For all of you RW weight watchers...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":p7rw99w4 said:
scutterhawk":p7rw99w4 said:
Largent80":p7rw99w4 said:
I simply do NOT understand how some people can not understand that the Seahawks had 3 and maybe 4 rookies starting on the O-Line.

Do you need a sledgehammer applied to your head?

Pissing Match Much?

REALITY much?
You wouldn't know "Reality" if it Sledgehammered you in the head.

titan3131

Reaction score
To start we are going to red pill the masses on what body fat %’s look like. For men the below is the most accurate representation of what bodies tend to look like at specific percentages.

percentage pics men women body fat percentage men

It will vary a bit from genetics but typically someone will not have Defined abdominal muscles till around 12%. Most of the public (males) are 16% +, honestly 20% is average nowadays (too much obesity RIP human race). So first we are going to knock off this 4-6% body fat myth. ITS BULLSH*T talk from media types who are raving about a players conditioning, whatever year it was they were saying Danielle hunter was 6% at the combine doing all of the tests. Absolute bull, the only realistic way to get that low in Body fat is extensive prep and and or drugs that a professional bodybuilder would use (Diuretics) there is no way that someone doing that style of prep would be able to perform explosively. Granted Hunter looked great but he was more around 8-9% body fat. No one on earth in a 1st world country without some kind of disorder or health issue is 4% body fat. It is incredibly dangerous and harsh on your body and IMPOSSIBLE TO MAINTAIN.

So now with that out of the way we should look at Russell At the combine. He weighed 204 and looks the leanest you will probably find in pictures/video that isn’t a photoshopped magazine cover.

Using a Fatfreemass indicator (FFMI) calculator http://www.naturalphysiques.com/28/fat- ... index-ffmi

A FFMI is a number that has been averaged over for natural bodytypes to realize the maximum amount of Lean mass their body can hold without drugs( <25 is natural( (>25 is enhanced.) This tells us the maximum amount of Lean mass someone can have on their frame.

Using the Calculator we put in his height 5’11” (were going to be generous and give him that extra bit – technically 5’10 5/8 I believe), his combine weight, and my educated guess of his body fat % which at the combine I am guessing 14%. This gives us 24.6 FFMI which is right below the threshold of FFMI 25 (above this is considered Drug enhanced) RW was in the best shape of his life at the combine and with these numbers it proves it.

Hashing out the math gives us a Lean mass of 176 lbs and a fat mass of 28 lbs; at his best shape of his life.

So now that we have established his best shape of his life we can look at this not terrible picture from march 9th of 2016
Ciara Russell Wilsont March 2016 BellaNaija0004

Again we will be generous and say he maintained all of his lean mass, and only gained fat say 10 lbs. First you need to know when you run its 7x your weight on your joints, so even 10 measly lbs is 70 lbs of pressure + impact on your joints per step, that can add up quickly towards injuries – spiraling worse if even more weight.

Staying on target say he is 214 – same Lean mass 176 that means he has 37 lbs of fat and is about 18% bodyfat in this picture.

Compared to Hawaii picture last year – or the Tennis picture this year he looks to have gained even more body fat, His pecs have gone from shapely to dadbod manboob-shape. He has lost his bicep vein, his vascularity is GONE.

This article says he planned to start last season weighing 212lbs.
http://www.stack.com/a/how-did-russell- ... ing-jacked

The article says he didn’t achieve that goal so he probably played around 220 ish. Meaning he probably in his worst shape is around 230. With the recent Tennis picture I believe its safe to say he is around mid 230’s. His body is pure sloppy atm and this trend has been a THING since Ciara came into his life. Whether you like it or not that is a fact.

Currently if his weight is 230 as I believe it is he is about 22% bodyfat with 50 lbs of fat and 180 LBM.

-Side note on Kapernick - He lost 20 lbs and cant put it back on because he switched to being a vegan and is not getting enough protein. Without proper protein you cannot maintain maximum lean body mass.

Seymour

Reaction score
Very good write up Titan. Sad that there are those that will call anyone not buying all the hype as 100% fact haters, when they are just presenting a view different than theirs. Russell Wilson is my favorite Seahawk, I have defended him and even Anthony (who turns on anyone that says something he doesn't like to hear), many times. That does not mean I will turn a blind eye to what I see, and that I won't point out discrepancies that I see being posted.

Bottom line, I'll wait till the season starts and observe. If he is slow, face is chubby, having trouble with touch passes, and getting run down by D linemen, then we know where that leads, and the hype was just that.

titan3131

Reaction score
Seymour":1p6u5f7d said:
Very good write up Titan. Sad that there are those that will call anyone not buying all the hype as 100% fact haters, when they are just presenting a view different than theirs. Russell Wilson is my favorite Seahawk, I have defended him and even Anthony (who turns on anyone that says something he doesn't like to hear), many times. That does not mean I will turn a blind eye to what I see, and that I won't point out discrepancies that I see being posted.

Bottom line, I'll wait till the season starts and observe. If he is slow, face is chubby, having trouble with touch passes, and getting run down by D linemen, then we know where that leads, and the hype was just that.

I'm in the same boat man. Appreciate Your comments, and I'm praying for Russell and hoping for another Lombardi.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
titan3131":1kfcizlx said:
To start we are going to red pill the masses on what body fat %’s look like. For men the below is the most accurate representation of what bodies tend to look like at specific percentages.

percentage pics men women body fat percentage men

It will vary a bit from genetics but typically someone will not have Defined abdominal muscles till around 12%. Most of the public (males) are 16% +, honestly 20% is average nowadays (too much obesity RIP human race). So first we are going to knock off this 4-6% body fat myth. ITS BULLSH*T talk from media types who are raving about a players conditioning, whatever year it was they were saying Danielle hunter was 6% at the combine doing all of the tests. Absolute bull, the only realistic way to get that low in Body fat is extensive prep and and or drugs that a professional bodybuilder would use (Diuretics) there is no way that someone doing that style of prep would be able to perform explosively. Granted Hunter looked great but he was more around 8-9% body fat. No one on earth in a 1st world country without some kind of disorder or health issue is 4% body fat. It is incredibly dangerous and harsh on your body and IMPOSSIBLE TO MAINTAIN.

So now with that out of the way we should look at Russell At the combine. He weighed 204 and looks the leanest you will probably find in pictures/video that isn’t a photoshopped magazine cover.

Using a Fatfreemass indicator (FFMI) calculator http://www.naturalphysiques.com/28/fat- ... index-ffmi

A FFMI is a number that has been averaged over for natural bodytypes to realize the maximum amount of Lean mass their body can hold without drugs( <25 is natural( (>25 is enhanced.) This tells us the maximum amount of Lean mass someone can have on their frame.

Using the Calculator we put in his height 5’11” (were going to be generous and give him that extra bit – technically 5’10 5/8 I believe), his combine weight, and my educated guess of his body fat % which at the combine I am guessing 14%. This gives us 24.6 FFMI which is right below the threshold of FFMI 25 (above this is considered Drug enhanced) RW was in the best shape of his life at the combine and with these numbers it proves it.

Hashing out the math gives us a Lean mass of 176 lbs and a fat mass of 28 lbs; at his best shape of his life.

So now that we have established his best shape of his life we can look at this not terrible picture from march 9th of 2016
Ciara Russell Wilsont March 2016 BellaNaija0004

Again we will be generous and say he maintained all of his lean mass, and only gained fat say 10 lbs. First you need to know when you run its 7x your weight on your joints, so even 10 measly lbs is 70 lbs of pressure + impact on your joints per step, that can add up quickly towards injuries – spiraling worse if even more weight.

Staying on target say he is 214 – same Lean mass 176 that means he has 37 lbs of fat and is about 18% bodyfat in this picture.

Compared to Hawaii picture last year – or the Tennis picture this year he looks to have gained even more body fat, His pecs have gone from shapely to dadbod manboob-shape. He has lost his bicep vein, his vascularity is GONE.

This article says he planned to start last season weighing 212lbs.
http://www.stack.com/a/how-did-russell- ... ing-jacked

The article says he didn’t achieve that goal so he probably played around 220 ish. Meaning he probably in his worst shape is around 230. With the recent Tennis picture I believe its safe to say he is around mid 230’s. His body is pure sloppy atm and this trend has been a THING since Ciara came into his life. Whether you like it or not that is a fact.

Currently if his weight is 230 as I believe it is he is about 22% bodyfat with 50 lbs of fat and 180 LBM.

-Side note on Kapernick - He lost 20 lbs and cant put it back on because he switched to being a vegan and is not getting enough protein. Without proper protein you cannot maintain maximum lean body mass.
Great post..I will add that besides Anthony we all agree RW gained weight that wasn't good for him last year.
How he gained the weight really doesn't matter but he was clearly slower running and passing.
He is not going to be a Tom Brady as he cannot see over the line to throw blitz beating slants.
He needs to be able to run to overcome being short and handling the ball too long due to sight limits.
I like RW but I'm not going to deny what I clearly see him doing on the field so deal with it.

titan3131

Reaction score
The issue is people claiming he gained muscle and if you say otherwise you are ignorant.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1rpqzpz7 said:
Sgt. Largent":1rpqzpz7 said:
Anthony!":1rpqzpz7 said:
The point was and is if we have a good oline then he doe snot need his speed as much. He may have used it in the past and especially here, but a good oline makes that need significantly less.

Ahh, so we're discussing hypotheticals then, and not reality.
It's NOT a "Hypothetical" >>>A top 5 Quarterback gets hurt because his very GREEN and inexperienced O-Line screws the pooch early in their DEVELOPMENTAL season, are one of the League's WORST....THAT is your "Reality"

You just agreed with me. Thanks.

Instead of discussing bad comparisons like Russell and Roethlesberger, lets stay grounded in reality. The reality is our line is terrible, like all time franchise terrible. So UNTIL that changes, then the fact is Russell DOES need his quickness and allusiveness to not only be effective against good defenses, he needs it to stay alive playing behind this horrific line.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
titan3131":17wzlmbd said:
The issue is people claiming he gained muscle and if you say otherwise you are ignorant.
That is one of the issue(s) and it turned into other stuff like OL to deny he was slower..I think he was fatter due to more money to eat great food and doing his new married life.That is what $21 million does..Need to have the eye of the tiger and be hungry.

nash72

Reaction score
semiahmoo":143v6h9k said:
I'll go a step further here. If RW doesn't have a strong bounce-back season, his time as a top tier QB could be over. He's not going to get any faster, or any taller, and doesn't appear to have the mental capacity to elevate his game much further.

I hope that's not the case, but another season like last season (or worse) is going to really set him back.

Not to switch subjects of this thread, but this is where coaching comes in. If the line isn't blocking and we cant run the ball, then you have to throw that scheme and philosophy out the window. It happened in the 2nd half or 2015, but never happened when it needed to last season when things were even worse. RW was hurt and they were still running the read option knowing he couldn't run. Frustrating.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RW put on too much weight. He said he was trying to bulk up. Some media the year prior said he was trying to slim down for more speed. The end result is he showed up to Training Camp last season too big/fat. Some of was muscle, a lot of it wasn't. He was slower. His throws had lost some zip and more importantly, accuracy.

The cause of that? Who knows.

It likely contributed to him not getting away from pressure like he used to and thus, injuries.

Titan's post pretty much pinpointed how the whole "He gained all muscle" is ludicrous. No, he got fat. I say too fat. Others are welcome to disagree. He's pushing up on 30. It's gonna get tough to keep the weight off, a situation compounded by his short 5'9 frame. (He's not 5'11 as listed. No way.)

He was a great athlete. The extra pounds make him less great. On some days, not even good.

Now all of that might be secondary to his inability to read coverage as fast/well as he should be doing by this point in his career. I recall Brock Huard speaking to that very issue last season.

RW had some good seasons. Last season was not one of them. The question is if he is going to follow that up with a second consecutive bad season, or bounce back.

We'll get a better idea of that in about six months.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People just love to get on Russ about anything and everything. Dude could come in looking like he should be on a muscle magazine, and people would find reason to criticize him.

And on another note, in what world is Russell flippen Wilson NOT hungry to win? This is one of the most competitive players the team has ever had. :roll:
He did pretty well behind one of the most pathetic O Lines in the league, if not THE worst. I look forward to reading that he threw an interception in a game because he's married, or fat etc...... :?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
titan3131":8lqyiz7c said:

He did gain LBM if his weight went up; it's always a matter of stimulus/recovery that changes the percentage that is LMB or fat added. Unless he's some kind of freakish genetic anomaly outside of being a freak genetic athlete specimen.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3v77r3h5 said:
People just love to get on Russ about anything and everything. Dude could come in looking like he should be on a muscle magazine, and people would find reason to criticize him.

And on another note, in what world is Russell flippen Wilson NOT hungry to win? This is one of the most competitive players the team has ever had. :roll:
He did pretty well behind one of the most pathetic O Lines in the league, if not THE worst. I look forward to reading that he threw an interception in a game because he's married, or fat etc...... :?

It's hard to find things to complain about with the guy. Maybe that human centipede picture his wife made him take. Dude.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a photo, has nothing to do with football. So he's strange, cool. The league is full of weirdo's :mrgreen:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Whatever Wilson does this year, I hope he gets whatever needs to be fixed. Last year he was told to put on more pounds from his trainer, fat or muscle it didn't matter but it did affect him in one way or another.

Wilson getting injured was unlucky, even though his oline was in the bottom half of ranking I won't fault them for the Wilson's injury and I'm pretty sure Wilson wouldn't either.

Think about this for a moment, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr, and Tony Romo all had a better Oline than Wilson, yet all of them were hurt, but Wilson played the whole season. I'll say thank good for the so called fat he gained cause if he was any leaner he might of been carted off the field.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2eu77o9f said:
Whatever Wilson does this year, I hope he gets whatever needs to be fixed. Last year he was told to put on more pounds from his trainer, fat or muscle it didn't matter but it did affect him in one way or another.

Wilson getting injured was unlucky, even though his oline was in the bottom half of ranking I won't fault them for the Wilson's injury and I'm pretty sure Wilson wouldn't either.

Think about this for a moment, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr, and Tony Romo all had a better Oline than Wilson, yet all of them were hurt, but Wilson played the whole season. I'll say thank good for the so called fat he gained cause if he was any leaner he might of been carted off the field.
And I think playing that whole season shows his toughness and adds to his lore.

And I've said it before that I think he'll take a great deal of experience out of last season, primarily pocket awareness and getting the ball out of his hands more quickly. This will help him better mix up the rhythm and tempo of the game in the future to disrupt a defense by keeping it off-balance. He became a more complete quarterback from what he learned last season.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3sqcc4za said:

Or he doesn't get caught and twist that knee. I get your point, though. Fact is, RW was "off" last season more than just being slow. He overthrew and underthrew way too much. Then again, the whole team, from PC on down, felt off last year as well.

Hoping for better things all around this season.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
penihawk":3mqpbpw9 said:
This is an entertaining yet pointless discussion. Let me take a stab at a Q & A session on whats been thrown out so far.

Q: Was RW slower last year due to packing on more weight/muscle mass? A: Without a doubt

Q: Does our O-line suck and have to improve? A: Yes but they have sucked since RW has been here and that is easier said than done in the salary cap era and college football prospects not being NFL readied anymore due to the spread.

Q: Was it the O-lines fault that Wilson got hurt? Maybe but I would argue his lack of speed led to him being caught from behind in an awkward position. A: Was Romo getting awkwardly hit and hurt scrambling the fault of Dallas' all world line? Remember how great said Dallas line looked 2 years ago with a hurt qb and decimated backfield?

Q: What does Roethlisberger have in common with RW? A: Nothing! He is 6' 5" 240 and defenders drip off the guy. He also can see over the line at all times standing in a crowded pocket. For those that are still in denial that RW's height is an issue when there are not clean throwing lanes, I got nothing for ya. It's an issue and always will be.

Q: Is Dak better than RW? A: Well, he was last year but..... Lets see what hapens this year and beyond to make that determination. The league has a year of tape to work off now and I remember RGIII and Cam's fall in a seasons time. He does have the luxury of above avg players throughout the offense to help him succeed tho.

Q: Do we need to worry about RW'S commitment to working hard and being great? A: He has become a bit more GQ & an attention whore the last few years since the Ciara upgrade. However I still think he knows what he needs to do to be better this year and football is his first love.

Q: Will our offense be better this year? A: YES but only if all the parts stay healthy. Everybody forgets the biggest missing piece of the run-game last year was RW. As great as Lynch was, it was defenses having to have a defender account for RW that made our running so effective.

RW will be ready and in shape this year. He does however have to play better than the previous year or two. Good play,health and a bit of luck along the way are what makes champions. Only time will tell. :D

I agree with most of this however the days of the read option and Wilson's running the football are over for the most part . He will scramble when he has to and to create but it won't be a focal point of the offense the way it was a couple years ago. This is in response to the last Q: I would add Lynch was integral to the Seahawks winning a SuperBowl.

Smellyman

Reaction score
semiahmoo":88g3bil7 said:
theincrediblesok":88g3bil7 said:

Or he doesn't get caught and twist that knee. I get your point, though. Fact is, RW was "off" last season more than just being slow. He overthrew and underthrew way too much. Then again, the whole team, from PC on down, felt off last year as well.

Or he got a high ankle sprain first game of the year. He was never healthy all year

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Smellyman":mmg1t16q said:
semiahmoo":mmg1t16q said:
theincrediblesok":mmg1t16q said:

Or he got a high ankle sprain first game of the year. He was never healthy all year

He was slower during Training Camp. Mediocre during preseason. Thus, off all year, before, during, and after the injuries.

He needs to rebound this season or the doubt in his own head is gonna multiply big time.