From reading the boards today ---

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
All of you guys have forgotten to mention that Kendricks was out after one or two series. He's our best blitz guy and while Barton may eventually be a fine player he's not yet at the same level as the man he replaced.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1jk7zffh said:
I agree Hawkstorian, there is the seeming fire Pete and get young mentality which has separated themselves from critical reality.

There is no doubt the game this last Sunday sucked when the team had so much riding on the outcome they failed to show up. However, there were a few reasons why that happened and Pete's mysterious coaching blunders didn't help. but there was also the reality of the loss of #1 RB, #3 RB, no starting players at: LT, LG (for most of the game), OC, TE, FS, LCB, LDE, RDE, LDT, and who knows else is nicked up and unable to give 100%.

Rob Staton posted a thoughtful and excellent post at his must read draft blog, it is worth repeating and for a few folks to think a bit about it. Despite being upset about Sunday perhaps justifiably it is important to keep perspective.

Here's the link:

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/a-christma ... mock-draft

Excellent article thanks for posting. I particularly like the following quote which spotlights what his rabbit critics can't grasp .......
The anti-Carroll brigade, mainly based online, is embarrassing. It also shows a distinct lack of understanding that Carroll’s culture, approach and vision is at the absolute core of Seattle’s decade of success.

Football isn’t just about the four quarters on a Sunday. It’s about organizational structure and the way you handle people. Carroll has been an absolute master in harnessing the kind of environment so many teams lack.
........................ Coach Pete Carroll reminds me of another former defensive back who became a head coach. Tom Landry (who was recently included in the NFL network's top 100 presentation) delivered two full decades ..... 20 consecutive years of winning football. Like Pete Carroll, Landry was also hounded by critics who couldn't grasp his concept of team organization and culture.

reinelt12

Reaction score
jammerhawk":101y65ex said:
I agree Hawkstorian, there is the seeming fire Pete and get young mentality which has separated themselves from critical reality.

There is no doubt the game this last Sunday sucked when the team had so much riding on the outcome they failed to show up. However, there were a few reasons why that happened and Pete's mysterious coaching blunders didn't help. but there was also the reality of the loss of #1 RB, #3 RB, no starting players at: LT, LG (for most of the game), OC, TE, FS, LCB, LDE, RDE, LDT, and who knows else is nicked up and unable to give 100%.

Rob Staton posted a thoughtful and excellent post at his must read draft blog, it is worth repeating and for a few folks to think a bit about it. Despite being upset about Sunday perhaps justifiably it is important to keep perspective.

Here's the link:

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/a-christma ... mock-draft

Excellent article!

In a league based on parity, for the Seahawks to have had relative success over a sustained period of time (a lot of division wins, winning seasons, multiple playoff appearances, 2 Super Bowl appearances etc) over the last 10 or so years is frankly incredible... matched (and surpassed) only by the Patriots.

We are very lucky as a fanbase to have had this... no, we haven’t won a Super Bowl every year, but we have won far more games than we have lost, and every year has had some entertainment and excitement... even now with the Lynch signing we have no idea what’s going to happen now.

I’m enjoying the ride... I didn’t enjoy Sunday at all, at 1am (I’m in the UK) I went to bed thinking season over with all the injuries... but you never know what might happen and that’s the fun... let’s not be entitled, let’s back the team and you guys in the stadium on Sunday night make a huge amount of noise and we’ll see what happens!