Football Gameplan's 2013 Seahawks vs Saints Video Preview

lengai

Reaction score
Largent80":1ent6vky said:
More handwringing going on here than Mitt Romney at a Hispanic republican rally.

I have no idea how it happened, but Roman Harper is much improved in his pass coverage. He isn't the best in the world by any means but he's a lot better than you guys will remember from that playoff game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
lengai":12m7lxpp said:
Largent80":12m7lxpp said:
More handwringing going on here than Mitt Romney at a Hispanic republican rally.

I have no idea how it happened, but Roman Harper is much improved in his pass coverage. He isn't the best in the world by any means but he's a lot better than you guys will remember from that playoff game.

Hope he can cover for 14 seconds while Wilson runs around outside the pocket.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1enp7s4v said:
lengai":1enp7s4v said:
Largent80":1enp7s4v said:

Hope he can cover for 14 seconds while Wilson runs around outside the pocket.

He doesn't have to. Once again, Harper's responsibility will be that of the player keeping Wilson contained on the play, not covering a receiver. Big difference.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
lukerguy":2vj7jbmw said:
AsylumGuido":2vj7jbmw said:
Dtowers":2vj7jbmw said:
I would take RW over Brees everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

That's fine.

I wouldn't go that far. The guy just broke the single season record for passing...

If we are taking into account age, then I would say RW, but for a 1 game today. I think the Saints have the edge at QB.

I agree with this. I think Brees is better than Wilson right now, but the day that the previous clause becomes false is not far off - like maybe another season's worth of games from right now.

CANHawk

Reaction score
People keep talking about how we havent played anyone like the saints.... but they haven't played anyone like US yet either!

Dtowers

Reaction score
CANHawk":2mh7qrzd said:
People keep talking about how we havent played anyone like the saints.... but they haven't played anyone like US yet either!

Truth.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3ugo5w5a said:
MysterMatt":3ugo5w5a said:
AsylumGuido":3ugo5w5a said:
Polaris":3ugo5w5a said:
AsylumGuido said:
36 degrees is not that cold and there is very little chance at all of any precipitation. The biggest affect from bad weather on a passing game is the wind. That is a total non-factor tonight with max winds of 5 mph being forecast.

36 degrees is under forty and if it's raining it will feel a LOT colder. Trust me, I know this from experience. Also rain can be a big factor and the QB with the bigger hands and the team with the better running game has the advantage in rain. That's Seattle in both cases.

Check the forecast. Hardly any chance of rain during the game -20% changing to 0% during the game. Once again, if you feel like you need nature to assist then you are in trouble to begin with.
True. The better team with the better defense, running game, and quarterback will win, which is why the Saints will lose tonight.

And that is why they play the game. You can think the Hawks defense, running game and QB are better, but until the game is played it is only speculation. And, by the way, a better defense and/or running game does not guarantee anything. And I honestly doubt many here, or anywhere, would believe that Russell Wilson is a better QB than Drew Brees at this point in time.

You were saying?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Well, one team played the game anyways. But thanks New Orleans, for putting 11 on the field.

OrFan

Reaction score
So EM, how do you like your crow? I suggest well done.

Nice breakdown, but please put more faith in the best team in the NFL, and the impact that playing in Seattle has.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
At least give us home-field advantage!

Erebus

Reaction score
EmDiggy":3rvzizh5 said:
Wow! This is some awesome back-n-forth discussion! Here's how I came to the conclusion

- No Browner & Thurmond that's key starters..that then bumps the next 2 guys up, while they are solid, they're behind the aforementioned two for a reason. Plus, Browner's size gives the Hawks defense GREAT flexibility in how they matchup. SO that now puts normally Nickel & Dime guys on the Saints 2 & 3 WRs..that's ok..but the issue is the 4th WR which in all essence could be Lance Moore, Nick Toon (if active), Robert Meachem. Advantage: Saints

- No Greer is a HUGE blow to the Saints however, without Percy Harvin, is Baldwin, Lockett and/or Kearse really an advantage over White, Sweeting & Vaccaro? I'd say maybe..so Advantage: Seahawks

- TE play will be huge & I think that's a push b/c both teams have value at that position and both teams have defenders that can essentially match up vs those TEs

- Backs in the passing game is also key. Saints do a great job not only on screens with Thomas/Ingram but downfield passing with Sproles

- Biggest battle will be between which OL can hold up the longest. Both can dominate and look awful at times.. Push

To me Home/Away/Weather is irrelevant to an outcome of a game. It's going to be close.. I see maybe a 17-13 type game

Do you still feel that way?

Latest posts