Gonna take a couple of down seasons for the Seahawks...

NY Hawk

Reaction score
To get back to the SB. Going out and getting players that are used up will not get it done. They need a massive O-line for RW or the same thing will keep happening. RW is not 6'5 so it takes him a little longer to see the field. You could see the difference in the play of all the QB's that played championship weekend. Seahawks O-line play is trash and has been that way for a while now. Even when I hear..."well the O-line is playing good" NO THE HELL THEY'RE NOT. Most of the time it's the will of the RB. Unless they can get some good late round picks I don't see the team going far.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Idk what you mean by "down seasons," but if you haven't noticed the Hawks don't have a down season under Pete and Russ.

A down season has been 10-6 and wild card berths.

So if you're expecting a couple 6-10 seasons to rack up high picks, I can't see that happening without Russell getting hurt or something drastic happening.

I've been resigned to just being above average, and that's IMO where we'll be for the rest of Pete's tenure here. Good, fighting every year for the division and wild card, but never great again going to SB's.

Not a bad place to be, makes for exciting seasons. But discouraging as well knowing this core group of players and coaches have probably seen the best behind them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They get to the tourney just about every year, so they absolutely have a chance. You just need to be the hot team going in to the playoffs and IN the playoffs. See Tampa Bay...…..
Got hot at the right time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32ueoe5n said:
They get to the tourney just about every year, so they absolutely have a chance. You just need to be the hot team going in to the playoffs and IN the playoffs. See Tampa Bay...…..

Sounds good, but doesn't work with your example.

Tampa lost two of their last five, we won our last four (should have been our last seven).....and was as healthy as we've been for what, at least 3-4 years going into the playoffs.

Certainly were healthier and hotter than a banged up Rams team with no QB's who came in here and pushed our poop in.

Sorry Soulfish, takes more than just being a hot team. GB was hot, got bounced. Bills were hot, got bounced. NO was hot, got bounced.

Takes health, coaching and talent. Of which we don't measure up right now to the elite teams in the league.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hot team in the playoffs. That's often what is needed and who ends up in the Super Bowl. Giants with Eli Manning, same exact thing. Got hot in the playoffs. This isn't something new.
The better team doesn't always win. The better team THAT DAY wins. Just my opinion. Getting hot in the playoffs is extremely important.
But, it's all opinion. I get what you're saying. Just get to the dance, and any team can be knocked off.

OP
OP
N

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2k526ed1 said:
SoulfishHawk":2k526ed1 said:

Sounds good, but doesn't work with your example.

Tampa lost two of their last five, we won our last four (should have been our last seven).....and was as healthy as we've been for what, at least 3-4 years going into the playoffs.

Certainly were healthier and hotter than a banged up Rams team with no QB's who came in here and pushed our poop in.

Sorry Soulfish, takes more than just being a hot team. GB was hot, got bounced. Bills were hot, got bounced. NO was hot, got bounced.

Takes health, coaching and talent. Of which we don't measure up right now to the elite teams in the league.
You said it all right there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was talking about getting hot in the playoffs. Not regular season, which I obviously didn't make clear. But getting a post of mine shot down is pretty normal. And that's fine.
Tampa Bay clearly has done exactly that, they got hot in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1mnfyqtc said:
I was talking about getting hot in the playoffs. Not regular season, which I obviously didn't make clear. But getting a post of mine shot down is pretty normal. And that's fine.
Tampa Bay clearly has done exactly that, they got hot in the playoffs.

But this is what I'm trying to explain to you, they didn't get hot in the playoffs........they have an extremely talented roster on both sides of the ball and and a HC who's publicly told everyone that he allows Brady to run the offense and he just gets out of the way.

Low and behold, Super Bowl. THAT'S what it takes. Talent, health and good coaches that don't meddle with their stars.

Latest posts