Golden Tate signs with the Lions

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me this bites as he was a valuable player to our team. I think he got paid a lot more than we were willing to pay. That should read he was overpaid by about $1 mil/yr.

Seems to me we will very probably get a comp pick as a result of this deal. The losses are starting to pile up a bit. Sure hope we can replace Clem.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Well atleast we dont have to worry about his dumb antics and pointing first down when he makes one catch.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Good for him. I would love to keep everyone. I know we can't. Moreover, I don't think paying him 5/31 was feasible with Percy Harvin on the team.

drcool

Reaction score
12s everywhere are shedding a tear after hearing this news.

BijYSPFCIAEePKU

And yes, that is a picture of my son crying for a totally unrelated reason

HHHTGT

Reaction score
this one really hurts, I hate seeing him somewhere else. that being said, I wish him nothing but success in DET, he is one of my favorites and that won't change.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jkitsune":2drz4a3u said:
Throwdown":2drz4a3u said:
So we weren't gonna get that discount he ran his mouth about? He did take the money to go somewhere to win a few games here n there?

Whatevz, don't care anymore. Dudes a clown for being fake. I'm never mad at anyone getting all they can, but don't talk out your youknowwhat and say things people don't mean.

It's not as if it's your livelihood to weigh against attachment to a group of fickle fans who will turn on you the second they perceive an injustice.

It's easy to say you want to take less to stay home, but when the money is on the table, it's a different deal. Dude played his butt off for us for years.

I disagree with this. He wasted 2 years trying to get by on just talent (his words). He didn't start performing until Russell Wilson showed up.

I'm a little conflicted because he had some great catches and punt returns, but he's not worth that kind of money to a run-first team.

Here's to hoping we get Odell Beckham in the 1st. :th2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Congrats to him though and good luck going forward. Am disappointed.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Throwdown":2mrqj4qj said:
So we weren't gonna get that discount he ran his mouth about? He did take the money to go somewhere to win a few games here n there?

I'm guessing that Tate's idea of a discounted rate was way more than Pete and John's idea of the maximum they'd be willing to pay.

Just because he took a deal elsewhere doesn't mean he wasn't serious about being willing to take a discount.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Best of luck to him in Detroit. I hope he still brings me some happiness when I pair him alongside Megatron in fantasy this year, late round value!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't like it. I can live with it, but I don't like it.

Good luck GT! Thanks for everything.

MVP53

Reaction score
Terpdragon":8l6m123z said:
RolandDeschain":8l6m123z said:
Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 3m
However Seattle I am extremely thankful for the support and love the city has given me over the past 4 years. It's tough to leave such a

Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate 3s
Great place. I appreciate everything the city, coaches, and teammates have done for me. I will always value how great seattle was to me
Sorry if I have trouble believing him after lying about wanting to stay with the Hawks. Lie about one thing, kinda hard to listed to anything out of his mouth

How'd he lie about "wanting" to stay in Seattle? For all we know, JS told him we just don't have a contract to offer him weeks ago.

Heck, I "wanted" to marry Jennifer Aniston. Doesn't make me a liar when I realized that was never going to happen.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
ivotuk":2uaifw1v said:
jkitsune":2uaifw1v said:
Throwdown":2uaifw1v said:

Whatevz, don't care anymore. Dudes a clown for being fake. I'm never mad at anyone getting all they can, but don't talk out your youknowwhat and say things people don't mean.

It's not as if it's your livelihood to weigh against attachment to a group of fickle fans who will turn on you the second they perceive an injustice.

It's easy to say you want to take less to stay home, but when the money is on the table, it's a different deal. Dude played his butt off for us for years.

I disagree with this. He wasted 2 years trying to get by on just talent (his words). He didn't start performing until Russell Wilson showed up.

I'm a little conflicted because he had some great catches and punt returns, but he's not worth that kind of money to a run-first team.

Here's to hoping we get Odell Beckham in the 1st. :th2thumbs:
I agree with you ivotuk. Especially about the 2 years of inconsistancy he had before Russell got here

scakfan

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat but Softy never said there was an offer. He was taking guests opinions on whether the Hawks should make such an offer (5/35) that was stated by an ex-agent that wrote a CBS article about FA values .

Hawknballs

Reaction score
A discount to me was taking 4.5m if someone was offering 5m a year; or taking 5m a year if someone was offering 5.5.

i always assumed if he was offered 6m+ a year he was going to be gone and can't blame him one bit - he got a great deal on a team where he could be a star and a pro-bowler on a team that is a few pieces away from being a contender.

Or he could have taken much less, stayed in seattle, settled for his 850-900 yards a year, maybe never once reached a pro-bowl in his career. He's only 25, a few good season in detroit where he plays his ass off and he could potentially earn even more.

can't blame him one single bit. But my most loved seahawk gear was my 81 jersey so this stings.

Throwdown

Reaction score
jkitsune":h3i6edxi said:
Throwdown":h3i6edxi said:

I'm not mad at him for getting all he can, I would do the same thing in his position. But I wouldn't of opened my mouth and said the bull he did prior to free agency.

Its corny and its lame.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
We can find his replacement in the draft or free agency if we already don't have one on the roster. I don't know who but I am sure JS & PC will figure that one out. The point here is that his replacement is a lot easier to find than Sherman's, Earl's, or Wilson's. We can't resign everyone and if letting Tate go means we should be able to keep our other young players then I am not against it at all.

but man... I am bummed

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":3u11uzdi said:
I'm not mad at him for getting all he can, I would do the same thing in his position. But I wouldn't of opened my mouth and said the bull he did prior to free agency.

Its corny and its lame.
Remember when you made a thread ranting in the shack about the Percy haters?

You're sounding a lot like those you ranted about with what you're posting in this thread. Don't shoot the messenger.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Throwdown":39uwg9yy said:

He said he was open to some discount, that doesn't mean he will take whatever Seattle offered.

Latest posts