Frank Clark "Richard Sherman and his era is over here"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lobohawk":x22myut6 said:
As fans, we really need to refrain inferring so much from so little. I know it's in our nature, but w/out being in the locker room we gotta be careful about assuming too much.

This is what everyone told me last year when I said that Sherman's days were numbered because of his outbursts and how terrible his body language looked game to game. He knew he wasn't coming back.

Not in ANY way inferring I'm seeing the same thing with Baldwin............other then IMO he just doesn't look the same. He's far more subdued, aloof and irritated then his usual fired up self.

Again, could be the injuries bumming him out. But then again, as one of the last remaining old locker room leaders, he might not like the changing of the guard and all his buddies leaving.

We shall see.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Baldwin is an uber competitor.

Is it possible his mood and demeanor is effected by the rash of now 3 different injuries this season?

The answer is yes.

His entire career he has missed 2 games. This year he has missed 3 already.

source.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":xm023e6a said:

Is it possible his mood and demeanor is effected by the rash of now 3 different injuries this season?

That's why I said three times now

could be the injuries bumming him out

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3f5q9kls said:
Seymour":3f5q9kls said:

That's why I said three times now

could be the injuries bumming him out

:2thumbs: Great!

Just trying to move you to "probable".

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mzn5a6y said:
Seymour":1mzn5a6y said:
Sgt. Largent":1mzn5a6y said:
Right, year three of four year deal is "renegotiation time" in the NFL, it's when you have one year left and you want to know if you're going to get a new deal...........and I think Doug knows he's not going to get a 3rd contract. Or hell, might even get cut after next year if he continues to have these nagging injuries. His cap hit is 10M in 2020.

But like I said, I don't think he's being a pain in the ass like Sherman and Bennett were last year that helped expedite their departures. But he also doesn't look like he's all in, that's all I'm saying.

To me, "not all in" means you are talking shit about your teammates or coaches to the point it is causing tension and or problems for the team. I just don't see that with Baldwin...but I do wonder about Doug at times I must admit.

Not all in to me is looking like this last night.

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

To be fair, Doug pretty much looks like this all the time............but he wasn't exactly running up and down the sidelines celebrating with his teammates during and after the game.

Just more pensive and solemn than usual. Could just be he's bummed that he's not playing, but IMO it's more than that.

We'll see. What I do know is we need him, so I'm just fine with resting his ass for another week or two so he's as healthy as he can be going into the playoffs. No need to keep rushing him back early with both knee and now a groin issue.

I'm sure he was just frustrated that he couldn't be out there to help his team. With that said however, I wouldn't be happy wearing that green sweatshirt either :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":2pi1qyhu said:
I'm sure he was just frustrated that he couldn't be out there to help his team. With that said however, I wouldn't be happy wearing that green sweatshirt either :pukeface:

Lol, good point.

When did we let 13 year old girls choose our alternate color scheme. Atrocious.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":5b3i9qpa said:
Has Sherman responded anywhere to Clark's comments yet?

I doubt Sherman is really up to challenging Clark with his usual smart azz comment. Clark meeting Sherm before or after the game would not go well for Sherman. Sherman is a classic big mouth bully and IMO Clark is not the type of guy to just blow it off.

StoneCold

Reaction score
JGreen79":2s7z8aky said:
Sgt. Largent":2s7z8aky said:
Seymour":2s7z8aky said:
Sgt. Largent":2s7z8aky said:
Right, year three of four year deal is "renegotiation time" in the NFL, it's when you have one year left and you want to know if you're going to get a new deal...........and I think Doug knows he's not going to get a 3rd contract. Or hell, might even get cut after next year if he continues to have these nagging injuries. His cap hit is 10M in 2020.

But like I said, I don't think he's being a pain in the ass like Sherman and Bennett were last year that helped expedite their departures. But he also doesn't look like he's all in, that's all I'm saying.

To me, "not all in" means you are talking shit about your teammates or coaches to the point it is causing tension and or problems for the team. I just don't see that with Baldwin...but I do wonder about Doug at times I must admit.

Not all in to me is looking like this last night.

DuHcR VWkAEp31E

To be fair, Doug pretty much looks like this all the time............but he wasn't exactly running up and down the sidelines celebrating with his teammates during and after the game.

Just more pensive and solemn than usual. Could just be he's bummed that he's not playing, but IMO it's more than that.

We'll see. What I do know is we need him, so I'm just fine with resting his ass for another week or two so he's as healthy as he can be going into the playoffs. No need to keep rushing him back early with both knee and now a groin issue.

The way I look ay it is... If he's not all in there why is he up standing next to the OC? He's a huge competitor, has been injured all year, the offense was garbage last night, and like Seymour said he's ADB for a reason.

Jeezo guys, he's injured and watching a game that was 3- 0 for 45 minutes. ADB is fine, though I agree he is unlikely to be here next year, but not because of having a Sherman vibe. He's getting old and pricey. I will wish him well.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
TreeRon":2h9d0id7 said:
Floridahawk79":2h9d0id7 said:
Has Sherman responded anywhere to Clark's comments yet?

I doubt Sherman is really up to challenging Clark with his usual smart azz comment. Clark meeting Sherm before or after the game would not go well for Sherman. Sherman is a classic big mouth bully and IMO Clark is not the type of guy to just blow it off.

Too many people give Sherman too much credit for being smart.

original.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":1dmpxy6k said:
Jeezo guys, he's injured and watching a game that was 3- 0 for 45 minutes. ADB is fine, though I agree he is unlikely to be here next year, but not because of having a Sherman vibe. He's getting old and pricey. I will wish him well.

Doug's dead cap hit is 6.2M next year, so I don't see him going anywhere in 2019. But if he continues to battle injuries and production goes down, then yeah I can see him being cut next off season.

But Doug's a bad ass, so I have no doubt he'll get his health right, come back and hopefully ball out next year and make our decision as tough as possible to keep him.

Just hope he and the trainers can get him even 80% for the playoffs. We saw last night what good defenses are going to do with our receivers with no Doug, double team and bracket Tyler and put eight in the box to stop the run.

We need Doug.

Seahawker

Reaction score
2_0_6":xw0p4slj said:
Frank, Bobby and Russ are all the type of leaders that Sherm could never be.

Yeah, this Griffin/Flowers/Coleman thing is working out nicely in the early stages.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
It's amazing how much focus there is on Sherman's off-the-field remarks. For years, he was one of the best corners in the league. In my book, he will always be one of the best Seahawk players ever. I don't really give a crap what Sherman says to the media these days. I was more disappointed he chose to go play for the 49ers. But he's moved on and we need to also.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It's second and goal at the ten with 14:33 left in a 3-0 game. Carson has just been stopped for no gain. I know the look on my face wasn't much different at the time, and I'm not even on the field, much less having to stand on the sideline despite being Russ's #1 target in that situation.

That's the face of a man who is driven and focused. Who is that over ADB's right shoulder? Is he also a pissed off malcontent? He has a very similar look on his face.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Tusc2000":16a6zxay said:
It's amazing how much focus there is on Sherman's off-the-field remarks. For years, he was one of the best corners in the league. In my book, he will always be one of the best Seahawk players ever. I don't really give a crap what Sherman says to the media these days. I was more disappointed he chose to go play for the 49ers. But he's moved on and we need to also.

As long as Sherman is taking shots at our team and Wilson, he hasn't moved on. And I suspect he'll take that grudge into retirement with him personally.

Sherman hasn't lost his way though, he never knew it. It's about the team, not "me".

hawks85

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3e9qcdub said:
Yep, Sherman needs to just shut up and worry about his own dumpster fire of team down in San Francisco.

But he won't. Cause it's physically impossible for him not to run his mouth.
I couldnt stand sherman. I am so happy that guy isnt here anymore. The guy never shuts up.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
I could've sworn Richard Sherman helped the "bottom of the barrell, team that nobody cares about that plays in a city nobody cares about" (at that time) Seattle Seahawks make back to back Super Bowl appearances. And win their sole championship.

Did you guys forget or......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2l38swmq said:
Seymour":2l38swmq said:
Sgt. Largent":2l38swmq said:
Seymour":2l38swmq said:
Baldwin is not a locker room problem IMO. Yes, he still is opinionated and has a big mouth at times, but he is a team player IMO. This surprises me. Baldwin even shoved Cable away in one sideline episode that he was letting Russ have his say with the Oline last year. He surely doesn't hate Russell like Sherman either.

Baldwin does seem different this year, and it's not just because he's frustrated with his injury.

He kinda has that distant "I know I'm not getting a new contract so I'm gonna be standoffish and petulant" demeanor going on........what with agreeing with Richard two weeks ago, etc.

Everyone else is 100% in, and Doug doesn't seem like he is right now.

Not that he's affecting the team, he's still conducting himself professionally. But IMO he's not all in either, because again I think there's some underlying thing going on with his tenure here coming to an end.

Damn....pretty surprised to see you on that side here? Could be I suppose, but he is only in year 2 of a 4 year deal. He doesn't need a contract right now anyway.

Baldwin and Sherm go clear back to college together, so I have no issue with his comment. It really was a shitting thing to do and we could use Sherman. That does NOT mean it wasn't necessary though. I think Baldwin was talking about what Sherm did for the team and the injury side being shitty to let go then.

I'll take it 1 step further. I bet Schnieder and Pete would admit it was a shitty thing to do. But it's part if their job and was necessary.

Kind of hard to be “all in”’when you’ve been hurt pretty much all season.
IMHO you are letting your hatred of Sherm cloud your opinion on Angry Doug becuase they are still friends.
2 entirely different people and personalities, one is not married to the other.