Fred Jackson + Thomas Rawls (vs C.Michael + R.Turbin)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Kearly pretty much nailed it. I did see one comment about Michael not being able to get on the field in Dallas, which goes along with the microwave expectations of general football fans, but it's only been 3 weeks. Michael may not ever take things seriously enough to become what he should be, but 3 weeks is really pushing it for an NFL playbook.

The 34 year old we acquired would obviously be an exception.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":8cdais8m said:
Rawls reads his blockers adequately, he demonstrated the ability to break tackles and gain yards after contact, he finished runs violently, and he showed excellent ball security. Those are four things Christine has not done in 2+ years in the league.

That is not to say Rawls is guaranteed to be a great RB, as this was only one game against a bad team, but it does show he has certain important qualities that Christine lacks.
This.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Jazzhawk":15g8c33g said:
hawknation2015":15g8c33g said:
Rawls reads his blockers adequately, he demonstrated the ability to break tackles and gain yards after contact, he finished runs violently, and he showed excellent ball security. Those are four things Christine has not done in 2+ years in the league.

That is not to say Rawls is guaranteed to be a great RB, as this was only one game against a bad team, but it does show he has certain important qualities that Christine lacks.
This.

Adequately? In this game, I felt that he was exceptional reading his blocks. Seemed patient and really exploded in the hole. Pushed the pile if need be.We put in a FB and he actually followed him through the hole, which Lynch hasn't consistently done since Mike Rob left. Then playaction got going too. I remember watching the broadcast and remarking that this is real Seahawk football.

I'm not ready to crown him RB1, but he made a big case for getting touches in the future. At this point, I'd be more than comfortable with sitting Lynch this week so he can be fresh for Cinci.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
It feels like Rawls and Fred Jackson have done more in a couple games than C Mike and Turbin has done in all of their seasons here.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
austinslater25":nwsvtmrz said:
I can't get on board with Michael sucked when he ran the ball. I thought he looked very good at times. I still think Michael has a chance to be a star but the team felt it was best to let him go. Rawls did impress me yesterday and we will see how it plays out.

Good post Davidseven

The key words in this statement are the reason he is gone.

Basis4day

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1eynzpbz said:
austinslater25":1eynzpbz said:
I can't get on board with Michael sucked when he ran the ball. I thought he looked very good at times. I still think Michael has a chance to be a star but the team felt it was best to let him go. Rawls did impress me yesterday and we will see how it plays out.

Good post Davidseven

The key words in this statement are the reason he is gone.

There is just so much more involved with being a Running Back than simply running the ball.

andyh64000

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1gi1v3x9 said:
DavidSeven":1gi1v3x9 said:
To be fair, Michael and Turbin never really got the opportunity that Rawls/Jackson had this Sunday. People seem to forget that Turbin once rushed for 108 yards in a single half during his rookie season (albeit against a bad Arizona team that wasn't much better than this Chicago team).

Turbin is severely underrated on this board. He is never going to be a star RB but he was a solid backup. And he most likely would have made this roster over Rawls if he had not gotten injured.

I disagree...Turbin's ceiling was incredibly low. He was good at running in a straight line exactly where the play was designed. I don't think I ever saw him cut back or avoid or run over a defender. Rawls did more in one game than Turbin did his entire tenure here.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I'm delighted to have Jackson and Rawls playing for us. I agree with the poster above that I'm okay with Rawls handling the Lions game if Marshawn needs the rest. i don't fault Rawls for the one drop, but, man, was I excited at the moment to see where he was going to run with that pass and who he was going to run over. That other play he reminded me of a bowling ball and the two bears defenders were like pins he was knocking over. It was awesome.

Latest posts