Dawgs and Ducks to join the Big 10

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
I doubt the Pac or Bug 12 keep their outbid after the next contract. Neither bring teams worthy of a auto bid

The Big 12 will definitely keep their AQ, especially given they are a huge step above the G5 conferences and a step below the P5

RiverDog

Reaction score
There have been some reports that the Big 12 is considering adding Oregon State and San Diego State, but it seems very unlikely.

According to Scheer, an editor and publisher at Wildcat Authority, those schools could be the next two programs up to bat in realignment. Per a tweet of his from Sunday night, the Beavers out of the Pac-12 and the Aztecs out of the Mountain West could end up as the 17th and 18th programs for the Big 12, tying them with the Big Ten for the most in the nation.

“Hearing Oregon State and San Diego State have had very preliminary talks with the Big 12 over the last 48 hours,” Scheer tweeted. “Key word is preliminary and it would be at discounted rates.”

But then there's this report that seems to refute the rumor:

The Big 12 is not discussing adding Oregon State or San Diego State at this time, two conference sources tell @TheAthletic

I can't see any way that Oregon State and San Diego State secure an invite to one of the power conferences before Stanford and Cal, by far the two biggest plums left in what was once the Pac 12. IMO some of these reporters are taking advantage of the situation to get more clicks on their articles.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm glad the Dawgs are leaving. Pac-12 is a joke, and has been for years.

This. Time to build new traditions and new rivalries. Time to get some national exposure.

Especially after how many schools were pulling the strings and pressuring for the sanctions UW got back in the early 90s... **** the Pac. Washington owes nothing to that conference or to any of those schools that have never had their back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
On one hand it's sad to see a conference that's been around for over a century probably completely toast. On the other, getting to play some new competition, totally different teams, and some damn good ones? Yes please. And it's sounding like they will KEEP the Apple Cup which is huge imo.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
The AD's have let greed override Scholastics, tradition and the fans. This all is going to implode, money will dry up at some point and then the schools will be trying to retreat back, not just Pac 8 but all conferences.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’ll also say, it wouldn’t have gotten to this is half the teams in the pac 12 fan base’s didn’t suck. Yeah I’m talking about Cal (do they even have fans?) Stamford, UCLA, USC, ASU and CU. Just terrible fan bases, with half filled stadiums.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ad's turn down 30 million from ESPN, greed and incompetent league commissioner, they countered with wanting 50 million, ESPN walked.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I love how Coug and beav fans keep trying to pin this on UO/UW. Like SC and UCLA hadn’t already bolted and took LA with them.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Ad's turn down 30 million from ESPN, greed and incompetent league commissioner, they countered with wanting 50 million, ESPN walked.

Last year the report was closer to 24 million per school. Now apparently it was 30? This is why journalists are so hard to trust.

And yeah, everyone wants money. Been that way for as long as anyone can remember. Look at WSU and Beav athletic departments upset that their programs might not be as successful. Greed, greed, greed.

Oh well, such are sports. Always have been this way, and always will. Otherwise there's no point in having them.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
The Pac sure didn't give a rat's ass about us back in '93. Led by clown master, Bill Walsh (yes, I said that), they, the Pac 10 and the NCAA cost us more than just our legendary coach, they prevented us from becoming a dynasty that historically, just might be mentioned in the same sentences as Alabama, UGA, etc etc..

Yet I find myself upset for the Beav, in particular, a team that has really turned the corner here as of late. Building a brand new stadium in the midst of all this could cut deep. The Coug? Little brother lost me with the flag planting and what pisses me off most about that is that I let it bother me as much as I did.

But Stanford can rot in hell (as a football program) for all I care. How many of you Dawg fans recall Bill Walsh, prior to his first game (and ass whupping) at Husky stadium, stepping onto the tarmac wearing a Groucho mask like demolishing our brand was some big joke to him?

Still angry after all these years, and admittedly no more mature today than I was back then. Oh well. Let's go Dawgs.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The Pac sure didn't give a rat's ass about us back in '93. Led by clown master, Bill Walsh (yes, I said that), they, the Pac 10 and the NCAA cost us more than just our legendary coach, they prevented us from becoming a dynasty that historically, just might be mentioned in the same sentences as Alabama, UGA, etc etc..

Yet I find myself upset for the Beav, in particular, a team that has really turned the corner here as of late. Building a brand new stadium in the midst of all this could cut deep. The Coug? Little brother lost me with the flag planting and what pisses me off most about that is that I let it bother me as much as I did.

But Stanford can rot in hell (as a football program) for all I care. How many of you Dawg fans recall Bill Walsh, prior to his first game (and ass whupping) at Husky stadium, stepping onto the tarmac wearing a Groucho mask like demolishing our brand was some big joke to him?

Still angry after all these years, and admittedly no more mature today than I was back then. Oh well. Let's go Dawgs.
The NCAA sucks.

chris98251

Reaction score
The TV money is unsustainable, Networks are losing viewers to streaming who are also struggling due to costs for developing content. The Monster the NCAA has created will feed upon itself here in the not to distant future.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The TV money is unsustainable, Networks are losing viewers to streaming who are also struggling due to costs for developing content. The Monster the NCAA has created will feed upon itself here in the not to distant future.
Fox is generally a free channel. ESPN is going 100% streaming in the next 18 months meaning it will be a subscription service.