Geno lost that game

CactusJack

Reaction score
People are going to blame Geno. But the O-line didn't get it done today. Curhan & Bradford we're awful. Allowing pressure to get to Geno all day. The Receivers did not get a ton of separation as well. He took too many sacks. But the line did not hold up very well. Abe needs to get back ASAP!

LTH

Reaction score
You could put the loss on Pete as well if they would have kicked a FG on the 2nd to last drive instead of going for it on 4th and 8 and then kicked a FG on the last drive they would have won the game.

LTH

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Genos got to dog up and win this game. He did not.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
You could put the loss on Pete as well if they would have kicked a FG on the 2nd to last drive instead of going for it on 4th and 8 and then kicked a FG on the last drive they would have won the game.

LTH
Hindsight is 20/20.

NoGain

Reaction score
People are going to blame Geno. But the O-line didn't get it done today. Curhan & Bradford we're awful. Allowing pressure to get to Geno all day. The Receivers did not get a ton of separation as well.
But Geno was clearly the biggest single reason for the loss. He plays the most important position there is in team sports. He took two sacks inside the 10 yard line on 4th down when it would have been better for him to close his eyes and throw it up for grabs in the endzone. So many missed receivers. Just looked like the game was above his pay grade today.

NoGain

Reaction score

LTH
I thought going for it was the right call. We might never have gotten the ball back.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Geno is very, very good but he held onto the ball too long, took unnecessary sacks, threw two costly picks, and didn't get us a score once in three trips to the end zone. I just don't see a long term answer in him against elite teams. I'd like to be wrong but I just don't see it in him to be the guy.

Last edited:

BChawkfan

Reaction score
This is why Smith has been a backup for most of his career. He cannot stay focused to win.
He looked all out of sort today. He refuses to take steps foward. He'd rather sulk.
That certainly was his game to win...but naw

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Geno is very, very good but he held onto the ball too long, took unnecessary sacks, threw two costly picks, and didn't get us a score once in three trips to the end zone. I just don't see a long term answer in him against elite teams. I'd like to be wrong but I just don't see it.
We have differing definitions of "very very good". He's a middling starting QB and not the future moving forward. He's an upgraded T-Jack. Thats it.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
We have differing definitions of "very very good". He's a middling starting QB and not the future moving forward. He's an upgraded T-Jack. Thats it.
He did throw over thirty touchdowns last season. So I'm willing to call him very, very good as T-Jack only threw fourteen in 2011. Geno is not great though unless he proves himself to be.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Maybe Geno's ankle is still injured. He didn't move around that well today.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
This was 100% on Geno. Geno's got to read those blitzes and get hit his hot receivers. He's got to throw it away when the pocket is collapsing. He CAN NOT turn his back on the play and try to run out the back of the pocket. (This is a bad habit he has to break, even if Russell got away with it his first couple years in the league.)

On the interception in the red zone he threw it into double coverage to a rookie (WTF?) when the two under routes (Parkinson and Walker) we're uncontested. When I saw the play real-time I thought was a delay-screen to Walker and was ready to call 'touchdown!'

And the other interception would have (obviously) been a contested ball, even if Metcalf had kept running.

Bad decisions all around.

That said, Waldron could have helped him out by rolling the pocket or calling some screens to slow the Bengal D from just charging up field.

woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Bummer of a loss. Cincy is a good team though, no shame in a tight game. Our D looked good.

renofox

Reaction score
Geno is very, very good but he held onto the ball too long, took unnecessary sacks, threw two costly picks, and didn't get us a score once in three trips to the end zone. I just don't see a long term answer in him against elite teams. I'd like to be wrong but I just don't see it in him to be the guy.
Yep. Holding the ball, not seeing wide open receivers on too many plays, and running away from protection and into sacks.

O-line wasn't great today but Geno made.them look a lot worse than they actually were.

Reminded me of a former QB.