we are one and done in the playoffs. If you are going to point to our six wins, I will point out how improbable a few of them were.

hawks85

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2u92lzux said:
I didnt expect to beat the Rams, but I also didnt expect to look that bad either. This is not a good team. It'll be the usual where the team feasts on crappy teams during the later part of the schedule which will cause the majority of the fans to get excited and confident again and as soon as the playoffs start, the team takes its typical early exit. The fans will then say how close the team was to moving forward and how Pete is so great and everythings just fine while missing out on the big picture and not being able to see that changes need to be made. Its just entertainment and it doesnt bother me like it used to, but its frustrating that most fans cant see the ugly pattern that the organization is in now. Russ makes for an automatic 9 to 10 win season and thats all that seems to matter for some. This team is and has been all smoke and mirrors for awhile now. Carrolls contract extension is a bad thing that people dont realize for some reason. Oh well.

FINALLY!! someone gets it. Hawks are EXTREMELY overrated. They are not a good team despite what people say. This team will not get better unless coaching changes are made, and no one will convince me otherwise.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Absolutely laughable, the patriots are 4-5 and they haven’t drafted a HOF player in years...has the game passed Bill by.
Baltimore is 6-3 and just lost to the washed up Belichick...has the game passed Harbaugh by... how about Shanahan or Mcvay, 4-5 & 6-3 game has passed them by. Peyton is obviously the goat..he is 7-2. How about all those names of OC’s that people here wanted so badly...nothing but chicken littles here

hawks85

Reaction score
xray":2dd04wmd said:
Wilson needs to relax . He's pressing too much and the results are bad .
I don't give a crap what Wilson said about not being under pressure. Wilson can relax if that shitty defense can actually show up for a game. Wilson is under pressure consistently to carry the load. Pete is telling him that, I know he is, and he is saying that to cover up Norton stupid ass on defense. Without Wilson Hawks are 0-8

Latest posts