Gooooo Ducks!!!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":13dqj9gs said:
Mariota got away with breaking cardinal rule #1 for a QB.....never throw back across your body to the middle of the field. He is not playing very well so far. If I'm Helfrich I concentrate on running the ball and hope he gets his shit together in the 2nd half.

I almost wish he hadn't won the Heisman just because he doesn't have to deal with that little bit of extra pressure to live up to the award. He'll be fine, though. The Ducks are doing a good job of chiseling away at the FSU defense.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ttnmcbms said:
Mariota got away with breaking cardinal rule #1 for a QB.....never throw back across your body to the middle of the field. He is not playing very well so far. If I'm Helfrich I concentrate on running the ball and hope he gets his shit together in the 2nd half.

If the receiver was actually paying attention would have been an easy first down. Was looking at the fallen defender rather then coming back for the ball. Good read, IMO. Plus as sarlacc said, should have been pass interference.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34hoan5a said:
hawksfansinceday1":34hoan5a said:

If the receiver was actually paying attention would have been an easy first down. Was looking at the fallen defender rather then coming back for the ball. Good read, IMO. Plus as sarlacc said, should have been pass interference.
Make that throw in the NFL and it's a sure pick. Simply cannot do that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Winston got away with intentional grounding on the screen. Threw it at the center, not the RB. These refs just don't want to throw flags, it seems.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":9o28pfds said:
Winston got away with intentional grounding on the screen. Threw it at the center, not the RB. These refs just don't want to throw flags, it seems.
But didn't he have a RB 'in the area'? Usually that's enough.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":24emjcuu said:
Sarlacc83":24emjcuu said:
But didn't he have a RB 'in the area'? usually that's enough.

RB got stacked up near the center of the field.

That dropped pick really hurts.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
And we benefit by a bad non-call. Should have been holding, not DPI, though, since it happened before the ball was thrown.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1smzrew6 said:
It's odd to read a post like that from a Seahawks fan...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1dqsq17c said:
Sarlacc83":1dqsq17c said:

It's weird typing it. Happening on both sides of the ball now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":xh64vrwy said:
GeekHawk":xh64vrwy said:
Sarlacc83":xh64vrwy said:

It's weird typing it. Happening on both sides of the ball now.
Yes it is. Pretty rough officiating so far.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3prkun3r said:
And we benefit by a bad non-call. Should have been holding, not DPI, though, since it happened before the ball was thrown.

Before and during. Previously they tackled the receiver in the back. Two things I am thinking

1) Ducks are benefiting big time from the refs

2) can we get the refs to the NFL?