For all of you RW weight watchers...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":of5injaq said:
scutterhawk":of5injaq said:
Sgt. Largent":of5injaq said:
Anthony!":of5injaq said:
The point was and is if we have a good oline then he doe snot need his speed as much. He may have used it in the past and especially here, but a good oline makes that need significantly less.

Ahh, so we're discussing hypotheticals then, and not reality.
It's NOT a "Hypothetical" >>>A top 5 Quarterback gets hurt because his very GREEN and inexperienced O-Line screws the pooch early in their DEVELOPMENTAL season, are one of the League's WORST....THAT is your "Reality"

It actually IS a reality. When you have 3 "rookies" playing o-line and one lineman starting a new position, it isn't screwing the pooch. It's called trial by fire. throwing newbies into a position they have never seen is a big deal no matter how much YOU want to minimize it.

It IS reality. The good part, is they gained valuable experience from it, and will improve.

I've "MINIMIZED" nothing; What I pointed out, was the reality... Their lack of experience was the primary reason their Quarterback had gotten injured......I do agree that they Should (hypothetical) be somewhat better from having most of their inexperience's behind them, hopefully, some continuity will come into play.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3nucyt9k said:
I simply do NOT understand how some people can not understand that the Seahawks had 3 and maybe 4 rookies starting on the O-Line.

Do you need a sledgehammer applied to your head?

Pissing Match Much?

Largent80

Reaction score
scutterhawk":24jccqmu said:
Largent80":24jccqmu said:
I simply do NOT understand how some people can not understand that the Seahawks had 3 and maybe 4 rookies starting on the O-Line.

Do you need a sledgehammer applied to your head?

Pissing Match Much?

REALITY much?

Chapow

Reaction score
titan3131":25hobdrw said:
Denying fat Russell last year and current shape is the same level as being a flat earth truther.

Not knowing the difference between muscle mass and fat is on the same level as not knowing the difference between apples and chairs.

titan3131

Reaction score
Chapow":1p3yyv5o said:
titan3131":1p3yyv5o said:
Denying fat Russell last year and current shape is the same level as being a flat earth truther.

Not knowing the difference between muscle mass and fat is on the same level as not knowing the difference between apples and chairs.

I know the difference, I work with clients getting them the best body composition possible. I can eyeball a bodyfat % unlike most nonathletic types who believe that there ever has been an NFL athlete at 4% Body fat.

penihawk

Reaction score
I would tend to think it was total buzzards luck that Suh stepped on his foot like that. Was the line young and inexperienced and have a rough day vs a good veteran DL? Yes sir!

Seymour

Reaction score
titan3131":89roo3xc said:
Chapow":89roo3xc said:
titan3131":89roo3xc said:

I know the difference, I work with clients getting them the best body composition possible. I can eyeball a bodyfat % unlike most of you normies who believe that there ever has been an NFL athlete at 4% Body fat.

Finally someone talking body fat. What would you guess his body fat at the start of 2016 season? Russell is going to struggle with weight IMO. This is from 2015 when he was attempting to slim down to beat the rush.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10...lson-seattle-seahawks-offensive-line-problems

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that Wilson is focusing on shedding pounds and improving his speed as a way to combat the additional pressure he's facing in the pocket this season. The Seahawks offensive line has been a much-maligned unit under head coach Pete Carroll for the last several years, but it appears to be worse than ever through the first four weeks of the 2015 campaign.

Then all of the sudden he is trying to gain weight in 2016 for the same reason??

Or....was he doing a quick attempt to cover for the weight he picked up by posting workouts as a pre-emptive strike to criticism?

chris98251

Reaction score
young-kirstie-alley-in-underwear-photo-u1.jpg

I am not fat, just put on muscle mass.

Kirstiealley fatactress 2

Anthony!

Reaction score
titan3131":3e1jn42x said:
Chapow":3e1jn42x said:
titan3131":3e1jn42x said:

I know the difference, I work with clients getting them the best body composition possible. I can eyeball a bodyfat % unlike most nonathletic types who believe that there ever has been an NFL athlete at 4% Body fat.

LOL funny how everyone becomes an expert when it comes to defending a position that can't be defended by facts

lobohawk

Reaction score
penihawk":x4b6hc4v said:
Thanks. I totally agree with your post. To elaborate even further on Brady. He is one of the greatest anticipatory passers of all time. I think this is one of the skills RW is still lacking. I would even venture to say it makes his line look bad at times while Brady's expertise at trusting it and getting it out quick & on time makes his o-line appear better than they really are.

It's as much scheme as anything else for Brady and he admitted it. Stating that he knew who was going to be open even before the play would run (not the pre-snap read part, but play design). That's coach Belichick's influence. Didn't help so much when they played the Hawks last year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
So let me summarize

Some say RW was fat but cant prove it, so now they are an expert on body fat etc all of a sudden
Some say the oline was bad but Rw made them worse because: he holds the ball to long, misses guys, can't recognize a defense, and was not fast enough to get out of the way when the oline decided not to block, and that was even when he was not injured even though he was injured in the first game and played injured all year.

Hmm so basically for some it's all RWs fault. Hmm so glad the facts, show other wise and even happier the FO knows better.

But I do love all the assuming, guessing, making things up and so called Experts who suddenly show up.

Personally I think all of you should boycott this forum and the Hawks till they get a new QB since its all Rw fault to some.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":3pssyxy3 said:
titan3131":3pssyxy3 said:
Chapow":3pssyxy3 said:
titan3131":3pssyxy3 said:

I know the difference, I work with clients getting them the best body composition possible. I can eyeball a bodyfat % unlike most of you normies who believe that there ever has been an NFL athlete at 4% Body fat.

Finally someone talking body fat. What would you guess his body fat at the start of 2016 season? Russell is going to struggle with weight IMO. This is from 2015 when he was attempting to slim down to beat the rush.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10...lson-seattle-seahawks-offensive-line-problems

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that Wilson is focusing on shedding pounds and improving his speed as a way to combat the additional pressure he's facing in the pocket this season. The Seahawks offensive line has been a much-maligned unit under head coach Pete Carroll for the last several years, but it appears to be worse than ever through the first four weeks of the 2015 campaign.

Then all of the sudden he is trying to gain weight in 2016 for the same reason??

Or....was he doing a quick attempt to cover for the weight he picked up by posting workouts as a pre-emptive strike to criticism?

Proving my point again, always turning what should be a positive to a negative

Anthony!

Reaction score
lobohawk":21orjmpf said:
penihawk":21orjmpf said:
Thanks. I totally agree with your post. To elaborate even further on Brady. He is one of the greatest anticipatory passers of all time. I think this is one of the skills RW is still lacking. I would even venture to say it makes his line look bad at times while Brady's expertise at trusting it and getting it out quick & on time makes his o-line appear better than they really are.

It's as much scheme as anything else for Brady and he admitted it. Stating that he knew who was going to be open even before the play would run (not the pre-snap read part, but play design). That's coach Belichick's influence. Didn't help so much when they played the Hawks last year.

Great post but his point was Rw is why the line looked bad.

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2p6t2f9p said:
penihawk":2p6t2f9p said:

You are right once again. Last year's Hawks had a bad O-Line to be sure, but they were made far worse by RW's lack of passing confidence/skill/intelligence, etc.

You take RW and Tom Brady and give them both last year's Hawks O-Line and Brady will outperform RW big time.

RW's first years in the league had the benefit of a HOF running back at the peak of his powers which in turn allowed RW to develop and be the run out threat that was in addition to Lynch's smashmouth intensity. Add to that we had the best defense in the league, and we were a powerful team even with a still-developing QB.

Once Lynch's skills declined, and then he left, and the defense fell a notch or two in being able to dominate, RW's weaknesses were more greatly exposed.

I'll go a step further here. If RW doesn't have a strong bounce-back season, his time as a top tier QB could be over. He's not going to get any faster, or any taller, and doesn't appear to have the mental capacity to elevate his game much further.

I hope that's not the case, but another season like last season (or worse) is going to really set him back.

Worst post of the thread no fact at all, all very biased opinion. This gets a :pukeface:

lobohawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1tgvhu67 said:
titan3131":1tgvhu67 said:
Chapow":1tgvhu67 said:
titan3131":1tgvhu67 said:

Pretty sure he focused on speed, as he wanted to turn 5 yrd runs into 15-20 yard runs. He bulked up to gain mass and worked on flexibility to deal with collisions. Longevity was the goal. It's not that complicated.

Still confused why people assume he slacked off and thus gained weight. The dude is about meticulous as they come and training is a part of it. Always looking for an edge and trying different things.

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":2fjiv50t said:

Time to break out the McFly swatter I suppose. Did I post the fat pics? Why don't you go after someone else, too afraid?

If you can't handle a discussion trying to get to the real truth, I suggest you bury your head back in the sand. I posed a question and evidence there has been back and forth with Russells weight. Get over it. :179422:

Anthony!

Reaction score
lobohawk":3b1uq6do said:
Seymour":3b1uq6do said:
titan3131":3b1uq6do said:
Chapow":3b1uq6do said:

Pretty sure he focused on speed, as he wanted to turn 5 yrd runs into 15-20 yard runs. He bulked up to gain mass and worked on flexibility to deal with collisions. Longevity was the goal. It's not that complicated.

Still confused why people assume he slacked off and thus gained weight. The dude is about meticulous as they come and training is a part of it. Always looking for an edge and trying different things.

Those that do it, do it because they want to, they dislike Rw and want to see him fail so they can say I told you. This whole thread was meant to be a positive and instead some found a way to turn it into a negative because that's what they do

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":n7fwuq8o said:
Anthony!":n7fwuq8o said:

Time to break out the McFly swatter I suppose. Did I post the fat pics? Why don't you go after someone else, too afraid?

If you can't handle a discussion trying to get to the real truth, I suggest you bury your head back in the sand. I posed a question and evidence there has been back and forth with Russells weight. Get over it. :179422:

LOL yeah whatever like I said thanks for proving my point, keep being negative and making crap up.

Seymour

Reaction score
Anthony!":17a7v008 said:
Seymour":17a7v008 said:
Anthony!":17a7v008 said:

LOL yeah whatever like I said thanks for proving my point, keep being negative and making crap up.

Back to the brickyard I suppose. I posted the link to what I quoted. Show me what I made up please. A question is a question BTW. Yes, too much for the delicate souls here I know, but it is not an assumption...so, where is it?

toffee

Reaction score
We may never know the cause, but we all saw the result: RW was slower and less accurate.

Could it be due to injuries? Probably,
Could it be due to less time allowed by OL? Most of the cases.
Could extra muscle mass interfered with his throw? Ummm, google John Miller golfer chopping trees.

I personally SPECULATE:

1. RW's extra muscle mass might interfered with his motion, making the release a split second slower. RW also have to learn to adjust due to extra strength than before. ie the over or under throwing his receivers. As i said before, John Miller was never the same after an off season chopping woods, as a golfer, that tiny bit off made all the difference.

Then he started working on his golf game, changing his swing to accommodate the Joe Palooka type of frame he had built by chopping trees and lifting logs in the off-season after he won the British Open in 1976. Miller, the kid with the dazzling blond hair, unassuming blue and the rawboned face, had fleshed out like a linebacker and was now wearing shirts with a size 18 collar. His muscles rippled and he was far less flexible than the slim fashion model around whom Sears had built an entire line of men's wear.

He trudged off to visit John Geersten, who had taught him as a youngster and helped him refine his game. And he subsequently made stops at Byron Nelson's lesson tee in Dallas and worked a bit with Ben Doyle. And he took the bits and pieces and tried to put the puzzle back together, acknowledging that all three helped him, if only by starting him thinking about the mechanics of his swing and what he was and was not doing.

John Miller's game was never the same once he gain those muscle. From super star to also run.

Another case is Colin Kaepernick, a known weight lifting freak. The more muscle he packed, the less accurate his passes, which led to more thinking before throwing to make mental adjustment on how much strength to apply.

2. That OL, of course the OL contributed to RW's injuries and having to hurry all the time. Has RW been hearing footsteps even when he wasn't hurried? Possibly. That also influenced his accuracy.

3. Injury, he played even when injured. Lack of a better backup? Or just RW being RW?

Injury can heal. Can one "delete" the brain from hearing footsteps? The extra muscle is the most worrisome factor, if he is working on packing even more.

Just my uneducated pennies. Not hating, but worried.