Geno Smith Interview - "The Pivot"

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Wow, I love Geno.

He owns his life, his choices, who he is, yeah, A++ leader and example.

Great interview, at least the first 15 minutes I've watched. I am not NEARLY as gifted lol, but I can relate to Geno, love it!!

Donn2390

Reaction score
What a great interview..! I've been a Geno fan since he was a Mountaineer and was sorry to see him lose his job due to a locker room fight and never getting another chance.
This interview shows us the guy Pete Carroll sees every day and why he went to great lengths to get him back this year, even though, in many posters mind, he overpaid for a backup guy.
As much as I have admired him, I too was apprehensive about what he will do in the future and do we want to overpay to retain him. Is he, like many in here think, just average at best and just had a lucky year, or is he exceptional and just unlucky for nine years.
I think this interview erases all doubts, he will be a Seahawk for a long time and be hugely successful during that time. Pay the man his money and watch the third year man soar with the hawks. He has the intelligence, the heart, and the ability to do great things for years to come.
His body hasn't been abused, he has taken very few hits while sitting on the bench. He is older, wiser, and vastly more experienced. This year he got his chance and did great things, next year will be even better because now it is his team going in. He has had a year to learn and it's gonna be all up hill from here foreword.
GO HAWKS...! GO GINO...!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
*downhill :) nice post, I hope we can afford him and still also acquire enough big meanies to make a run, I see it. There is a reason I don’t do deals of this magnitude for a living…

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Just realized this was obviously - though a great story and all true and inspirational- a means of selling himself. Geno has earned a contract, I do hope it’s with us.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Wow, I love Geno.

He owns his life, his choices, who he is, yeah, A++ leader and example.

Great interview, at least the first 15 minutes I've watched. I am not NEARLY as gifted lol, but I can relate to Geno, love it!!

I'll see your wow and raise you a holy crap. I just watched the first couple minutes of this, and I'll watch the remainder later.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I see him speak - I keep thinking to myself: You cannot fake this. You just can't.

The video of him signing autographs for kids at the pro bowl. The final interview - both on the field, and his final post-game press conference: "They appreciated me here when others didn't - and I have alot of loyalty because of that to the organization."

After the dip in the second half of the season - which I largely attribute to Munich rattling Pete and changing the way Waldron was calling the offense (dumbing it down and going pete-mode - 3 TE sets anyone? - they went on a milk carton for a month), I questioned for a bit whether he was the 32 million dollar man.

This isn't team 3 finding the latest sick kids hospital and doing the 'i'm just here so i don't get fined' routine. He genuinely loves this, his place, and his time.

It's made me reflect on appreciating both where I 'am', what it took to get here, and just being grateful for the process. Seriously. The guy just keeps punching - doesn't matter. Shit like this really makes me appreciate that sometimes you have to go through some tough crap to pop out on the other side.

Anyhow. I'd ******* adopt the dude if I could. I genuinely hope that they get past this contract (all sources are looking good now!!!!) and that he's our QB until he retires.

He's the epitome of who I used to hire in my company, or at least 3 or 4 of my superstars that worked out. The most important 5 qualities in any employee? Attitude. Attitude. Attitude. Attitude. Attitude.

That is all. Geno for Prez. For real. Sign the Mofo and lets get to the draft and stock up the defense.