Flags up, but not for the Legion of Boom

raisethe3

Reaction score
The NFL officials did what they said they would do in Week 1, dramatically increasing the number of flags for defensive holding, illegal contact and illegal use of the hands.

Those three violations had an increase of 218 percent over Week 1 last year, according to ESPN Stats & information, so the new emphasis that many people have blamed on the Seattle Seahawks defense was in full effect.

And you know how many times the Seahawks were whistled for those violations in their season opener?

Zero. Not once.

More from ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... on-of-boom

Funny how the media and everyone out there accusing Seahawks defensive backs for holding on every passing plays or whatever. I got to say, the Seahawks did a fine job in adjusting themselves when needed. LOL@ the rest of league.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I love that all the NFL teams just made life harder on themselves, but didn't hurt the Seahawks at all.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Obviously, we're the darlings of the NFL, and the NFL wants us to win another SB. They have it out for everyone else. Let the conspiracy theories ensue.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe we play the position better than other teams because our guys are actually well-coached.

Nahhhh! Couldn't be that!

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all. I noticed a lot of people have been worrying about how this will go against us this season, including sports writers, tv analysts and even some Seahawk fans, but it was something I was very confident wouldn't be an issue for the LOB

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawks46":xhj96hw9 said:
Obviously, we're the darlings of the NFL, and the NFL wants us to win another SB. They have it out for everyone else. Let the conspiracy theories ensue.

Its funny as hell because the NFL is basically the owners. Are all the other owners conspiring against their own teams?