Flying in for week 3, any tips for a 1st timer at the Clink?

jonkchar

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Jon and I'm part of the 12th Man in Alaska, thanks for having me here.

Myself, my wife and a friend will be attending our first game when the 'Hawks host the Jaguars.
My parents took me to a game at the Kingdoms during the '93 season but I don't remember a whole lot. Needless to say, we are excited.

I was wondering if I could get some tips from my fellow 12s:

What time should we arrive for the afternoon game? We'll be staying downtown and will likely take the light rail.
Should we check out the Pen next door, or come watch warmups?
What are some cool things to check out at the Clink? Also, where is the good food?
Is it realistic to get autographs? I remember when I went to the game at the Kingdome, players from both teams signed autographs outside the Kingdome afterwards. Or is it better to seek them during warmups? Inside, outside the stadium?

If anything it'd be cool to high five and share a cold beverage with some fellow 'Hawk fans!

Thank you all so much in advance for any tips. Thank you

-Jon
Twitter.com/jonathankrukoff

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Something to soothe the Vocal Chords after the game perhaps! I would suggest a nice cold beer!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I recommend getting down there about three hours before the game. There are a lot of shops and pubs to visit within a short walking distance from the stadium. One of the things I always enjoy is when Blue Thunder gets going. They'll wander around on the streets outside of the stadium, and they'll even send in a contingent to various pubs.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3mpx83wz said:
Something to soothe the Vocal Chords after the game perhaps! I would suggest a nice cold beer!
I've found gargling beer like it's mouthwash during downtime provides near-instant relief.
I was screaming so much at the 9er game, I needed like 6 beers to soothe myself.

9erEmpire

Reaction score
Bring ear plugs. People were reported of losing their hearing. I love Seattle's passion but not at the expense of injuring their own fans. I heard it was very loud and people were screaming the ears of kids.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
9erEmpire":1d9km4jl said:
Bring ear plugs. People were reported of losing their hearing. I love Seattle's passion but not at the expense of injuring their own fans. I heard it was very loud and people were screaming the ears of kids.

Alright...who let the troll in?

The Radish

Reaction score
If you're like my wife and I out first trip you need to get there early and as you walk out of the tunnel to the field just stop and take some time to really look around. Its an amazing looking place.

Welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:

A

Anonymous

minormillikin":32uuwilm said:
Evil_Shenanigans":32uuwilm said:
I've found gargling beer like it's mouthwash during downtime provides near-instant relief.
I was screaming so much at the 9er game, I needed like 6 beers to soothe myself.

So, you spent over $80 on beer then?

12HawkFan

Reaction score
You say you are staying downtown, if north of the Clink a mile or so, take the time and walk to the stadium if the weather is good, you will truly be amazed at the number of Hawk fans you will see and get to rub elbows with.

Next, as someone has already mentioned, plan on getting to the stadium at least three hours before kickoff.

You can take your time walking around what little tailgating is left, west of the stadium mostly, and get the whole game day vibe going.

When time to go into the stadium, enter through the Event Center located between the Clink and Safeco field. Lots of cool stuff inside and you can meet some of the Seagals or players that may be inactive.

You did not mention where you are sitting so if you have the time walk around the entire stadium to see the different site lines and view points.

If you do this early enough while there is hardly anyone coming to their seats, you will find the ushers pretty easy on letting you in to see the view or take a picture.

Hope this helps.

Have a great time.

GO HAWKS!!!

OP
OP
J

jonkchar

Reaction score
Thanks guys these are helpful and if anyone has anything else to share I will take notes as well!

Silly question, can you smuggle in a flask?