Fox Sports total disrespect to Seattle

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Pick6":1q473ip4 said:
I'm okay when analysts say that Seattle might not win the division, but to have two think the team is not top ten in the league? I thought Fox Sports would be a lot better than ESPN, so far its nothing but disappointment.

[youtube]JzzBakoaJcE[/youtube]

The Schrager guy has the team finishing third in the division.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pres ... owl-083013

Schrager is a moron. He picks us third now eh? Here's what he said in February:

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid= ... epermalink

And of course, who could forget this:

[youtube]SpD09ymv3dw[/youtube]

He is a draftnik's version of Skip Bayless.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Maybe I wouldn't hate shraeger as much if he wasn't so blovious and pompous when he talks acting like he's the king of the world (sorta like skip bayless) but I have never heard someone before who hated the Irvin, Wagner, and Russell picks. At least Skip Bayless liked Bruce Irvin

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fox Sports may be dissin' us, but NFL.com isn't. I just looked at the NFL.com homepage, and side by side taking up most of what you see before you start scrolling down, they show two rookie QBs on either side of Russell Wilson, talking about young stars. Then, immediately to the right, you have a big pic of Cam Newton with them telling you NOT to start him in week one because he's going to have a bad day against Seattle's defense.

I'm trying not to smirk, but I'm only being partially successful.

ydys.png

las vegas hawkfan

Reaction score
hello my fellow seahawks fans 1st time posting!! all i got to say is NO WORRIES!!! let the speaking on the field do our talking!! Go Hawks!!!!!!!!

Jville

Reaction score
Its not about respect or disrespect.
Its about location ... location ... location.
Its about whose ..... who.
West coast offices for Fox Sports, ESPN, NFL network are in Los Angeles. Thats California ..... not Washington.
California matters because it dominates as the 800 pound Gorilla of the West.

Here is the cast from NFL AM as aired by the official NFL network.
NFLN CP NFLAM
The woman on the left has disclosed many times her fondness for the 49ers and the influence of her producer's huge enthusiasm as a 49er fan. The man to her left (your right) has historic ties to the 49ers. Next on his left (screens right) is a man who went on a relentless multi-year rant of hatred toward Pete Carroll over the USC fallout when Carroll left that school for a commitment to the Seahawks. The man on the screens far right (who at times seems uncomfortable with this lopsided lineup) is a former 49er player and current game day commentator for the 49ers. This is a stacked lineup on the AM morning show.

There are other unplesant influences such as the relentless on camera history of hate for the Seahawks by Marshall Faulk. A hatred triggered by Mike Holmgren teams which displaced and ended the Rams era of the "greatest show on turf". Network coverage is characterised by bias. That bias is sanctioned by the NFL via their own example setting network. NFL product, as they put it, is a biased product.

What national media sells is melodrama. Dictating the direction and content of that melodrama is the business of national networks. Gorrillas run the national show. Fox Sports will fall in line with other networks. The only real options for the rest of us are local. Only a social earthquake has the power to change this status quo. The Seahawks seem to have few if any embedded friends at the networks. Its just the way things are folks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Schrager is only going against the grain because he's on a new network and he's trying to generate some buzz. He picked us to win it all in Feb, but that was when everyone was kinda starting to be on the bandwagon.

Now, almost everyone is on the bandwagon, so he's going the other way. It's just a Skip Bayless way of getting ratings.

As for the draft grades, he wasn't the only one giving us a D. There were F's out there. Funny, but this last draft, I was less than enthused with...yet all the analysts gave us good grades. We can laugh at them now, as John and Pete have made them look so bad that now they give us good grades and they don't even know why or understand the pick; they're just afraid of being clowned by our FO again. I've ever seen that either and it's tremendously funny to me.

I'll be honest, I've never seen this much coverage of a Seahawks team, outside the 2 weeks before SB XL (and we were totally overshadowed by the Steelers). We lost in the divisional round. I don't remember a team in the last 10 years that lost in the divisional round and generated this much buzz. Quit taking it so personal.

If we had gone to the SB (like the 49ers) and lost, having the 2nd best divisional record (we were 3-3...not that impressive), and split with our new division rival, yet all the media was on the upstart team, most of our fan base would be screaming bloody murder...pulling out hair, wailing, gnashing of teeth. It would be Old Testamant style mourning going on.

Please stop with the disrespect threads already. It really does make us look like a whiny, p**sy fan base.