Golden State Warriors

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1vzcwtaj said:
As expected after the NBA suspended Green for Game 5, this is going to a Game 7. Bring it on.

:snack:
Suspensions or injuries like the Cavs had last year are no excuse right?You win or lose as a team with who you have.On a another note last night was the 1st game I watched completely in years.I sure won't miss it when I'm done after game 7.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This series has been as intriguing as a late game of Clue with Sorority girls... Why are we still playing?

Every game has been a blowout, and I'd suggest that only Games 1 and 4 were intriguing at all. I really hope both teams show up and make Game 7 something to watch.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Warriors are limping into game 7. No Bogut. Andre Iguodala looked like he could barely run with his back injury. It's going to be an interesting game 7.

Warriors have pretty much been 7.5 point favorites at home in this series, they are only 4.5 point favorites for game 7. Vegas expecting a close game. This is one of the shortest lines at Oracle I can remember in a long time with Curry, Thompson and Green all playing.

From a fan perspective, I hope Cleveland wins it. Their fans need it after everything they've been through. Seattle fans can sympathize with them. It would be a great story for the kid from Akron to bring home a championship to Cleveland. I've really grown to respect LeBron the past few years, it's ridiculous the amount of hate he gets.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hope 'bron gets it, like literally begging to whatever is in the heavens to let it happen. I need my boy to at least get 3 and with Cleveland. They need this more than anyone.

Sac

Reaction score
367f25f7426c74ac6e69f1162be7374a.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Throwdown":3mva3d4j said:
I hope 'bron gets it, like literally begging to whatever is in the heavens to let it happen. I need my boy to at least get 3 and with Cleveland. They need this more than anyone.

I'm rooting for the exact opposite. I love the way the Warriors play and I just can't get behind this Cavs team. Its getting harder and harder (what?) to root against Kyrie though. Kid is legit.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol see I'm exact opposite, I love when teams attack the basket the way James and 'specially Irving do.

Kyrie has always been special just injuries have been his downfall since his days at Duke, his game really took off though when lebron came back to join him and he wasn't the focal point of the offense.

knownone

Reaction score
I find it funny that Steph Curry's wife said the NBA is rigged last night. I can't imagine that's what the NBA wants to hear from the MVP of the league's wife, but I can't really blame her. Last night's game was some of the most biased officiating I can remember, since the Celtics and Lakers in 2010. The sad part? Cleveland was clearly the better team, yet at no point in Cleveland's domination, did I feel like the game was being fairly called, which is pretty sad.

I know some of you are betting on game 7. If you think momentum is on Cleveland's side, and think Lebron is going to will his team to victory, keep this in mind. Cleveland got away with a lot of grabbing and holding during screens, the refs allowed them to be physical with the Warriors on both sides of the ball, but called it very tight on the Warriors under similar circumstances. If they call the game tighter on Cleveland, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson will explode, that's my biggest concern as a Cav's fan going into game 7.

I think the biggest tell will be who the officials are. As of right now Monty McCutchen, Derrick Stafford, Jason Phillips, and Scott Foster have called fairly erratic games which have favored Cleveland. In fact McCutchen and Stafford have officiated two of Cleveland's wins (Game 3 and Game 5). More interesting is that the Warriors are 0-3 in the playoffs with McCutchen on the court, 2 of those 3 he was the crew chief. Currently it sounds like Game 7 will probably have Dan Crawford or Mike Callahan (maybe both) two guys who've called fairly tight games both ways, this IMO benefits Golden State.

I'll be pulling for the city of Cleveland, I want them to end that curse so badly! but I've got a bad feeling that this will be a Golden State blow out. If I see Dan Crawford and Callahan. I'd almost be down to throw money on it... which is odd for a Finals game 7. Do I think it's rigged? No. I don't think Mrs. Curry claim is that far off though.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Cleveland outplayed GS in game 6 and for sure deserved the win. I still think the Cavs have to win Game 7. If they do then it's an all time great performance by Lebron the entire finals. Hands down. But man, the NBA is so soft nowadays. I just don't get how that was a foul on Curry. The call wasn't on the steal attempt. It was way after that. But he didn't even touch the cavs players. Snuck right between them. If anything ticky tack like that is called at any point in Game 7, that will be a disgrace.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Both teams have the exact same number of total points scored in this series, 610-610. Even though most of the games have been blowouts, the points are even. Weird how that works.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well this series has taken a very sudden turn. Feel like the Warriors were in complete control until they started talking a lot of s*** to LeBron. They woke up the giant, and now they are seeing the results.

Also doesn't help that Harrison Barnes is absolute garbage right now and that the Warriors supporting cast as a whole has vanished the last two games.

I still think on paper the Warriors are the much better team, but the way LeBron is playing right now sure equalizes those holes in a very big way. Game 7 is a complete toss up now. Really can see either team winning.

Largent80

Reaction score
Do people actually watch the nba still?....if so, in my opinion you are a glutton for ridiculous.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
knownone":17b3buds said:
I find it funny that Steph Curry's wife said the NBA is rigged last night. I can't imagine that's what the NBA wants to hear from the MVP of the league's wife, but I can't really blame her. Last night's game was some of the most biased officiating I can remember, since the Celtics and Lakers in 2010. The sad part? Cleveland was clearly the better team, yet at no point in Cleveland's domination, did I feel like the game was being fairly called, which is pretty sad.

I know some of you are betting on game 7. If you think momentum is on Cleveland's side, and think Lebron is going to will his team to victory, keep this in mind. Cleveland got away with a lot of grabbing and holding during screens, the refs allowed them to be physical with the Warriors on both sides of the ball, but called it very tight on the Warriors under similar circumstances. If they call the game tighter on Cleveland, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson will explode, that's my biggest concern as a Cav's fan going into game 7.

I think the biggest tell will be who the officials are. As of right now Monty McCutchen, Derrick Stafford, Jason Phillips, and Scott Foster have called fairly erratic games which have favored Cleveland. In fact McCutchen and Stafford have officiated two of Cleveland's wins (Game 3 and Game 5). More interesting is that the Warriors are 0-3 in the playoffs with McCutchen on the court, 2 of those 3 he was the crew chief. Currently it sounds like Game 7 will probably have Dan Crawford or Mike Callahan (maybe both) two guys who've called fairly tight games both ways, this IMO benefits Golden State.

I'll be pulling for the city of Cleveland, I want them to end that curse so badly! but I've got a bad feeling that this will be a Golden State blow out. If I see Dan Crawford and Callahan. I'd almost be down to throw money on it... which is odd for a Finals game 7. Do I think it's rigged? No. I don't think Mrs. Curry claim is that far off though.

I understand the skepticism with NBA. I read the Tim Donogahy book, he was fixing games for quite some time in the NBA. And he mentioned how other officials would make bets between each other on various things (who can give a technical first, who can throw out this coach or that player, etc.). Fixing isn't happening by the NBA, Silver and the NBA aren't that dumb. If it does happen, it's a ref who is doing it on his own. Maybe it happened way back in the day, but in today's world, you can't hide anything. We live in a day and age where everything gets exposed thanks to the media and social media.

And while were on the topic of fixes I'll dive deeper into it. First of all, it's a psychology thing. If a weird thing happens once every few years, people jump to the "It's Fixed" theory. Okay so the NBA suspended Draymond Green in a pivotal game, when was the last time you can remember the NBA suspending a player in a key game? I can't think of one off the top of my head. We never remember the times when things go quickly (4-game sweeps or short 5 game series). But we remember the times when "weird" stuff happens. Here are some examples:

- The biggest money maker could have been in 2009. Kobe and the Lakers advanced to the finals, all they needed was LeBron's Cavs to beat Dwight Howard's Magic. They would have had Kobe vs LeBron. That matchup would have made all kinds of money. But it never happened, instead Magic advanced and got beat quickly in 5 games.
- The Finals last year were won in 5 games. Very short. How come they didn't fix it to 6 or 7 games?
- The Finals 2 years ago only went 5 games, with the Spurs beating the Heat 4-1. Why not 6 or 7 games?
- In 2012, after falling behind 0-1 to the Thunder, they won 4 consecutive games and finished the series in 5 games. Why not 6 or 7 games?

There are about as many 4 and 5 game series as there are 6 and 7 game series. IMO, a sweep is much more rare than a 7 game series. IMO, logically the most common would proabbly be a 6 game series.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Right now, I would compare these Warriors to the 2014 Seahawks.

Going for back-to-back Championships.

Best talent and coaching in the league.

Kerr's coaching philosophy was inspired by Carroll's "Always Compete."

Draymond Green is playing the fiery, spiritual leadership role of BeastMode, who he knows very well.

Steph Curry is the perfect embodiment of Russell Wilson's style: undersized, yet freakishly athletic and cerebral, QB of the offense.

On the other side, Lebron's decade of dominance and arrogance is reminiscent of the hated New England Patriots, who continued to rule the eastern NFL despite not winning a championship for a number of years.

Unfortunately, like the 2014 Seahawks, the Warriors do not appear to be at their mental and physical peak going into this championship game.

If I had to bet, which I won't, I would still put my money on the WarHawks, just as I did in 2014. One or two game-changing plays could make all the difference.

F2fde4d6 16dd 11e5 8430 e28aeccecd7c 1020x1468
1464281621090.jpg

CH4shiBXAAAhQ6P

Crizilla

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2dg06vth said:
Right now, I would compare these Warriors to the 2014 Seahawks.

I actually thought that as well, but it would only hold up if GS loses game 7 in a heartbreaker (like GS having a wide open layup at the buzzer but missing it).

Alexander

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1c6kvvwb said:
knownone":1c6kvvwb said:

I understand the skepticism with NBA. I read the Tim Donogahy book, he was fixing games for quite some time in the NBA. And he mentioned how other officials would make bets between each other on various things (who can give a technical first, who can throw out this coach or that player, etc.). Fixing isn't happening by the NBA, Silver and the NBA aren't that dumb. If it does happen, it's a ref who is doing it on his own. Maybe it happened way back in the day, but in today's world, you can't hide anything. We live in a day and age where everything gets exposed thanks to the media and social media.

And while were on the topic of fixes I'll dive deeper into it. First of all, it's a psychology thing. If a weird thing happens once every few years, people jump to the "It's Fixed" theory. Okay so the NBA suspended Draymond Green in a pivotal game, when was the last time you can remember the NBA suspending a player in a key game? I can't think of one off the top of my head. We never remember the times when things go quickly (4-game sweeps or short 5 game series). But we remember the times when "weird" stuff happens. Here are some examples:

- The biggest money maker could have been in 2009. Kobe and the Lakers advanced to the finals, all they needed was LeBron's Cavs to beat Dwight Howard's Magic. They would have had Kobe vs LeBron. That matchup would have made all kinds of money. But it never happened, instead Magic advanced and got beat quickly in 5 games.
- The Finals last year were won in 5 games. Very short. How come they didn't fix it to 6 or 7 games?
- The Finals 2 years ago only went 5 games, with the Spurs beating the Heat 4-1. Why not 6 or 7 games?
- In 2012, after falling behind 0-1 to the Thunder, they won 4 consecutive games and finished the series in 5 games. Why not 6 or 7 games?

There are about as many 4 and 5 game series as there are 6 and 7 game series. IMO, a sweep is much more rare than a 7 game series. IMO, logically the most common would proabbly be a 6 game series.

I agree completely with this, though I have to point out one minor error (which doesn't take anything away from the overall argument). Last year's finals did go to six games. GS won 4-2.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":1oybolno said:
Do people actually watch the nba still?....if so, in my opinion you are a glutton for ridiculous.

Great input as always. Thanks L80.

:roll:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Largent80":3ar6dr0c said:

That's what I say about soccer. It's easy for me to watch, but who wants to watch something where you only see 2-3 goals in an entire match. The other day I watched some of the Germany/Poland game which was a snoozefest that ended in a 0-0 tie. I also can't stand ties. Ties are for losers. Much rather watch basketball where you see amazing stuff happen 25+ times a game, not to mention you'll see the ball go through the hoop about 70+ times a game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1xp6ym7v said:
Largent80":1xp6ym7v said:

That's what I say about soccer. It's easy for me to watch, but who wants to watch something where you only see 2-3 goals in an entire match. The other day I watched some of the Germany/Poland game which was a snoozefest that ended in a 0-0 tie. I also can't stand ties. Ties are for losers. Much rather watch basketball where you see amazing stuff happen 25+ times a game, not to mention you'll see the ball go through the hoop about 70+ times a game.

I enjoy watching both. When I was younger basketball was definitely 2nd to football, but now soccer has surpassed basketball as my 2nd favorite to watch. In soccer, even though there's very little scoring you never know when that moment is going to come that is going to change the game, so it keeps you on the edge for the entire match (at least if you have an emotional attachment to one of the teams). Basketball most of the time you could skip the first 3 1/2 quarters and just tune in for the end and you'll get most of the drama. I do agree about ties though. It's frustrating to devote yourself to a 2 hour match and not have a winner or loser.

To each their own though, I dont understand why people come into threads telling others they shouldnt enjoy something.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2yvac7cs said:
Hawk-Lock":2yvac7cs said:
Largent80":2yvac7cs said:

I enjoy watching both. When I was younger basketball was definitely 2nd to football, but now soccer has surpassed basketball as my 2nd favorite to watch. In soccer, even though there's very little scoring you never know when that moment is going to come that is going to change the game, so it keeps you on the edge for the entire match (at least if you have an emotional attachment to one of the teams). Basketball most of the time you could skip the first 3 1/2 quarters and just tune in for the end and you'll get most of the drama. I do agree about ties though. It's frustrating to devote yourself to a 2 hour match and not have a winner or loser.

To each their own though, I dont understand why people come into threads telling others they shouldnt enjoy something.

Exactly, to each their own. Everyone has their preferences. There is no such thing as "this sport is better than this sport." It's all subjective. I will say that I have really gotten into soccer the past week with the Euro Cup and Copa. I love the free-flow of soccer and how the rules are so simple. I can't stand the draws, and I can't stand the theatrics of when a player gets "hurt" and they roll around on the ground for 2 minutes. Could you imagine how much sh*t someone in the NFL would get if they rolled around on the field for 2 minutes acting like someone just shot them in the leg?