Finish This Statement:

Sign37now

Reaction score
Closed and locked for this season but luckily not painted shut..

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I don't think its closed for good but I do think some changes need to be made to the coaching staff. If not, I'm not sure Petes the guy moving forward.

Skansi82

Reaction score
Still open. Kam's holdout screwed us, and 3 of our 4 losses are against undefeated teams. We'll dump some high dollar aging players next year, and hopefully shore up our O-line. Russell definitely has his weaknesses, but taking age and character into consideration, there are only a few other QBs I would rather have.

This year isn't looking too promising, but 10 wins isn't out of the question. I guarantee nobody would be excited to play them in the first round.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Still wide open if (and it's a big if) we can get an NFL caliber O-Line.

White Devil

Reaction score
still officially open.

There are too many playmakers on this team and the core, which is solid, is still young enough that the window remains open. The team has run deep in the playoffs for the last 3 straight years. The pieces that have moved on are still being slowly replaced. That includes coaching. This is a team that can put it together, this just may be a down year. It happens.

The Patriots have remained a dynasty as long as they have for one reason only. The play in the AFC East which has been a suckfest for the last 15 years. The NFC West has been the best division in football, defensively at least, for the last 5 seasons.

This team isn't done. It needs to find a new identity on offense. We're a pass first offense now. I understand the contract to Russ is seen as part of that statement although to me, it's because the offensive line is in such disarray shotgun, run around like your hair is on fire, and hopefully pull a play out of your ass better describes the offense.

The defense needs to find their own identity as well. They need to figure out how to play with each other gain. The bond, that closeness and knowing where each other is supposed to be at all times is missing.

This may not be their year. That's ok. I don't expect them to quit. I hope they don't. Maybe some defeat, humility, and extra rest will do them good.

:179417:

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
wide open.....just off but fixable...

If we were stuck with no options at CB, then I'd say closed, but Lane and Burley offer options to get Cary Williams off the field.

It would be closed if we didn't have Thomas Rawls to spell Marshawn, who is still a factor and a legitimate back.

Still wide open because as bad as the game was tonight, there are two consecutive games where the offense scored points that we haven't seen with a passing threat in Graham and a secondary back in Rawls.

We score points the minute we switch tendencies, as shown by Matthews and Lockette getting catches.

It's an evolution that is violent to watch change, but the schedule softens and we have teams beyond Green Bay & New England are no better than Seattle on a neutral field.

A coordinator change on offense is going to have to happen sooner rather than later, because it's a fine line between playcalling and listening to critics. Right now Bevell is doing what we saw last year forcing the ball to Harvin....instead its Graham.

The harsh reality is that most teams have a #1 and #2 WR....we don't have that and John Schneider have a decision to make about draft picks or winning the next four years. You can get Alshon Jeffrey for a pick from the Bears and all it would cost is a draft pick and he's on his rookie contract that expires after this season....do you take the sure thing (Graham vs a #1 pick this past year) or Jeffrey for a #2 or #3 pick....if you get Jeffrey, you can pay him after this year and integrate him into the offense over the bye week...you are not getting a finished product at WR at his size that can win in the next 3-5 years.....you can argue that Jeffrey can take Cary Williams cap number after this season and whatever additional money is paid, when the cap goes up.

I would make the shakeup now and give Bevell legitimate weapon to compliment the running game and take pressure off the offensive line. We are not able to create running lanes like 30 other teams that have a #1 WR. If you traded a #1 for Graham and you can get Jeffrey for a #2 or #3, you are better off now, two years from now and 3 to 5 years from now......Russell needs playmakers folks, it's not really fair to ask him to function without a defense that always has the ability to crowd the line of scrimmage. The Bears are going nowhere and will take the pick....Schneider & Pete need to make the call to Chicago next week.

White Devil

Reaction score
The truth is no defense can stay at the top year after year. It doesn't happen.

The problem the Seahawks are having is that the offense isn't picking up any of the slack. In fact the offense has gotten worse over the last 3 years.

Mick063

Reaction score
An over rated term

originally based upon relative concepts like team age and salary cap positioning. Such things seem to be predictable, but then sometimes they are not. New England for example.

The Seahawks are not terrible. They are inconsistent. But most of all, they are poorly coached on the offensive side. Always been that way in the Carroll era. A slight slip by the defense only magnifies how average the offense is.

No one should ever doubt the very fine line between winning and losing in the NFL. It doesn't take much for the wheels to fall off the cart.

Look at Saints fans. They have waited with bated breath since 2009 to get the mojo back. It never did. They still had a very good team for short stretches. All the components were there. They just lost the magic fire.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Open as long as Russ plays and is currently taking a year off to deal with the harshest loss in professional sports.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Still open.

Odds are against a repeat this year, which may be okay. Lots of extra wear and tear on these guys from the past three years. However, if they sneak into the playoffs, they may be back this year. Team needs a good solid draft and some decent FA additions, not marquee guys, but solid players.

OL goes without saying, needs a revamp. Actually the entire offense needs a revamp. The zone read is pretty much dead. Marshawn is running on fumes, the passing game is junior high most of the time.

Defensively teams that have beat us have done it with 10,12,15 play drives. This philosophy works if the offense scores and keeps a lead. When the offense goes 1,2,3 kick......well we have seen what happens.

There are glimpses of greatness, keep the faith!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I say it's still open for the next several years. Do not let these anomaly losses taint your spectacles. We still have the horses to compete against any team in the NFL, they have been there, won it all. They still play for each other and still believe each week. No that of course alone isn't enough, but it sure is an advantage.

At some point this defense and Wilson are both going to wake up from this nightmare and get back to business as usual where they Leave No Doubt.

Will it be in time to save the season? Who knows. Maybe. Maybe not. But what I do know is that this team, this organization still has most pieces in place to keep that SB window open for at least a few more years.

soohawk

Reaction score
this team reminds me of the canucks team that lost game 7 away a few years ago, the next season was like pulling teeth for 6 months. its just painful to watch and im sure they are not having any fun regressing with the recurring issues.

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
Closed, welded shut, and reinfoced with steel bars.

This team is mentally in shambles. Superbowl 49 destroyed this teams psyche. The wheels are slowly coming off. PEte and this group of players have peaked. We are officially on the decline.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
One can observe that "the glass is half full or half empty". The people who see it as "half full" have not noticed the hole in the bottom of the glass! :roll: