Golden Tate signs with the Lions

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Best of luck to your Tate! Don't want to be bitter about this... we're talking about MILLIONS of dollars here - I would imagine thats what it took to pry him away from Seattle. It's easy for us fans to scoff at money we're not gettting and urge someone to turn their back on that much dough...

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Anthony!":gn670msu said:
IF we did indeed offer him a 5 year 35 mil deal with 17 mil guaranteed, and he took a lesser deal, than the whole wanting stay was wrong. However given we do not throw the ball as much, and now he is in a throw first offense, he can get more opportunities and maybe more stats. Hard to argue. This is one of the reasons I am concerned about Rw. He will never be able to be great or considered great in our offense as is. SO he might look to leave to go to a more pass orientated team. Not to mention we have shown little drive to improve the offense beside Harvin. O-line sucks at pass blocking has for 2 years and we have not done much to improve that. Now we are down a WR and punt returner.

I think your fears about Wilson are completely unfounded and have zero merit whatsoever.

McGruff

Reaction score
As much as we want big receivers, look for us to sign/draft more Tate clones . . . guys who can make limited receptions and turn them into big plays.

Golden didn't want that gig. Most receivers don't. I expect that as long as Pete is here, we'll see a revolving door at WR.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Not much to add. Just real bummed to lose tater. Have been a big fan and big defender of his for a while now. Oh well. Guess it's true the FO didn't want the Lilipution national guard as a recieving corps. Wonder if Sid comes back on a vet minimum deal now...?

Seaswab

Reaction score
Tate crying in his presser about the defense getting all the attention here. What a clown. Drop some more slants Golden.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Anthony!":1fxo0fkb said:
IF we did indeed offer him a 5 year 35 mil deal with 17 mil guaranteed, and he took a lesser deal, than the whole wanting stay was wrong. However given we do not throw the ball as much, and now he is in a throw first offense, he can get more opportunities and maybe more stats. Hard to argue. This is one of the reasons I am concerned about Rw. He will never be able to be great or considered great in our offense as is. SO he might look to leave to go to a more pass orientated team. Not to mention we have shown little drive to improve the offense beside Harvin. O-line sucks at pass blocking has for 2 years and we have not done much to improve that. Now we are down a WR and punt returner.
Come on it's obvious that we either offered him far less or nothing at all. It's Detroit think about that.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
This one sucks. Really liked the guy. Hope he does really well there individually, though I hate the Lions and won't wish their team any success.

I understand the disappointment of others, but hating on one of the key components of our first Super Bowl champion is a bad look and I wish people would stop. If he doesn't step up against St. Louis, who knows if we win that game. And if we don't win that game, who knows if we end up winning the division. And if we don't win the division...well, you get the picture. I'm thankful to all who brought the trophy home for us, not just those who are still here.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I, like many, hate to see him go. One of my favs.
I think he's a good fit as a #2 up there.
He deserves that kind of $ IMHO. I only wish we could have paid it. Best of luck to him, and I thank him for his contributions to the Hawks.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Seaswab":1h1fvfay said:
Tate crying in his presser about the defense getting all the attention here. What a clown. Drop some more slants Golden.

Not surprised, he wasn't the sharpest bulb in the shed. He has always rubbed me the wrong way. I don't question the mans toughness but he just seams like a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seaswab":1ob0o9u7 said:

Yeah he had quite the butterfingers here...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... receivers/

(^ Top 10 in lowest drop rate in 2012. Not sure about 2013, I can't find the numbers.)

If you're going to be petty, at least make intelligent petty posts.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2n2cqc0m said:
This one sucks. Really liked the guy. Hope he does really well there individually, though I hate the Lions and won't wish their team any success.

I understand the disappointment of others, but hating on one of the key components of our first Super Bowl champion is a bad look and I wish people would stop. If he doesn't step up against St. Louis, who knows if we win that game. And if we don't win that game, who knows if we end up winning the division. And if we don't win the division...well, you get the picture. I'm thankful to all who brought the trophy home for us, not just those who are still here.

Well said. Haters suck.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
McGruff":2th9x0mk said:
As much as we want big receivers, look for us to sign/draft more Tate clones . . . guys who can make limited receptions and turn them into big plays.

Golden didn't want that gig. Most receivers don't. I expect that as long as Pete is here, we'll see a revolving door at WR.
Now this is just ridiculous. We have constantly been trying to get that big receiver since 2010.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Yeah, whoa, he wants the spotlight (he won't get it across from megaton). It was the best defense of all time Tate, geez, show some respect they won you a ring.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1qggzdz0 said:
Seaswab":1qggzdz0 said:

Yeah he had quite the butterfingers here...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... receivers/

(^ Top 10 in lowest drop rate in 2012. Not sure about 2013, I can't find the numbers.)

If you're going to be petty, at least make intelligent petty posts.

You'll find that some folks are consistently petty and misinformed here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, if someone is upset about a guy leaving, after the claims he made, makes them a "hater"

Whatever, enjoy watching the playoffs on tv. Loved him as a player, but he's obviously fully of crap. He did the exact OPPOSITE of what he said.

Detroit? Hole
More money, ok, I'll take it........

McGruff

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2dn7hc0n said:
McGruff":2dn7hc0n said:

Now this is just ridiculous. We have constantly been trying to get that big receiver since 2010.

Aside from Rice, when have we invested significant capital in any of those big receivers?