Go get Jimmy G!

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1uz5zlny said:
Maelstrom787":1uz5zlny said:
I'd much, much, much, much rather trade for Minshew if this is what we're doing.

Minshew is terrible. Team wins 3 to 4 games with him as QB. I just dont understand the love people have for the guy.
He’s got a better arm than Stinky G and can throw downfield

mistaowen

Reaction score
The guy who singlehandedly holds back a 49ers team, entirely lives off YAC on short/intermediate throws, and cannot be trusted to lead game winning drives is the guy you want to pay a decent paycheck on a Seahawks team that purposely plays close to win in the 4th?

KinesProf

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1s9sc6s8 said:
As long as we're going for useless pseudo-QBs, bring back T-Jack!
:sarcasm_off:

Come on. I understand that you're trying to be funny, and used the sarcasm symbol; but show some respect for the deceased.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":bjhsu8w9 said:
pittpnthrs":bjhsu8w9 said:
Maelstrom787":bjhsu8w9 said:
I'd much, much, much, much rather trade for Minshew if this is what we're doing.

Minshew is terrible. Team wins 3 to 4 games with him as QB. I just dont understand the love people have for the guy.
He’s got a better arm than Stinky G and can throw downfield

And yet he cant seem to start for anybody. He's a perennial backup that will never have a starting gig in the NFL again unless somebody gets injured.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3tyzu6ll said:
Maelstrom787":3tyzu6ll said:

I didn't say he was a world beater. Said I'd rather have him than Jimmy G.

41 TD to 12 INT. Career 94 rating. Not that those are the ultimate stats to determine ability. Not sure how he's seen as "terrible" quite frankly.

mrblitz

Reaction score
they should look for a qb in the draft; someone with a live arm, and a lot of mobility; and a good football iq.

John63

Reaction score
okay, let's compare So first hard to compare as Jimmy G has only played 1 complete Season in his career.

That said I will hit what I can

98.8 passer rating
71 tds
38 ints
1.86 td/int

Now Wilson but only the same numbers And Wilson missed 3 games in his entire career
101.8 passer rating
292 tds
87ints
3.35 td/int

Yeah ahh no.

John63

Reaction score
okay, let's compare So first hard to compare as Jimmy G has only played 1 complete Season in his career.

That said I will hit what I can

98.8 passer rating
71 tds
38 ints
1.86 td/int

Now Wilson but only the same numbers And Wilson missed 3 games in his entire career
101.8 passer rating
292 tds
87ints
3.35 td/int

Yeah ahh no. Add for that you are paying 28 mil a year for jimmy G. In his 5 years with SF he has played 46 out of the 81 games. 28 mil to play 56% of the games.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I would rather trade Russ for draft picks and then go get the best QB in the draft. That does a couple of things. First, it will free up a ton of cap space. Second, as we transition to a new head coach in a year or two there won't be the franchise QB vs. new head coach battle.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
The people who start these idiotic threads were obviously not fans, or perhaps not even born before the Hawks drafted Wilson. We were never in contention, and the only time we were and made it to the superbowl is when we had a HOF Oline and a decent game managing QB.

We will not be in contention for a LONG TIME if we get rid of Wilson. Even if we got lucky and drafted the next mahommes, Carroll will do his best to handicap him and wont build around him. Carroll is past his prime. He lucked out of trouble in USC and got an opportunity to come to an organization with plenty of draft capitol and spending money. He had the inside scoop on players he had scouted in college (OKUNG,ET,SHERMAN,etc).

One of the first horrific moves he made was signing MATT FLYNN, ya know, the 35 million dollar back up quarterback who got owned by a rookie? Pete has always been a mediocre coach and has been saved over and over again by the miraculous talent that is Russell Wilson. Theres no way our franchise wouldve seen 2 Super Bowls, let alone the playoffs, had we stuck with Flynn and didnt get absurdly lucky with Wilson.

IMO Carroll shouldve been axed after he shit away his second super bowl cause he couldnt swallow his pride and let marshawn do his thing. Now we are seeing time and time again, Pete cannot build a complete team because he doesnt have the inside scoop on college talent he once had and pisses away draft picks. This team needs a fresh new set of eyes and concepts(MCVAY COUGH COUGH), Pete BALL has become too predictable and teams can easily exploit our weakness on either side of the ball.

Pete has to go and maybe Schnieder too(other than Metcalf, how many draft picks in the last 5 years are starting? Ill wait)

There needs to be a reset and that definitely doesnt mean you get rid of the most successful QB in franchise history. We will always be a contender with Russell, we just need some competent front office personnel to surround him with some F#$@ING TALENT!

Rant over, time for a Dab 8)

nanomoz

Reaction score
Erm, no.

Let's hope the Niners sink a hundred million into him. Or someone else we don't like.

I'm sure it'll be some hapless team like the Bears, but we can hope.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Dabhawk":3ko3jk3o said:
The people who start these idiotic threads were obviously not fans, or perhaps not even born before the Hawks drafted Wilson. We were never in contention, and the only time we were and made it to the superbowl is when we had a HOF Oline and a decent game managing QB. We will not be in contention for a LONG TIME if we get rid of Wilson. Even if we got lucky and drafted the next mahommes, Carroll will do his best to handicap him and wont build around him. Carroll is past his prime. He lucked out of trouble in USC and got an opportunity to come to an organization with plenty of draft capitol and spending money. He had the inside scoop on players he had scouted in college (OKUNG,ET,SHERMAN,etc).One of the first horrific moves he made was signing MATT FLYNN, ya know, the 35 million dollar back up quarterback who got owned by a rookie? Pete has always been a mediocre coach and has been saved over and over again by the miraculous talent that is Russell Wilson. Theres no way our franchise wouldve seen 2 Super Bowls, let alone the playoffs, had we stuck with Flynn and didnt get absurdly lucky with Wilson. IMO Carroll shouldve been axed after he shit away his second super bowl cause he couldnt swallow his pride and let marshawn do his thing. Now we are seeing time and time again, Pete cannot build a complete team because he doesnt have the inside scoop on college talent he once had and pisses away draft picks. This team needs a fresh new set of eyes and concepts(MCVAY COUGH COUGH), Pete BALL has become too predictable and teams can easily exploit our weakness on either side of the ball.

Pete has to go and maybe Schnieder too(other than Metcalf, how many draft picks in the last 5 years are starting? Ill wait)

There needs to be a reset and that definitely doesnt mean you get rid of the most successful QB in franchise history. We will always be a contender with Russell, we just need some competent front office personnel to surround him with some F#$@ING TALENT!

As a note, you may want to try utilizing paragraphs to make your posts a bit more readable. Otherwise, no one will read the very original content you're posting.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":13ngdf0n said:
Dabhawk":13ngdf0n said:
The people who start these idiotic threads were obviously not fans, or perhaps not even born before the Hawks drafted Wilson. We were never in contention, and the only time we were and made it to the superbowl is when we had a HOF Oline and a decent game managing QB. We will not be in contention for a LONG TIME if we get rid of Wilson. Even if we got lucky and drafted the next mahommes, Carroll will do his best to handicap him and wont build around him. Carroll is past his prime. He lucked out of trouble in USC and got an opportunity to come to an organization with plenty of draft capitol and spending money. He had the inside scoop on players he had scouted in college (OKUNG,ET,SHERMAN,etc).One of the first horrific moves he made was signing MATT FLYNN, ya know, the 35 million dollar back up quarterback who got owned by a rookie? Pete has always been a mediocre coach and has been saved over and over again by the miraculous talent that is Russell Wilson. Theres no way our franchise wouldve seen 2 Super Bowls, let alone the playoffs, had we stuck with Flynn and didnt get absurdly lucky with Wilson. IMO Carroll shouldve been axed after he $h!t away his second super bowl cause he couldnt swallow his pride and let marshawn do his thing. Now we are seeing time and time again, Pete cannot build a complete team because he doesnt have the inside scoop on college talent he once had and pisses away draft picks. This team needs a fresh new set of eyes and concepts(MCVAY COUGH COUGH), Pete BALL has become too predictable and teams can easily exploit our weakness on either side of the ball.

As a note, you may want to try utilizing paragraphs to make your posts a bit more readable. Otherwise, no one will read the very original content you're posting.

Thanks boss, fixed it :irishdrinkers:

Smellyman

Reaction score
Love these posts to see who falls for it.

John has steam coming out of his ears, looking up stats and pounding on his keyboard.

Elemas

Reaction score
I like these funny posts though. Especially the ones who think we can win by trading Russ.

Jimmy G is too big a stretch to fool anyone though!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1g4xnhkx said:
pittpnthrs":1g4xnhkx said:
Maelstrom787":1g4xnhkx said:

I didn't say he was a world beater. Said I'd rather have him than Jimmy G.

41 TD to 12 INT. Career 94 rating. Not that those are the ultimate stats to determine ability. Not sure how he's seen as "terrible" quite frankly.

Not sure I want a guy that struggled for playing time against the likes of Nick Foles, Mike Glennon, and Jalen Hurts. I would take Jimmy over Minshew.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HEY! HEY? I'm still waiting for the punchline to this joke. :rumble:

Latest posts