Video analysis of Seahawks OL vs. Lions

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Nice block-by-block breakdown of the team's successful rushes on Sunday. I'm really impressed with Abe Lucas' run-blocking... what a fantastic draft pick!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed that. The best part imo was there was a clip of all 5 (8 including the tight ends) making their blocks. I didn't hear Hutchinson at all in pass rush so I assume our rookie tackles won vs him in the battle of rookies. Good to see how committed the receivers like Metcalf and Lockett were to blocking on run plays too.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice breakdowns. O-line is really coming together. It seems that people's fears that Lucas and Cross might be soft in the run game were a little unfounded. If we can run like that, we'll have a lot of success this season.

BASF

Reaction score
I am going to keep banging this drum until others start giving him his props, but Andy Dickerson is doing a fantastic job with this line. They are performing at a high level when there are three new players on the line. Having them function so well as a unit this early in the season with that amount of turnover is something us Seahawks fans have not seen in over a decade. Waldron also deserves kudos for his play designs integrating the blocking correctly. Several of our run game coordinators/line coaches/OC's have not been congruous and it has shown for years. These two guys are on the same page and making it work.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I have been intermittenly pounding the table for this franchise to draft bookend tackles high well before dotnet existed.
It finally happened, now just add some interior blocking talent and this offense will quickly grow into one of the leagues most potent.
Use 60-70% of our draft/FA$ resource's on fixing the defense and we are back in the saddle.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This last game against Detroit who admittedly have a weak D has genuinely convinced me that Waldron is starting to show his creative abilities. Our young OLine has truly started to come together as well Dickerson is doing a good job and the future for both of them looks brighter than I thought it'd be after the SF game.

Now if the defensive coaches can right that side of the team things will get a whole lot brighter.

sutz

Reaction score
I have been intermittenly pounding the table for this franchise to draft bookend tackles high well before dotnet existed.
It finally happened, now just add some interior blocking talent and this offense will quickly grow into one of the leagues most potent.
Use 60-70% of our draft/FA$ resource's on fixing the defense and we are back in the saddle.
Well, to be honest, they haven't had a lot of high first round picks to use on quality tackles the past few years. Drafting in the 20's usually means that the 1st rd talent at OL are gone. I'm glad they used the high picks they got from Denver this way rather than reaching for one of the questionable QBs available in the '22 draft. The real steal was Lucas in the 3d. He seems to be outperforming Cross in some ways, though it's true that Cross often faces superior DL talent.

The coaching seems to have improved in the recent shuffle as well. Good breakdown above.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I completely agree on the drafting of bookend OTs and that message has been a part of my footer for a very long time. IMO Cross is developing nicely and will make us happy soon. Now for a good young OC and another OG then we can replace our RG and may have a power running game again.