Fred Jackson involved in accident

mrt144

Reaction score
JSeahawks":282rpmkn said:
I'm not sure who to blame... Did bevell call the wrong route home? Did the o'line fail to road grade in front if him? Maybe Russell was actually driving and too short to see over the dashboard? was cary williams trying to cover the stop dign leaving it wide open? Can one if you smart guys watch the video and let us know?

All bases covered, A++

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
drdiags":119rf8lm said:
Now being reported as not a drag race, just Jackson taking a tight turn at a high speed. Still not smart on his part to be burning rubber out of the parking lot or whatever it was.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/20/reporters-seahawks-player-deny-tmz-drag-race-report/

Not long after TMZ reported that it was a drag race between Seahawks running backs Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch that caused Jackson to wreck his car outside the team facility Tuesday, denials started making their way through the Twitterverse.

Per Tim Graham of the Buffalo News, who knows Jackson well from the veteran’s time with the Bills, Jackson is fine and the initial report from TMZ is wrong. Per Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports, Jackson was going too fast and misjudged “a very tight turn.”

PFT confirmed that Jackson is fine and the incident was the result of an accident, not a drag race.

TMZ, what a bunch of jackasses. Way to verify the story

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2ns7dzyo said:
ringless":2ns7dzyo said:
Apparently there are witnesses.

This is a legitimate question I am about to ask so please don't take offense.

But what makes this incident any less serious than Aldon Smiths DUI and hitting a tree? That pole could have been a person, and he clearly lost control of the vehicle during a sober judgement. They were both equally as dangerous obviously. That pole is no longer standing by the way, the following photo its on the sidewalk.
You're equating drunk driving with speeding while sober?

There is a bit of a difference between drag racing and speeding....

I don't want to get into comparison's, but I'd feel much safer in the car of someone who has had 3 beers in an hour than someone driving 90mph on an arterial street.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":3co752yh said:

But what makes this incident any less serious than Aldon Smiths DUI and hitting a tree? That pole could have been a person, and he clearly lost control of the vehicle during a sober judgement. They were both equally as dangerous obviously. That pole is no longer standing by the way, the following photo its on the sidewalk.

Pfft... Throttle stuck when he tried to exit the parking lot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ringless

Reaction score
Laloosh":340qmigy said:
ringless":340qmigy said:

Pfft... Throttle stuck when he tried to exit the parking lot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I guess we will never know! But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Rocket

Reaction score
Nice to hear it was a muck-raking scumbag doing what much-racking scumbags do.
JOURNALISM IS DEAD !!!!!!
TMZ outta San Fran are they? Ninnie fans I'm sure.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":te32b8ze said:
Laloosh":te32b8ze said:
ringless":te32b8ze said:

I guess we will never know! But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm just kidding, Ringless. Clearly they were being stupid but we'll see how it shakes out. If it were a Niner, I'd rib Marvin until he was ready to punch a baby.

I don't want anything to happen to them but something probably should be done if they were racing. The fan in me says "no harm, no foul", the father in me says "grown men acting like teens... teach them a lesson".

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
ringless":3t22ccq3 said:

Not making excuses...... There are rarely cars on that road.
BUT, my running groups runs to the VMAC and back literally turning back at the entrance.
If it was an hour later? 20-30 runners.
He just missed the Welcome sign w our logo and SB 48 plaque.

ringless

Reaction score
Well the police say no harm no foul so I guess the benefit of the doubt has to be given here.

When the story first came out it seemed much worst but I guess thats how it usually goes. Fair enough

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seahawks are a wreck in more ways than one now......

I would be curious to see what the little black box in the car has to say. Investigators can get all of the data they need from that box now. They can determine how fast you were going, whether you had your foot on the gas or the brakes and all kinds of juicy little tidbits these days. The only question is, how far do they want to take this?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I heard Fred Jackson was trying to get his Vette up to 88 mph to go back in time and fix shit so we'll be 6-0

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34i0yuki said:
Sadly this is one of the better drives the offense has put together recently

You dirty S.O.B.! You just made beer come out of my nostrils!

Chapow

Reaction score
WmHBonney":32fiufyt said:
Seahawks are a wreck in more ways than one now......

I would be curious to see what the little black box in the car has to say. Investigators can get all of the data they need from that box now. They can determine how fast you were going, whether you had your foot on the gas or the brakes and all kinds of juicy little tidbits these days. The only question is, how far do they want to take this?

A dude crashed in to a stop sign. Stuff like this happens every day. I'm guessing the police aren't going to put a whole lot of time and resources in to this.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Depending on which exit he left from, it's either .33 or .24 away from the exit to the start of the turn. so he gets to the turn and brakes, starts to slide and hits that dirt by the "Welcome" sign.
If he was indeed RACING as fast as he could, he'd be going 100 easily in that car. IF he was going that fast, his car would have ended up in the woods. My guess is he was going like 50. No THAT crazy for that area. He just mis judged it.
The yellow arrow is the stop sign he hit next to the "Welcome" sign.
The green arrow is where he stopped.
At REAL excess speeds? He'd be in the woods after blowing through the curb at the green arrow.
He was braking through the sign in the dirt, which he slid, so he wasn't slowing down. He came to a stop in a short distance which tells me he wasn't going over 50.

Attachments

• sea 1.jpg
    sea 1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 567