Given Genos deal what do you want now?

Assume we have Richardson, Levi’s, and Carter at 5. Who do you want?

• Richardson

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • Levi’s

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Carter

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None of the above, trade down

Votes: 30 35.3%

• Total voters

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Assuming we have Levi’s, Richardson and Carter at 5, what to do with the pick?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Well, I'll bet we don't choose a QB there.

& Jalen Carter might be going to jail so......

AgentDib

Reaction score
Still too early to say until we see how Geno's contract is structured.

This could be a one year deal in which we borrowed $16m from each of the next two seasons in the form of a signing bonus. In that case, drafting a rookie QB would still be very likely. It could also be a two year deal in which we borrowed $16m from 2025, or it could be a true three year deal in which case drafting a QB at 5 wouldn't make much sense.

warden

Reaction score
Carter is not going to jail

He is only charged with Misdemeanors

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I would pick Tyree Wilson he can play inside or outside. I like Stroud aswell, although i dont believe Stroud is going to be there at 5. I like Richardson as well but my thing is the player the Hawks choose at five has to be a sure thing IMO AND this team needs pass rush and run stop ability on the edge and middle. What the Hawks dont need is a project at 5 that may or may not work out. I dont believe Richardson is going to even be in the top 10. Just my take.

Last edited:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I would pick Tyree Wilson he can play iside or outside. I like Stroud aswell, although i dont believe Stroud is going to be there at 5. I like Richardson as well but my thing is the player the Hawks choose at five has to be a sure thing IMO AND this team needs pass rush and run stop ability on the edge and middle. What the Hawks dont need is a project at 5 that may or may not work out. Just my take.
Tyree Wilson is no sure thing either. Not saying he would be a bad pick but he is hardly a sure thing.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Carter is not going to jail

He is only charged with Misdemeanors
This may not be the GMs decision.

Any person that has this much heat on them becomes a team owners decision.

Especially, at number 5.

I’m not sure if Carter will be drafted Top 10.

All the details have not been revealed to the public and yes they say misdemeanor for now but all of that can easily change overnight. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carter fell to the teens or 20s.

I like the ceiling that Richardson has. Yes, he’s not NFL ready yet but neither was Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson.

Definitely not saying he’s the next Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, or even Cam Newton but what’s to say that Richardson cannot develop under Carroll and watch Geno Smith for 2 years.

Wouldn’t be a bad plan to transition to Richardson. And Carroll has said that rookie QBs are now more able to play than they were 20 years ago.

And with Richardson’s talents, you could probably design an offense immediately for him to operate under.

All of this saying that Richardson’s completion rate is this and he’s only won this many games, etc. all that means nothing for how he will be under the guidance of Carroll.

This guy is an athletic freak!

If his passing further develops he can be a star. Very similar to Jalen Hurts. It took Hurts only two years and this guy has grown considerably.

Why not take a chance at Richardson?

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Tyree Wilson is no sure thing either. Not saying he would be a bad pick but he is hardly a sure thing.
Wilson is going to be a good player in the Nfl. Richardson is all about potential which is fine but not at 5. I think he is Combine Hype.

massari

Reaction score
Geno is Matt Flynn 2.0, but also 6 years older than Flynn was. They won't pass up a QB if their guy is still on the board, just like when they were going to pick Mahomes and Allen if they fell to them.

JS has talked for years about not being able to add QBs through the draft. He's now finally in a position to do so thanks to the Broncos, and won't get this chance again any time soon

toffee

Reaction score
Definitely draft a QB, unless there's a QB that they really wanted in 2024. In that case, trade #5 for a 1st and 2nd round pick in 2024. In 2024, with two 1st and two 2nd, we can trade up to grab that QB.

u0087966

Reaction score
How many times have the Hawks had such a low pick? Given how deep the draft is for d-line, I would select a QB if PC and JS love one. If there's nothing in a QB they like, then Carter.

#20 can be Kancy or an Edge rusher.
#37 could be Ojulari, Carter (Army), Nolan Smith

I'd take the gamble on AR15 ar 5.

KinesProf

Reaction score
If one of Richardson, Stroud, Young or Anderson is available I'm pulling the trigger.

If not, trade down with whoever wants Levis.

Somos doces

Reaction score
I voted "None of the above," but only because what I want now is some nachos, which has nothing to do with Geno's deal or the team's subsequent wants.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stroud fits this offense well, have to have a guy that can process and distribute that can also throw deep and be accurate. He is the most polished in my book, we won't go small again, we learned and watched the Cardinals learn as well, you have to adjust too much for them.