Fire Servais

Chapow

Reaction score
Scott is purposely not trying to win or he's the dumbest manager in baseball

They've won 6 of their last 8, and that was against Tampa Bay @ home, and San Francisco and Houston on the road. How can you explain that if he's not trying to win? It's pretty easy to lose to good teams if that's what you're trying to do.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Dude, the guy has been doing the "rest guys" or "switch up the line up" thing after the team gets hot his entire tenure here as manager. It's a freaking joke, man. Trust me...I am not the only one saying this...

He put himself on the hot seat with the Ray move in the playoffs last year and just keeps digging himself a bigger hole. He was the only guy on planet earth to think of bringing Ray in that night. Like I said earlier if it wasn't for good pitching his record here would be abysmal. Every other team would have fired him by now but since this is the Seattle Mariners they keep him around. The guy couldn't manage himself out of a paper bag.

Chapow

Reaction score
Dude, the guy has been doing the "rest guys" or "switch up the line up" thing after the team gets hot his entire tenure here as manager. It's a freaking joke, man. Trust me...I am not the only one saying this...

He put himself on the hot seat with the Ray move in the playoffs last year and just keeps digging himself a bigger hole. He was the only guy on planet earth to think of bringing Ray in that night. Like I said earlier if it wasn't for good pitching his record here would be abysmal. Every other team would have fired him by now but since this is the Seattle Mariners they keep him around. The guy couldn't manage himself out of a paper bag.

Servais was 2nd in AL manager of the year voting 2 years ago and 3rd last year. You know why? Because the people that vote on those types of things thought he did a pretty damn good job with what he had to work with.

Look man, Servais isn't perfect. I don't always agree with his decisions. I don't like how often Wong is playing. I don't like AJ Pollack starting over Kelenic. I don't like Moore starting in right field, having Teo at DH, and Ford on the bench. But here's the thing, I don't know the reasoning behind those decisions. There very well might be a good reason and we just don't know what that reason is. There's a million things going on with a baseball team that most fans are never going to be aware of.

I don't think Servais is some super amazing manager, but he's no where near as bad as you're making him out to be.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Let's hope some moves are in order at the deadline for a couple bats
to make SS job easier and our minds less stressed.
it's 7 out of last 9 so finally!
I wiss there wasn't a long break for the stupid AS game.

Threedee

Reaction score
Let's hope some moves are in order at the deadline for a couple bats
to make SS job easier and our minds less stressed.
it's 7 out of last 9 so finally!
I wiss there wasn't a long break for the stupid AS game.
AS break gutted Junior in 1998. Wonder how many more home runs he might have hit that season without his rhythm being thrown off.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
AS break gutted Junior in 1998. Wonder how many more home runs he might have hit that season without his rhythm being thrown off.
I remember watching Griffey before the strike started in 94 in Chicago
He had a great shot to break the season HR record.
Always something messed with his destiny..Injuries,Strike and HR derby.
I believe he stopped doing HR derby for the reason you stated.

Chapow

Reaction score
Mariners just went to Houston and won 3 out of 4. They've now won 7 of their last 9, all against very good teams.

"Servais isn't trying to win or is the dumbest manager in baseball" is the weirdest take ever and is complete nonsense.

sutz

Reaction score
Coming off consecutive 90 win seasons where we were pretty commonly called "over achievers" as well. Yeah, that's always a sign of a crappy manager.
:LOL:

Chapow

Reaction score
I'd sure like to see what Servais could do with a team that bothered to build a good offense in the off season. I'd imagine it's pretty hard to manage a team that basically just acquired Teo (while losing Haniger), and then a bunch of guys off the scrap heap.

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Do you actually think this team, this group of players, is good enough to be a legit WS contender if only they had a different manager? Because I don't think they're even close.

That being said, sure, fire Servais. If they aren't going to do what it takes to build a team good enough to be a legit WS contender, it doesn't really matter anyway.
Nah Vegas had em at 82.5 wins. Based off the roster. Average roster basically. In NFL terms a 9-8 team or 8-9. Servais can only do what he can do. 2nd Most wins above expected since 2018.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
My opinion for years now is that they need a manager who is “bigger” than than the “team”. And that man is Edgar Martinez…

The only other M’s manager with any legit success was Lou, and part of that reason was the fact that he was bigger than the players. He carried the clout and had the ultimate respect from the players. Scott may be respected as a good baseball man but will never have the clout or gravitas of a HOF’er.
Bigger then the players but also had 4 hall of fame players. Servais has ?.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score

Except the Ray move wasnt as bad as ppl think it was. Munoz, sewald crapped the bed. Ray had Yordan 1-3 against him with just a single before the homer.

I guess you could have walked Yordan to face Bregman. However, Bregman was basically god at home last yr. If you brought in Swanson, his numbers were worse vs Yordan and Bregman.

The game was lost by Munoz and even more Sewald. Sewald imploded in the 9th.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score

FO and him decided on Ray. 3rd Most wins above expected besides 1 Manager. I will take that stat over online people who also wanted Pete fired for Russ and then act like they never said that.(not sayin u on PC)

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Servais was 2nd in AL manager of the year voting 2 years ago and 3rd last year. You know why? Because the people that vote on those types of things thought he did a pretty damn good job with what he had to work with.

Look man, Servais isn't perfect. I don't always agree with his decisions. I don't like how often Wong is playing. I don't like AJ Pollack starting over Kelenic. I don't like Moore starting in right field, having Teo at DH, and Ford on the bench. But here's the thing, I don't know the reasoning behind those decisions. There very well might be a good reason and we just don't know what that reason is. There's a million things going on with a baseball team that most fans are never going to be aware of.

I don't think Servais is some super amazing manager, but he's no where near as bad as you're making him out to be.
3rd Most wins above expected since 2018. 2nd most in MLB. I agree on full reply.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
They've won 6 of their last 8, and that was against Tampa Bay @ home, and San Francisco and Houston on the road. How can you explain that if he's not trying to win? It's pretty easy to lose to good teams if that's what you're trying to do.

He's lost the players....It's so laughable. We are very reactionary now days huh? Are people really clamoring for McClendon? Do we forget his lineups and pitching decisions?

Yeah Servais isn't perfect. He isn't Lou but who is? He's had 4 winning seasons out of 7. Therefore he's had 3 losing seasons with 2 of those seasons being a full rebuild.

We realize that there are actual bad managers in the MLB right? Servais is alright.