Game Plan Against 49ers?

getnasty

Reaction score
So on the flip side is SF second half game plan horrible? Does Shanny not know how to finish after a hot start? 2 games they've blown early leads and are very lucky to get one win out of it, with a far more talented team. Wierd

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Better question is, “who here is still surprised by this game plan?”

I’m not. I expect it from Carroll’s philosophy.

I don’t get angry or frustrated anymore.

I just laugh now and think if I’m the opposing team, and I have the lead, I’m running up the score if I can.

Just blow Seattle out. Seattle does not do anything different and you know it.

edogg23

Reaction score
This won’t go over well but it seems like the football is stuck to #3’s hand in the first half unless he has someone wide open. In the second half he seems to let it rip more. Not sure if it’s the game plan or him or what.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The one time that they should have ran the same play as their last play in SB49, they didn't. They had the perfect guy to properly execute that play in DK Metcalf (Lockette's role in the SB play). It probably would have had a different result. Or they could have lined up as they were going to do it and then run something different. I guess it's too complex for this coaching staff to try something like that. For someone who likes risky explosive plays, Pete gets ultra conservative at times. It's very puzzling.

John63

Reaction score
edogg23":3nca692g said:
This won’t go over well but it seems like the football is stuck to #3’s hand in the first half unless he has someone wide open. In the second half he seems to let it rip more. Not sure if it’s the game plan or him or what.

LOl yeah of course it is, or maybe becasue we cant win in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd he has to throw more in the 2nd?

That said lets look

First half 244 attemtps
2nd Half 252 attempts

ahh Stuck? You call 8 more or .5 per game stuck?

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":2y0jy2ty said:
edogg23":2y0jy2ty said:

LOl yeah of course it is, or maybe becasue we cant win in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd he has to throw more in the 2nd?

That said lets look

First half 244 attemtps
2nd Half 252 attempts

He's referring to our quarterback's tendency to hold onto the ball too long until it's time to ratchet up the urgency. I have been saying for weeks that Russ isn't going to get right again until he starts competing with his feet. A few runs always gets his blood flowing and gets him back into rhythm. He'd been in a funk for 4-5 weeks and going with this feet got his urgency going and he stopped looking lost in the pocket.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":1gzfa9so said:
John63":1gzfa9so said:
edogg23":1gzfa9so said:

That said lets look

First half 244 attemtps
2nd Half 252 attempts

He's referring to our quarterback's tendency to hold onto the ball too long until it's time to ratchet up the urgency. I have been saying for weeks that Russ isn't going to get right again until he starts competing with his feet. A few runs always gets his blood flowing and gets him back into rhythm. He'd been in a funk for 4-5 weeks and going with this feet got his urgency going and he stopped looking lost in the pocket.
You're right. My best bud was at the game and said no one was getting open in the first half. In that situation he def needs to start moving.

John63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2rzgi8di said:
Tical21":2rzgi8di said:
John63":2rzgi8di said:
edogg23":2rzgi8di said:

That said lets look

First half 244 attemtps
2nd Half 252 attempts

You're right. My best bud was at the game and said no one was getting open in the first half. In that situation he def needs to start moving.

OR the OC can do their jobs, and game plan people open, or change tempo. The answer to WR not getting open cannot be Wilson needs to move. That is not sustainable, and if that is the only way the WR can get open the Wr and OC need to be fired.

evergreen

Reaction score
Don't forget we were playing the top team in the NFC and maybe the NFL without our first 3 running backs! We all know Russ soften up the D when he starts to run. I agree he needs to run more and earlier. He's smart and he'll be ok. I never considered how it fires him up just as it softens up the D. What ever the results speak for themselves. Hell had that been Julio Jones at the end and he makes it in...